PDA

View Full Version : B*stard Rego!!!

Clarky__SRi
22nd August 2009, 03:35 PM
Just wondering how people feel about being raped by REGO!!!
Just taken me for $620odd....Not Cool Man!!!

ROCCO
22nd August 2009, 03:41 PM
haha...the feeling is the same...I hate paying it but if i don't...well you know the story

Jerram
22nd August 2009, 03:42 PM
Just wondering how people feel about being raped by REGO!!!
Just taken me for $620odd....Not Cool Man!!!

yep I'm looking forward to that next year; hopefully by then I'll have a 6 or 8 cylinder car so I'll cop even more rapeage

maybe pay every 6 months?

daiflu
22nd August 2009, 04:11 PM
yep, it sucks. I pay three regos a year. The one due this month ($612) is for a car I've driven 3 times in last 4 years, and those times were all within the first month of owning it.

AfterBurner
22nd August 2009, 05:23 PM
I'm presuming you're referring to CTP (Green Slip) + rego???

rego alone in NSW only around the $200 mark max... CTP is the killer@$400-$550...

mzsammi
22nd August 2009, 07:43 PM
549$ i paid for my rego :P

Vectracious
22nd August 2009, 08:51 PM
we're lucky in Vic that the rego is a standard fee regardless of what car you have.

poita
22nd August 2009, 08:58 PM
yer qld goes on cylinders/rotors, private/commercial, concession/no concession, 6/12 months
need a degree to register your car

heres a good place for the other states to compare

https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/eQuote/LightVehicleRegistrationQuote.jsp

hazrd
22nd August 2009, 09:45 PM
we're lucky in Vic that the rego is a standard fee regardless of what car you have.

$549 ftw!!

no greenslip/ctp/whatever its called
no roadworthy
no engine size price bs

i remember it cost a fortune in NSW!!

kirssn
23rd August 2009, 12:03 AM
i have recently been quoting nsw vehicle owners at work up to $760 for ctp/greenslips. it sucks. unfortunately with the government regulating it, we can't do anything about them :(

gmonkey
23rd August 2009, 03:42 AM
yer qld goes on cylinders/rotors, private/commercial, concession/no concession, 6/12 months
need a degree to register your car

heres a good place for the other states to compare

https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/eQuote/LightVehicleRegistrationQuote.jsp
we got same in WA

i pay around $240 for 6months over here

rjastra
23rd August 2009, 01:03 PM
The one due this month ($612) is for a car I've driven 3 times in last 4 years, and those times were all within the first month of owning it.

Could you get some sort of club or restricted usage rego for that car?

xplosv57
23rd August 2009, 03:18 PM

Not necessarily, im paying more for rego than what the car is worth, so works for some!!

Vectracious
23rd August 2009, 03:39 PM
Not necessarily, im paying more for rego than what the car is worth, so works for some!!

but thats wog mathematics - its what makes some people install a 10K sound system in their $800 Gemini :p

mmahle
23rd August 2009, 03:56 PM
always wondered as a Victorian, what is CTP for NSW? Is that like Third Party Insurance or something?

poita
23rd August 2009, 03:58 PM
CTP = Compulsory Third Party

daiflu
23rd August 2009, 04:16 PM
Could you get some sort of club or restricted usage rego for that car?

Not yet, another 5 years and I can ;)

hazrd
23rd August 2009, 04:39 PM
always wondered as a Victorian, what is CTP for NSW? Is that like Third Party Insurance or something?

correct, known as a green slip.. essentially its insurance if you run some poor bastard over or hurt them when u smash into their car lol

cant register your car without one.. standard price of around $450 for under 25s. cant remember the price for over 25s because i didnt have nsw reg when i turned 25 lol

gmonkey
23rd August 2009, 05:21 PM
so does ur third party with ur rego cover peoples cars/property?? ours only cover medical damages.

poita
23rd August 2009, 05:30 PM
yer it covers damages/injuries to other parties involved in an accident

mmahle
23rd August 2009, 11:55 PM
We should get that here in Victoria. I wonder why it's NSW only....

Clarky__SRi
24th August 2009, 07:40 AM
and to add insult to injury, managed to rack up a $333 fine yesterday arvo, Not amused! :( ... Best thing is, i dont think it would have been so much if i didnt put my foot down to pull into the left lane, to allow the holden commy (Undercover Police) to pull out into the road by doing a "U" turn...Absolutely gutted!!

Anyone else got demerits?
Need some comforting Lmao!!!

btm
24th August 2009, 08:55 AM
just paid my ctp & rego (including plates) and it set me back $1,199 :(

and that doesnt even include my comprehensive insurance yet...

JohnBu
24th August 2009, 11:40 AM
just paid my ctp & rego (including plates) and it set me back $1,199 :(

and that doesnt even include my comprehensive insurance yet...

what the hell???

rego in VIC $612.
comprehensive insurance $700 for my SRiT.

btm
24th August 2009, 12:02 PM
what the hell???

rego in VIC $612.
comprehensive insurance $700 for my SRiT.
and does that rego include your CTP?

rego - $272
plates - $400
ctp - $527

hazrd
24th August 2009, 02:01 PM
We should get that here in Victoria. I wonder why it's NSW only....

we do i think... the TAC premium (included in the price) or something isnt it?

JohnBu
24th August 2009, 02:03 PM
no further charges.

Vic's rego fee of $612 is inclusive of CTP.

oh, that includes my personal plates (Vic doesn't charge you additional costs to register a personalised plates, apart from the initial cost).

hazrd
24th August 2009, 02:05 PM
no further charges.

oh, that includes my personal plates (Vic doesn't charge you additional costs to register a personalised plates, apart from the initial cost).

i will say tho in vic its based on area.... u pay $612.. for me the calibra is $549, as is the magna

when we lived a suburb across, it was $563

JohnBu
24th August 2009, 02:25 PM
yeah noticed that if you're in the city, it's a little higher. If you're in the outer rim, i.e. Point Cook its cheaper and alot cheaper in the country.

btm
24th August 2009, 02:28 PM
no further charges.

wtf... we're getting ripped off up here! :mad:

Calibrated
24th August 2009, 02:29 PM
i miss paying R100 a year for rego. :( thats like $15.

hazrd
24th August 2009, 05:45 PM
just got home and dug up the rego for the magna (paid it 2 weeks ago)

was actually $567.20

which is a breakup of:
Registration Fee $183.30
TAC Charge $349.00
Insurance Duty $34.90

so i assume the TAC charge is like the CTP in NSW (acronym overload)

Calibrated
24th August 2009, 06:02 PM
i think CTP should only be required if you dont have comprehensive insurance. bloody rip job paying for two insurances, especially if you'll never use one of them.

Ice
25th August 2009, 12:31 AM
yep, it sucks. I pay three regos a year. The one due this month ($612) is for a car I've driven 3 times in last 4 years, and those times were all within the first month of owning it.

Speaking of which when is she going to be seeing the sunlight ?

Taffy
25th August 2009, 07:52 PM
I don't mind paying for rego - compared with the UK car tax, annual MOT and hefty insurance costs I'm laughin'

i think CTP should only be required if you dont have comprehensive insurance. bloody rip job paying for two insurances, especially if you'll never use one of them.

agreed !

Clarky__SRi
25th August 2009, 08:06 PM
I don't mind paying for rego - compared with the UK car tax, annual MOT and hefty insurance costs I'm laughin'

agreed !

Just noticed your name is taffy....You a welsh boy then?

Taffy
25th August 2009, 08:08 PM
Just noticed your name is taffy....You a welsh boy then?

lol yes quite a rare breed over this side of the World.

Also own a silver version of your car.

kirssn
25th August 2009, 08:19 PM

CTP and comprehensive insurance are two totally different types of insurance..... one protects the cars involved in an accident, the other protects people.

so.... in short..... having comprehensive insurance doesn't help the people injured in an accident nor does having ctp help with assisting on repairs to a vehicle in an accident.....

Clarky__SRi
27th August 2009, 07:22 AM
lol yes quite a rare breed over this side of the World.

Also own a silver version of your car.

Quality! When did you moove out here bud? I Just mooved ut from South Wales bout 9months ago!
Corsa SRi's FTMFW!!!

Calibrated
27th August 2009, 08:02 AM
CTP and comprehensive insurance are two totally different types of insurance..... one protects the cars involved in an accident, the other protects people.

so.... in short..... having comprehensive insurance doesn't help the people injured in an accident nor does having ctp help with assisting on repairs to a vehicle in an accident.....
thats just utter bullshit moneymaking crap. it should be covered in comprehensive just like it is in other parts of the world.

kirssn
27th August 2009, 08:29 AM
thats just utter bullshit moneymaking crap. it should be covered in comprehensive just like it is in other parts of the world.

take it up with the government - CTP is a government imposed insurance.... whereas comprehensive or third party property is voluntarily purchased by the consumer....

people don't seem to get that and take it out on us underwriters - it's not our fault... its the government....

Brazza
27th August 2009, 11:59 AM
screw paying for rego yearly.. The way I look at it is sure I'll get slugged more often but I won't have to scrape together as much money at the last minute as I would if I was paying it yearly :p

I always forget about rego until a week before it's due :lol:

Vectracious
27th August 2009, 01:50 PM
what did you expect - we live in a country where we pay a tax on a tax (GST on fuel excise) - you reckon they won't grab whatever they can get???!!!!!!!!!

Calibrated
28th August 2009, 11:11 AM
take it up with the government - CTP is a government imposed insurance.... whereas comprehensive or third party property is voluntarily purchased by the consumer....

people don't seem to get that and take it out on us underwriters - it's not our fault... its the government....
i know! im not taking it out on the underwriters, im saying its pathetic that its a requirement in the rego if you have comprehensive, which i have stated covers everything in other countries.
so to sum that up. i blame the gumbyment for their blatant money grabbing

Calibrated
28th August 2009, 11:12 AM
what did you expect - we live in a country where we pay a tax on a tax (GST on fuel excise) - you reckon they won't grab whatever they can get???!!!!!!!!!
read an article a few days ago, cant remember where now, but basically stating that australia is THE most expensive country in the world to live.

kirssn
28th August 2009, 11:34 AM
i know! im not taking it out on the underwriters, im saying its pathetic that its a requirement in the rego if you have comprehensive, which i have stated covers everything in other countries.
so to sum that up. i blame the gumbyment for their blatant money grabbing

yes i get your point but sitting here in the underwriters chair.... we cop it..... not the government... which is ultimately my point... it needs to be taken up with the government.

USC
28th August 2009, 12:04 PM
We pay CTP and on top of that, everybody pays medicare or private health insurace...that is so much bullshit. Where does all this money go??

kirssn
28th August 2009, 12:53 PM
We pay CTP and on top of that, everybody pays medicare or private health insurace...that is so much bullshit. Where does all this money go??

in short, it is there to cover the injuries sustained by a third party and in some cases, dependent upon insurer, an at fault driver in an accident where a motor vehicle is involved.

i will agree ctp costs the earth but it is there for a good cause - i mean at the end of the day, are you really going to complain about the cost of ctp when one day you, a brother, sister, mother father, partner or friend might be the person who needs to make a ctp claim because you're the injured party who's suffered lifelong injuries in an accident???

kirssn
28th August 2009, 12:56 PM

oh and private health insurance doesn't cover that much..... i've got top level of cover and i pay big $$$ each year for it, only to be diagnosed with a condition that means I can go into Anaphylactic shock anytime anywhere - yeah sure, I can minimise it but hey, only if i fork out in the first 12 months of treatment in excess of $3500 with costs only decreasing slightly after that... medicare rebate.... about 3%. Top level private health cover.... nothing.....

Vectracious
28th August 2009, 01:09 PM
if you think insurance companies are bad in terms of car/health/home insurance - have a look at what the insurance companies have done in the US with the healthcare..... I hope to God the PBS lasts forever in this country - because if we had to depend on insurance companies getting us our medications affordably here - well we wouldn't...

kirssn, no matter what you say, at the end of the day, insurance companies are a business, and a business needs to make money. Insurance companies only make money if they don't pay people out - so yeah one day I might need to make a ctp claim - but you guys will take me through the ringer before you give me the "claim successful" stamp.

We have about 2% of our account customers get billed straight to an insurance company/TAC for accident/workcover etc - those 2% of accounts give us I reckon 60% of the headaches, because you have little minions with a God complex and a red pen who reject claims left right and centre because we dared charge cost + 0.1% extra markup. I reckon if I had to deal with 100% of claims going through insurance companies (like it is in the states) my whole day would be spent writing letters about why its been charged this much and just shut the f*ck up and pay the money....

and then people wonder why I refuse to open any brand new TAC/Workcover accounts. Then they deal with it themselves and understand....

/rant

hazrd
28th August 2009, 05:17 PM
all i can say in regards to health insurance... we have had about $9k paid in medical expenses for my missus, and all we had to pay was our $250 excess...

no complaints from me... yet

hang on... this thread was about rego :p

mzsammi
31st August 2009, 08:08 AM
firstly victorian rego is not all the same ... i paid $549 my friend paid 600ish for a her mini cooper turbo, she paid the same as my friend with a lancer evo. he lives in narree warren and we both live in kinglake . so work that one out. lol

the biggest killer with rego is the tac part, thats insurance . so if u end up all smashed up or break a finger in a accident ur covered.

Vectracious
31st August 2009, 12:41 PM
firstly victorian rego is not all the same ... i paid $549 my friend paid 600ish for a her mini cooper turbo, she paid the same as my friend with a lancer evo. he lives in narree warren and we both live in kinglake . so work that one out. lol

looks like its changed from the 1st july this year - metro areas is 612.30 per year for rego, country areas are 567.20

so depending on when your rego was due this year and where you live, you could possibly have 3 different amounts.

xplosv57
31st August 2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah a friend of mine pays like $300 for country rego, but yeah heard it's increasing!!!

kirssn
31st August 2009, 11:24 PM
if you think insurance companies are bad in terms of car/health/home insurance - have a look at what the insurance companies have done in the US with the healthcare..... I hope to God the PBS lasts forever in this country - because if we had to depend on insurance companies getting us our medications affordably here - well we wouldn't...

kirssn, no matter what you say, at the end of the day, insurance companies are a business, and a business needs to make money. Insurance companies only make money if they don't pay people out - so yeah one day I might need to make a ctp claim - but you guys will take me through the ringer before you give me the "claim successful" stamp.

We have about 2% of our account customers get billed straight to an insurance company/TAC for accident/workcover etc - those 2% of accounts give us I reckon 60% of the headaches, because you have little minions with a God complex and a red pen who reject claims left right and centre because we dared charge cost + 0.1% extra markup. I reckon if I had to deal with 100% of claims going through insurance companies (like it is in the states) my whole day would be spent writing letters about why its been charged this much and just shut the f*ck up and pay the money....

and then people wonder why I refuse to open any brand new TAC/Workcover accounts. Then they deal with it themselves and understand....

/rant

i get what you're saying but in terms of where i work..... for CTP we distribute on behalf of a general insurer - we don't actualy sell nor deal with the claims process.... we don't make anything from CTP either.