PDA

View Full Version : Remap?

Clarky__SRi
20th August 2009, 06:31 PM
Could someone help me out pleasseee!!!!
Im lookng to get my 1.8 SRi Remapped, but i dont know where i an get it done:confused:

Suggestions Please?

chrissn89
20th August 2009, 06:53 PM
You've got CANBUS so unfortunately its not going to happen locally. Maybe you can get a hand held unit from the UK eg. Bluefin...... I know they do them for the Astra Turbos

Clarky__SRi
21st August 2009, 08:15 AM
You've got CANBUS so unfortunately its not going to happen locally. Maybe you can get a hand held unit from the UK eg. Bluefin...... I know they do them for the Astra Turbos

Damn! This plan i had going really isnt going to come together :mad:
Thanks anyway man!

lithium
21st August 2009, 10:22 AM
are you looking for a live remap or an out-of-the-box remap?

live remap, the only place (here in Sydney) i have found that can rewrite our ECUs is Silverwater Auto. all the other places use a piggyback at a substantially higher price

out-of-the-box remaps, i think a few members here sold them :confused:

ROCCO
21st August 2009, 10:57 AM
hey Lithium...your avatar pic is that a CAT for an Astra? If so where did you get it??

Nurb608
21st August 2009, 11:01 AM
hey Lithium...your avatar pic is that a CAT for an Astra? If so where did you get it??

Isn't it the dbilas inlet manifold?

lithium
21st August 2009, 11:10 AM
yes its an inlet manifold :) Rocco are you looking for an exhaust for your Astra?

Clarky__SRi
22nd August 2009, 03:29 PM
are you looking for a live remap or an out-of-the-box remap?

live remap, the only place (here in Sydney) i have found that can rewrite our ECUs is Silverwater Auto. all the other places use a piggyback at a substantially higher price

out-of-the-box remaps, i think a few members here sold them :confused:

Not really too sure mate, just know i wanna get the cars full potential lol
What do you rekon i need??

lithium
24th August 2009, 11:04 AM
well, truth be told unless you do something very extreme ($$$$), our cars are never going to be very fast in a straight line.

if you want a remap and most of your engine breathing (intake, exhaust) is factory, an out-of-the-box remap is the most cost effective option. i think it was Auzvectra who did them here?

if you want more power after that, usually people look at a full exhaust and doing something to the intake ('derestricting' the airbox, CAI, replacing the pipe between the AFM and the throttle body with large radiator hoses, aftermarket inlet manifold). every change will make a noticeable difference. just remember that after its all done, it'll still be just a hotted up N/A 1.8 4 banger - in a straight line you'll still struggle off to hold off anything with 6 cylinders or more, you'll have to catch them on the bends ;)

have you looked into getting a rear sway bar? it's the best value for money change i have done to my car, its cheap and can be installed at home pretty easily :)

nuggz
24th August 2009, 11:20 AM
im pretty sure auzvectra can do it

PaulyJ has had it done, would be best to pm him and see how it went

chrissn89
24th August 2009, 11:26 AM

I was under the impression that the 2005 barina/corsa had CANBUS and wasnt able to be re-mapped. Clarky does your car have the double din stereo or the smaller single din one....

Nurb608
24th August 2009, 11:29 AM

Isn't the 2005 model canbus? Dont think Matt can do them yet.

edit: oops, chris beat me to it lol

Ice
24th August 2009, 11:42 AM
just throw a turbo on it, thats the only way youll get any decent power output for your buck....it will not be cheap though.

Ice
24th August 2009, 11:44 AM
Clarky, it may also pay to ask PaulyJ as his SRi goes pretty hard off the line...and round the bends, he might be able to help you out.

mmahle
24th August 2009, 07:09 PM
Having a turbo in an Auto, would that be absurd?

Ice
25th August 2009, 12:27 AM

depends on the gear box and what your after..... but itll be more effective than all the other things suggested....well the most cost effective one.

Clarky, just sell up and buy a diesel :D

mania
25th August 2009, 01:24 AM
Fit a bigger transmission cooler, you'll be right :p

lithium
25th August 2009, 10:21 AM
depends on the gear box and what your after..... but itll be more effective than all the other things suggested....well the most cost effective one.

Clarky, just sell up and buy a diesel :D

cost effective? :eek: do you have any idea how much a custom turbo setup would cost?

tomburke7
25th August 2009, 08:51 PM
well, truth be told unless you do something very extreme ($$$$), our cars are never going to be very fast in a straight line.

I agree, the non-turbo Astras strength is not in a straight line. Handling is where the fun can be had, and you can transform the Astra into something spectacular.

ChrisMaz
25th August 2009, 09:00 PM
I agree, the non-turbo Astras strength is not in a straight line. Handling is where the fun can be had, and you can transform the Astra into something spectacular.

+10000 to that.

After the W.A cruise around the twists and turns of the hills the 1.8 really shone. Had Cunnies 1.8 on my ass the whole time until we go to the straights and he got restricted to $2.00

CNBLU
26th August 2009, 12:00 AM

Joe whos a member on here has an auto 1.8 turbo

ROCCO
26th August 2009, 12:21 AM
@ Lithium....wanting to fit a new cat...just don't want to fork out $500 for a genuine holden one

lithium
26th August 2009, 10:31 AM
have you tried talking to an exhaust shop? high flow cats come in at less than $500
i'm not sure if you really have much choice though because the 1.8 cat is stuck to the exhaust manifold...

Nurb608
26th August 2009, 01:35 PM
have you tried talking to an exhaust shop? high flow cats come in at less than $500
i'm not sure if you really have much choice though because the 1.8 cat is stuck to the exhaust manifold...

Cut it off and run a pipe :D

ROCCO
26th August 2009, 01:35 PM

My Point exactly...another stupid design by the team at opel

lithium
26th August 2009, 02:29 PM
My Point exactly...another stupid design by the team at opel

what, you mean having the clutch slave cylinder in the gearbox is not a good design?
and having all four ignition coils attached together in one unit isn't a good idea?
and coating cam sensor wires in budget insulation that crumbles off in a few years isn't the way to go?
and making gear linkages bushes out of plastic might not be the best thing for longevity?
and mounting the ECU on the engine just might make it fail prematurely?
and having a torx shaped sump plug isn't better than a plain old nut?
and having the timing belt under constant tension might just result in reduced change intervals from 100k to 60k?
and making the EGR valve electronically controlled and mounted with airways running through the block might just cause it to carbon up and jam open?
and installing the wiring loom in a plastic shaft right on top of the injectors doesn't make it really easy to maintain the injection/intake system?
;)

i think the cat is on the manifold to reduce startup emissions to comply with one of the Euro-XX low emissions rules...quite a few cars have them now

Nurb608
26th August 2009, 02:45 PM
i think the cat is on the manifold to reduce startup emissions to comply with one of the Euro-XX low emissions rules...quite a few cars have them now

Correct, and in the UK, only needed up until registration, then you can take them off, go figure!

If you can, get rid of that cat to give yourself a better flow.

edit: and lol to your lovely list :D

Clarky__SRi
26th August 2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the help guys, will defo be looking into it! Been thinkin about the Dbilas convert (Turbo, Manifold, Intercooler, Air intake etc..) but right now the funds arent looking the best, plus getting pulled for speeding on sunday arvo didnt help :@!!

BTW its a Double-Din Facia Mate,
ps heard someone mention automatic....Mines a manny!
Heard rear sway bars are best mod, just not sure on hat to get or where from lol Would it matter if i put coilovers on then did the sway bar? Or would the sway bar and standard be ok???

Cheers Guys!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loving that Nurburgring Astra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisMaz
26th August 2009, 06:10 PM
Check out whiteline rear sway bars. Pretty positive they make them for the Astra H

Nurb608
26th August 2009, 06:13 PM
Check out whiteline rear sway bars. Pretty positive they make them for the Astra H

Yeah, they do, exact same as the astra g! Totally transforms the car. Doesn't matter which way you do it, springs first or bar first, but if your stuck for cash, the bars alot cheaper :)