PDA

View Full Version : Quick question regarding muffler

R3N
16th September 2004, 01:01 AM
I will be getting my muffler installed this Friday, 1 thing I'm not quite sure about are resonators... did those of you who had your zorsts done get this taken off? If no, was there much of a sound difference from the muffler? I'm not looking at it being overly loud, I just want a low bassy note on idle thats audible but still easy on the ears... and I'm wondering how much of a sound difference would it be if it got taken off?

Mitch
16th September 2004, 01:07 AM
If you just change the muffler then you will hardly get an increase in sound. It would be best to talk with the exhaust shop where you're getting it done and tell them what you want and they should be able to help you out. I have a 2 inch from the cat back with a hot dog and a cannon style muffler, it's 86db @ 3600rpm to be exact. It's quite loud, but that's how I like it.

wishbone
16th September 2004, 07:13 AM
mines same as mitches.. but mine goes 90db at 5000 rpm
same as mitches being... hotdog replaced the resonator and cannon exhaust with 2 inch piping.
umm... yea 90 db is the legal limit.. mine doesn't seem to sound too loud though?
hehe
i dunno
umm the resonators are quite big on the astra so im told.. it covers half the body of the astra.. just look under your car and you can see it..

Jass
16th September 2004, 08:46 AM
Mine is 90db also at 3,500 rpm :)

Help if you done have a huge tip on the exhaust cops dont seem to bother you that much :)