PDA

View Full Version : Irmsher bits v eibach website springs

jastra
19th August 2009, 06:18 PM
Looking for springs for the astra which led me to ask why eibach springs on irmsher bits are nearly double the price compared to the eibach website. Unless i found a dodgy fake eibach site with inferior springs but if not i no what ill choose :p cheers

Milo
19th August 2009, 06:25 PM
which springs are you talking about?
AH springs on irmsher bitz are $399 and on eibachs aussie store are $660+GST+Del

BEK-46P
19th August 2009, 06:49 PM
Don't buy them from Eibach direct. From experience, they overcharge and their customer service is shit.

Get them from Dave @ Irmscher-BiTz. Cheaper, faster delivery and A+ communication.

jastra
19th August 2009, 08:19 PM
Here it has retail price $605 then our price $250.

http://www.eibach.ashop.com.au/p/523996/pro-kit.html

Nurb608
19th August 2009, 08:21 PM

Thats the Astra G, and no, it's not the same!

sooty
19th August 2009, 08:22 PM

only for the G, you have to ring them for the H, and they'll charge you $605, Kimi did it the other day. Irmy bitz is your cheapest option :thumbs:

ChrisMaz
19th August 2009, 08:23 PM
I never even thought about contacting Irmy for my Eibachs :rolleyes:

Contact GSL rally and see what greg can get them for as well.

As long as you get some mate. You won't be disappointed. :cornut:

Nurb608
19th August 2009, 08:26 PM
Did you get yours in Chris? Sorry, being lazy :p

kabel
19th August 2009, 08:35 PM
Also contact W.A Supensions in Osborne Park.

ChrisMaz
19th August 2009, 08:36 PM
Did you get yours in Chris? Sorry, being lazy :p

Yeah mate today. Can't stress how much of a difference its made. Turning that circle wheel actually makes the car go in a different direction now. :p

Hackstra
19th August 2009, 09:43 PM
I went thru Greg at GSL Rally Sport he gave me a deal, any place that gives you a deal he can usually match, people with the G's are lucky due to the cheap Eibach store price though.

gmonkey
20th August 2009, 01:00 AM
or use ebay :p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-H-MK5-SPRINGS-1-4-1-6-1-8-EIBACH-SPORTLINE-KIT_W0QQitemZ230352680355QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item35a216f5a3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Shay
20th August 2009, 01:51 AM
eibach oz shop is clearencing some of theres,
i got the last set in aus for 275.
the reason IB is still a lot more is that they are located in the UK where they are not clearance items

jastra
20th August 2009, 09:41 AM
What would you all reccomend? Prokit or sportline?

alts
20th August 2009, 10:02 AM
Prokit will look lower at the rear, if your into that, not by much though, and you can probably go over speedbumps faster than with the sportlines. Its up to you, what you want.

I'm getting sportlines on mine. :cornut:

sooty
20th August 2009, 10:10 AM
Prokit will look lower at the rear, if your into that, not by much though, and you can probably go over speedbumps faster than with the sportlines. Its up to you, what you want.

I'm getting sportlines on mine. :cornut:

:confused: They both have the exact same rear drop at 30mm....
Only difference is sportline supposedly drops the front 50mm, whereas pro-kit drops the front 30mm. Pro-kit are the better all around spring with better spring rates for handling etc, sportline will just give you that slightly nose down, boy racer look.

alts
20th August 2009, 10:17 AM
:confused: They both have the exact same rear drop at 30mm....
Only difference is sportline supposedly drops the front 50mm, whereas pro-kit drops the front 30mm. Pro-kit are the better all around spring with better spring rates for handling etc, sportline will just give you that slightly nose down, boy racer look.

My bad I got my springs mixed up... :blush:
*walks away*

jastra
20th August 2009, 04:21 PM
With the prokit wil it stil b above legal height and how much roughly would it affect insurance?

rodsfromday
20th August 2009, 05:18 PM
With the prokit wil it stil b above legal height and how much roughly would it affect insurance?
Forgive the ignorance, but was not aware lowering your car suspension affected your insurance and you needed a 'legal' limit.I would imagine you not going to go to ur insurance and tell them that ur car is lowered? So would that only come into effect once you have an accident or what?

Nurb608
20th August 2009, 05:21 PM
I'd tell your insurance, depending which company your with will depend if there is a further cost. If you don't tell them, they may/will void any insurance claim.

With the 30mm drop, you should still be right legally, it's not a ridiculous drop so shouldn't draw much attention.

rodsfromday
20th August 2009, 05:51 PM
I'd tell your insurance, depending which company your with will depend if there is a further cost. If you don't tell them, they may/will void any insurance claim.

With the 30mm drop, you should still be right legally, it's not a ridiculous drop so shouldn't draw much attention.
:yikes: better keep that in mind! Thanx for that!

mmahle
20th August 2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah, you need to tell your insurance company. It's not the fact that springs will cause accidents, but it's an actual MODIFICATION. HEAPS of Insurance companys see modfications as risk, more modifications, more risk to dragging, speeding ect. I know it doesn't have anything to affect the speed of the car, but Insurance companys just generally make an assumption.
Reason why say, Suburu WRX Car's Insurances are way more expensive in Insurance then an Holden Astra, is because people in Suburu WRX's have more accidents = more risk then say the average person who drives as Holden Astra.

ChrisMaz
20th August 2009, 07:47 PM
Didn't know that insurance had to be notified about springs....

If thats the case, would they have to be notified regarding new brake discs and calipers?

Nurb608
20th August 2009, 07:51 PM
Didn't know that insurance had to be notified about springs....

If thats the case, would they have to be notified regarding new brake discs and calipers?

Not usually, unless you want it listed. If it's not listed and they are damaged somehow in an accident or for theft, you will only get stock replacements. Always best to talk to your insurer though, they are usually reasonable, well shannons is anyway.

ChrisMaz
20th August 2009, 07:52 PM
Not usually, unless you want it listed. If it's not listed and they are damaged somehow in an accident or for theft, you will only get stock replacements. Always best to talk to your insurer though, they are usually reasonable, well shannons is anyway.

Yeah good point. I'll contact them tomorrow. SGIO has been really good since I've been with them.

eslostdevil
20th August 2009, 10:08 PM
I ordered AH pro-kit (418aud including DHL postage) from Irm-bitz last week. Dave is nice,and he told me that it will be delivered soon~ Im so looking forwarddddd. lol:D And yea, i have to talk to AAMI before I put them on my car:( Hopefully they wont say "no" to me~lol

Shay
21st August 2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah good point. I'll contact them tomorrow. SGIO has been really good since I've been with them.

Pretty sure sgio said they wouldnt insure me because of the springs...