PDA

View Full Version : Holden dealer nightmare

BEK-46P
18th August 2009, 05:39 PM
Finally bit the bullet today and booked my a/m headlight to get repaired at Suttons Chullora (the parkers weren't working). These are the events that followed after I paid $210 and picked it up 5 hours later:

- I noticed the lights were left on as it was parked on the premises.
- Seemed like all the parkers were working
- Took it home and as it got darker, noticed that there was one parker in each headlight that wasn't working. I thought they probably popped out of place. No big deal, I can do that myself.
- Proceeded to remove the headlights and noticed that not only were the parkers not in their holes and that there wasn't even a globe in but the main beam housing on the passenger headlight was completely broken (it was literally shaking). I am like WTF???
- In addition to that, the foam bits that sit behind the bumper weren't even replaced, they're probably still sitting in their workshop.

I called them up but the guy has yet to return my call. Anything I should be aware of before I take it further? Needless to say I am completely pissed off right now.

PO15KA
18th August 2009, 06:26 PM
most important is not to loose your cool when you call them back or take the car back there tomorrow...

good luck

NEMO
18th August 2009, 06:38 PM
take a shotgun...

NEMO
18th August 2009, 06:39 PM
I have had so many issues with that dealer...

BEK-46P
18th August 2009, 06:40 PM
I have had so many issues with that dealer...

Like what hubs?

HoldenAstra
18th August 2009, 09:12 PM
no only the dealers.

everytime after someone else touched my car, there's a problem left to me.

1,someone did not connect my rear driver side light, that's dangerous!
2,Obrien did not connect the water pipe of the windscreen washer.

I do not know why people do not do their job right these days?????

I will worry about whatever next time!
where and who to go next time!

wish you good luck with your headlight.

Snotty
18th August 2009, 09:36 PM
take it to homebush

ChrisMaz
18th August 2009, 09:48 PM
2,Obrien did not connect the water pipe of the windscreen washer.

I do not know why people do not do their job right these days?????

Shit I forgot to check whether obrian fitted mine correctly today....

BEK-46P
18th August 2009, 09:51 PM
My concern is that they may deny responsibility.

Then again, assuming they accept responsibility, I doubt they will be able to replace the headlight, as it is a/m angeleyes. What happens in this case?

HoldenAstra
18th August 2009, 09:55 PM
take it to homebush

my battery was replaced there, simple job, all good.

live very close to suttons holden.bought my windscreen there.

USC
18th August 2009, 09:57 PM
mate...dealers like that make me feel sick. I have had huge issues with Courtney & Patterson Ford & Honda Panel shop in Heidelberg - they are the most dodgy place I have ever seen and everytime they touch your car, they break shit, then say you are being too fussy. WTF!! On a brand new car as well!
People like that piss me off majorly. Makes me feel like punching the s*** out of their lying faces.

Sorry to steal your thread - I suggest you dont take your car back there mate - from experience, they will only make it worst. Go see them, tell them how shit they are and fix yourself.

You will do a far better job - explain your situation to parts department and they may give you trade price and install the parts needed yourself.

ps: sorry just read they were A/M headlights - show them your receipt and ask them to pay you back.

HoldenAstra
18th August 2009, 09:57 PM
My concern is that they may deny responsibility.

Then again, assuming they accept responsibility, I doubt they will be able to replace the headlight, as it is a/m angeleyes. What happens in this case?

they will deny coz you've already left and ...

oh dear, the angeleye, what a pity! must be heart borken!

damn people!

BEK-46P
18th August 2009, 10:20 PM
they will deny coz you've already left and ...

oh dear, the angeleye, what a pity! must be heart borken!

damn people!

If they deny, there will be hell to pay :mad3:

Ice
18th August 2009, 10:34 PM
Well as Polka said, keep your cool otherwise they will turn you away. think this through and have an answer for all their questions....better yet describe what happened so they simply have no comeback and have to accept responsibility. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR COOL ! because im pretty sure you will get frustrated further speaking to the guys in the workshop. then you might have to go speak to the dealer principle. as long as your level headed and patient it will work out.

mmahle
18th August 2009, 10:35 PM
Never trust Holden with a European car.. lol :P

PS. Seriously go to the TIO or Consumer Rights Group. I've heard alot of dealer problems been sorted through these channels..

hazrd
18th August 2009, 11:22 PM
TIO wont do much... it depends on the size of the case.. they have helped me out with a few things but only small

not to sound like a broken record... but follow what everyone has said about keeping ur cool.. i can say first hand that when i deal with an arrogant customer at work, i really milk them and take my time just to inconvenience them on pure principal that its not my fault they took a damn grumpy pill, sure theyre pissed at the company, but its not ME that was at fault lol

attack it friendly, and if u have to take it further, still keep ur cool, and u may just get lucky..

BEK-46P
18th August 2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the advice boys. Nah, I'm a pretty cool customer and the guy that booked it in is OK.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm still concerned about how they will rectify this since they damaged an aftermarket product which is probably not available in Oz. The main beam housing is now broken and basically beyond repair, and I'm assuming the adjustment motor has been rendered useless.

So will they (a) try to locate a suitable replacement (b) try to cajole me into accepting OEM headlight (I will refuse) or (c) just compensate me with cash

GreyRex
19th August 2009, 10:24 AM
never trust holden with a european car.. Lol :p

+1

sadavidsriturbo
19th August 2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the advice boys. Nah, I'm a pretty cool customer and the guy that booked it in is OK.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm still concerned about how they will rectify this since they damaged an aftermarket product which is probably not available in Oz. The main beam housing is now broken and basically beyond repair, and I'm assuming the adjustment motor has been rendered useless.

So will they (a) try to locate a suitable replacement (b) try to cajole me into accepting OEM headlight (I will refuse) or (c) just compensate me with cash

If they are anything like metros port rd probably none of the above i got my car back with a screw in the tyre no battery and a broomstick holding up my engine :mad:

JohnBu
19th August 2009, 11:51 AM
if you're going to install aftermarket headlights, you're much better off going to an auto electrician who has worked on euro cars before.

Keep'emRunning
19th August 2009, 12:15 PM
+1..

Why did you take it to holden.. you really think they employ qualified auto electricians?

If you get a refund or reimbursement, or any form of positive outcome, buy a lottery ticket as it will be the luckiest day you'll ever have :)

JR
19th August 2009, 12:27 PM
they did it on purpose mate - they probably did some dodgy work fixing the parkers, and in the process, damaged the headlight housing.
but since u have an aftermarket headlights - they gonna milk that fact n not take any responsibility!!
sorry to say this. but unless u have pics of "before" and "after", ur not gonna have much of a chance the dealer showing sympathy.

holden know jackshit about the astras. wat chance would they have on aftermarket components, expecially something like angel-eyes!!
i've tinkered with the insides of my angel-eyes, n i know how delicate, tight n frustrating it is in there!! i wouldn't trust anyone else to work on it.

anywayz, hope u find some good news. fingers crossed mate.

Wraith
19th August 2009, 12:45 PM
Yet another GMH service horror story - way too common and no wonder GMH's reputation is down the toilet these days with after sales service and support...

I can only repeat what I always say to people regarding this - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !!!!!!!

Don't use GMH service depts. and any other registered mechanical/service place will still keep your warranty intact !

The other thing to watch out for BEK-46P is the odometer reading on your car, (TAKE NOTE OF IT AND INFORM THEM YOU'VE DONE SO) as you can almost bet your testicles that some young apprentice or other desrespectful service technician/grease monkey would've taken your car for a good 'round the block' thrashing on top of totally f#*#*#g up what you wanted done to it in the 1st place...:mad:

hazrd
19th August 2009, 01:29 PM
The other thing to watch out for BEK-46P is the odometer reading on your car, (TAKE NOTE OF IT AND INFORM THEM YOU'VE DONE SO) as you can almost bet your testicles that some young apprentice or other desrespectful service technician/grease monkey would've taken your car for a good 'round the block' thrashing on top of totally f#*#*#g up what you wanted done to it in the 1st place...:mad:

oh dear... am i sensing a past experience here Ange? :eek:

TheOperator
19th August 2009, 01:37 PM
Yet another GMH service horror story - way too common and no wonder GMH's reputation is down the toilet these days with after sales service and support...

I can only repeat what I always say to people regarding this - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE !!!!!!!

Don't use GMH service depts. and any other registered mechanical/service place will still keep your warranty intact !

Wraith your so dead right!

My one and only Holden Service (car doesn't have 15k yet) was a shocker, and keep in mind i work far up the tree from the dealerships we own.

I told the Service Manager who i wanted working on my car as i knew he was the only technician in our group of companies who other technicians even say is good.

Get car back from 3K service, drivers door trim has big chip in it from a screw driver slip, paint inside door scratched, drivers door seam chipped and grease mark on leather :mad: I also routinely reset trip meter so i know if it has been test driven, 30K extra than should be :mad:

Asked who worked on it, told it was who i asked for and i tell them they are full of shit. Check the system for myself (as i am the IT Manager for our entire group of companies) and see the 1st Year apprentice worked on it and obviously damaged it and then took it for a thrashing!

Service Manager then has the hide to tell me to stop being so "Fussy" at which point it took all my patience not to one punch KO him.

Got my revenge next day when i made the GM fire his ass :D

USC
19th August 2009, 01:40 PM
keeping your cool does not always work mate - depending on who you are dealing with, some people perceive you as being weak if you are not firm enough. I have tried keeping cool on occasions where some workshop had damaged my car and they did nothing but cause more damage. ended up cracking it.

some people are just plain stubborn and stupid.

BEK-46P
19th August 2009, 01:53 PM
UPDATE

I returned the car this morning to the dealer. Not surprisingly, he denied responsibility, claiming that a break like that was impossible to make! I said clearly it's very possible as it fcking broken! They basically treated me like a dickhead telling me they didn't do it and if they could compensate me by offering me 6 months worth of free car washes! I said no thanks, I'm not interested in getting my car scratched. He then went and spoke to the controller and said they'd be willing to "plastic weld" the broken bit back to the main housing. At that point, it was as good an offer as anything so I agreed to have it done this afternoon.

UPDATE

He just called saying he can't do it today, it will tomorrow.

My blood is boiling and I am ready to call back and demand a refund and a cheque for a replacement headlight.

Brazza
19th August 2009, 02:10 PM
spewin mate!

6 months free car washes, what a joke! They might as well just say yeah, we are at fault but you can't prove anything so get f***ed.

I seriously doubt that demanding anything from them is gonna get you very far but I hope you can find a way to make them accountable for their f*** up cos that is unacceptable.

tomtom
19th August 2009, 02:11 PM
i wonder if they treat astras with OPEL badges on them differently...

HoldenAstra
19th August 2009, 02:16 PM
plastic weld?
even after that, do you still want your headlight, the angeleye???there's a pain already.

go fire them!

and do not leave your car to them no more, they will make other things worse!!!

kirssn
19th August 2009, 03:34 PM
without meaning to hijack your thread, it's interesting to note how everyone is so negative about holden working on their cars.

my astra is looked after by a holden dealership. have never had any dramas whatsoever with getting things fixed right the first time and even odd and unusual things that have popped up.

I also know of quite a few other astra owners who travel from newcastle and the central coast down to sydney to a holden trained mechanic who is the only person they allow to work on their opels.

just my opinion but anyways.... i'm very happy with my holden mechanic

BEK-46P
19th August 2009, 03:42 PM
UPDATE #2

I spoke to the owner of Suttons Chullora, a fella named Garth. He was fairly sympathetic to my dilemma, completely looking at this from my perspective, and justly so. He told me he had laid into the workshop for their incompetenece (or maybe it was said just for effect, who knows?) and he's demanding no-one leaves work today without repairing the headlight.

Looks like there is a light at the end of the frightening tunnel.

JR
19th August 2009, 03:45 PM
UPDATE #2

I spoke to the owner of Suttons Chullora, a fella named Garth. He was fairly sympathetic to my dilemma, completely looking at this from my perspective, and justly so. He told me he had laid into the workshop for their incompetenece (or maybe it was said just for effect, who knows?) and he's demanding no-one leaves work today without repairing the headlight.

woOot :clap:

Wraith
19th August 2009, 04:34 PM
without meaning to hijack your thread, it's interesting to note how everyone is so negative about holden working on their cars.

my astra is looked after by a holden dealership. have never had any dramas whatsoever with getting things fixed right the first time and even odd and unusual things that have popped up.

I also know of quite a few other astra owners who travel from newcastle and the central coast down to sydney to a holden trained mechanic who is the only person they allow to work on their opels.

just my opinion but anyways.... i'm very happy with my holden mechanic

Ok 2 scenarios here...in your case, your just lucky ;)

1st. if your a person who knows something about cars (I think you fit into this category) and happen to find or be happy with a particular GMH service centre, believe me you are one of a very small group in the o/a GMH owners community...

2nd. if your a person who knows sweet FA about cars or don't care about anything and getting your car serviced is a mandatory routine requirement, then all of this sort of thing would/will never bother you anyway, you just rock up, get it serviced, pay your money and off you go...

I've only ever got one of my vehicles serviced by GMH (my ex HSV R8) but only the 1st service, after that I took care of it myself...

I've been in and out of GMH service centres for many other reasons, too many to cover right now, but I can tell you that some of the information passed over to me by their 'top people' was so eroneous and sometimes totally ridiculous that I can't believe how incompetent they are and that they actually get away with it :confused:

The other fact to keep in mind is that all their parts will cost alot more than sourcing them elsewhere (eg. Autovaux form O/S and even local Repco outlets are sometimes cheaper on the same parts) so even if your getting a 'competent' job done, your getting ripped on parts and labour, especially the parts !

Wraith
19th August 2009, 04:39 PM
UPDATE #2

Good news...

Now hopefully it gets fixed without them f#*#*#g up something else !

BTW as I mentioned in my 1st post here, did you check your odometer and alert them that you have done so ???

It's more than a common happening for them to take 'performance' models for a good thrashing, everybody knows this...so play it smart and take the simple measures to prevent them doing so :)

BEK-46P
19th August 2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Wraith, but I think they achieved their boners this time by destroying the headlight, rather than taking it for a Ferris Bueller joyride.

But hey, there's always next service!

Wraith
19th August 2009, 04:47 PM
oh dear... am i sensing a past experience here Ange? :eek:

No Adam - never happened to me, but have heard/read/seen it and it's even been in papers when the bastards have actually smashed/damaged a customers car on their 'thrashing run' :mad:

I've even seen so called 'test runs' after services been performed and didn't know burnouts and speeding way over the limit was part of the post service test excercise, bloody obvious what they're up to and this sort of thing is not confined to GMH either, as expressed on other forums it happens across the board :rolleyes:

Wraith
19th August 2009, 04:56 PM
Wraith your so dead right!

My one and only Holden Service (car doesn't have 15k yet) was a shocker, and keep in mind i work far up the tree from the dealerships we own.

I told the Service Manager who i wanted working on my car as i knew he was the only technician in our group of companies who other technicians even say is good.

Get car back from 3K service, drivers door trim has big chip in it from a screw driver slip, paint inside door scratched, drivers door seam chipped and grease mark on leather :mad: I also routinely reset trip meter so i know if it has been test driven, 30K extra than should be :mad:

Asked who worked on it, told it was who i asked for and i tell them they are full of shit. Check the system for myself (as i am the IT Manager for our entire group of companies) and see the 1st Year apprentice worked on it and obviously damaged it and then took it for a thrashing!

Service Manager then has the hide to tell me to stop being so "Fussy" at which point it took all my patience not to one punch KO him.

Got my revenge next day when i made the GM fire his ass :D

I hear you Operator, this kind of thing is just all too common...unfortunately

I'm thrilled to hear the outcome of your situation above :clap:

At the end of the day it's just all common courtesy and respect of others peoples property the same as they'd want for their own property, meaning a car is usually the 2nd most expensive outlay a common person will make, including these people in question, with that in mind how can they do or condone the above behaviour and practices...

USC
19th August 2009, 05:48 PM
This is making my blood boil as similar things has happened to me in the past and they only made the car worst. I ended up getting things fixed at a different panel shop and replaced broken trims myself.

There seems to be no way to prove that those idiots break shit unless you check your car thoroughly before picking it up. Even when you see something, they deny it.

Workers in the car industry are adopting a sickening attitude in australia (in melbourne anyway)..low life wankers. They should be burnt alive.

PS: Can you possibly get your insurance involved? I ve noticed that when insurance is looking after you, they tend to fix everything as they dont want to get into more trouble. But as an individual, it`s hard to fight them.

sooty
19th August 2009, 06:00 PM
As much as i too am usually displeased with Holden's service, and a majority of the workers seem senseless, occasionally they do have the integrity to admit their mistakes like when they informed me of the damage they'd done to my wheel. Yes, they shouldn't have damaged it in the first place, but...accidents do happen (seemingly more often at Holden), and at least they told me. I checked over the car before i was about to leave, but i hadn't noticed it as tbh i'd checked all the panel work, and not my wheels.
So although they're seemingly careless, and i was fuming at the time. At least they told me. They could have allowed me to drive off, then denied any knowledge when i got around to washing the wheel and confronted them about it.
So yes, their seeming level of skill isn't as high as what we'd like, and they're shameless in their attempts to make a profit, but it is possible that some of them still have a decent level of integrity. The least we can ask for i guess

kirssn
19th August 2009, 06:34 PM
Ok 2 scenarios here...in your case, your just lucky ;)

1st. if your a person who knows something about cars (I think you fit into this category) and happen to find or be happy with a particular GMH service centre, believe me you are one of a very small group in the o/a GMH owners community...

2nd. if your a person who knows sweet FA about cars or don't care about anything and getting your car serviced is a mandatory routine requirement, then all of this sort of thing would/will never bother you anyway, you just rock up, get it serviced, pay your money and off you go...

I've only ever got one of my vehicles serviced by GMH (my ex HSV R8) but only the 1st service, after that I took care of it myself...

I've been in and out of GMH service centres for many other reasons, too many to cover right now, but I can tell you that some of the information passed over to me by their 'top people' was so eroneous and sometimes totally ridiculous that I can't believe how incompetent they are and that they actually get away with it :confused:

The other fact to keep in mind is that all their parts will cost alot more than sourcing them elsewhere (eg. Autovaux form O/S and even local Repco outlets are sometimes cheaper on the same parts) so even if your getting a 'competent' job done, your getting ripped on parts and labour, especially the parts !

assumptions assumptions :) ;)

no. 1 - i am definitely a car person. I am one of 5 promoters of the Liqui Moly Custom Auto Expo - better known as MotorEx, I work for a very well known specialist motor insurer who doesn't employ people who aren't first and foremost motoring enthusiasts, i also, with my partner own a vn ss commodore that has too many mods to list but can happily say that we hold a horsepower hero's title from summernats, along with a vy commodore that in the past 12 months too has undergone a complete rebuild incl of 6.0l engine conversion, my astra is simple and to my taste though not to that of many others and we also have two cars that we have as our daily drivers - all 5 cars are modified in their own way and done by us not by anyone else.

no. 2 - i don't get ripped off by purchasing genuine parts through holden - I can guarantee you on that. i don't believe i have ever paid retail on any parts on my car... come to think of it... i have sri-t headlights and tail lights that cost me a thank you very much to a certain holden dealership - my major service cost me less than $100... I believe I am a very lucky person.

no. 3 - there are people on this forum that have gone to the dealership I use and have specifically asked for my mechanic to work on their cars - i have only ever seen praise and thanks from these people after they have gotten their cars back.... so i guess he must be a good mechanic...

no. 4 - it's amazing that people assume ALL holden mechanics know nothing about euro cars....

and no wraith.. no stabs at you... because I am going to assume you know a little bit more about my situation than most
;) ;) ;)

gman
19th August 2009, 06:36 PM
Incompetence is all too common these days with GM Service!! When you pick up a car from them or any dealer service centre I NEVER leave the premises until the car has been checked over WITH a senior someone present to make sure that everything is OK.

Wait until you are about to drive away in a car with no oil, no dipstick, no oil cap and the sump plug about to fall out!!!!

GM Service: Yes, Sir, your car is ready to drive away Sir.

Me: Um yeah ok?! So why is there oil leaking on the ground under my car and why is the dipstick and oil cap sitting at the bottom of the windscreen!!

Imagine if I'd have driven away...

You must have done it, we wouldn't have!!

USC
19th August 2009, 07:24 PM
Incompetence is all too common these days with GM Service!! When you pick up a car from them or any dealer service centre I NEVER leave the premises until the car has been checked over WITH a senior someone present to make sure that everything is OK.

Wait until you are about to drive away in a car with no oil, no dipstick, no oil cap and the sump plug about to fall out!!!!

GM Service: Yes, Sir, your car is ready to drive away Sir.

Me: Um yeah ok?! So why is there oil leaking on the ground under my car and why is the dipstick and oil cap sitting at the bottom of the windscreen!!

Imagine if I'd have driven away...

You must have done it, we wouldn't have!!

HAHA...thats funny! its not just some Holden dealerships.. Ford dealerships are the same!!!!! Also had issues with Nissan dealer in the past where tinters had scratched practically all my windows and damaged trims inside while doing a tint job on a new car.

On the other hand, never had any trouble with Mazda and Toyota dealers.

Nurb608
19th August 2009, 07:32 PM

no. 1 - i am definitely a car person. I am one of 5 promoters of the Liqui Moly Custom Auto Expo - better known as MotorEx, I work for a very well known specialist motor insurer who doesn't employ people who aren't first and foremost motoring enthusiasts, i also, with my partner own a vn ss commodore that has too many mods to list but can happily say that we hold a horsepower hero's title from summernats, along with a vy commodore that in the past 12 months too has undergone a complete rebuild incl of 6.0l engine conversion, my astra is simple and to my taste though not to that of many others and we also have two cars that we have as our daily drivers - all 5 cars are modified in their own way and done by us not by anyone else.

no. 2 - i don't get ripped off by purchasing genuine parts through holden - I can guarantee you on that. i don't believe i have ever paid retail on any parts on my car... come to think of it... i have sri-t headlights and tail lights that cost me a thank you very much to a certain holden dealership - my major service cost me less than $100... I believe I am a very lucky person.

no. 3 - there are people on this forum that have gone to the dealership I use and have specifically asked for my mechanic to work on their cars - i have only ever seen praise and thanks from these people after they have gotten their cars back.... so i guess he must be a good mechanic...

no. 4 - it's amazing that people assume ALL holden mechanics know nothing about euro cars....

and no wraith.. no stabs at you... because I am going to assume you know a little bit more about my situation than most
;) ;) ;)

I dont think we are saying every mechanic at holden, obviously there are going to be a few good ones, law of averages!

Considering your background also, do you think that they would try to get away with anything? I doubt it, seems they treat you like a V.I.P., which is not a bad thing, they just know if they screw you over, you have a broad range of possible clientell that you could spread the word to about bad service.

BEK-46P
19th August 2009, 07:36 PM
What I learned from this thread so far: when it comes to servicing your vehicle, the majority of dealers are incompetent, unprofessional and hardly worth the cost.

Solution? I think NEMO said it best when he said very early in this thread: take a shotgun when collecting your vehicle

Nurb608
19th August 2009, 07:39 PM
What I learned from this thread so far: when it comes to servicing your vehicle, the majority of dealers are incompetent, unprofessional and hardly worth the cost.

Solution? I think NEMO said it best when he said very early in this thread: take a shotgun when collecting your vehicle

Best advice, find a mechanic that knows what they are doing, take pride in their work and is an "open book".

Or do it yourself if you can.

So whats the final outcome?

kirssn
19th August 2009, 07:48 PM
I dont think we are saying every mechanic at holden, obviously there are going to be a few good ones, law of averages!

Considering your background also, do you think that they would try to get away with anything? I doubt it, seems they treat you like a V.I.P., which is not a bad thing, they just know if they screw you over, you have a broad range of possible clientell that you could spread the word to about bad service.

i dont recall reading anything positive about a holden dealership anytime recently which is why i wrote what i did

and.....i can assure you that this dealership thinks i'm just a dumb blonde......:)

Nurb608
19th August 2009, 07:57 PM
i dont recall reading anything positive about a holden dealership anytime recently which is why i wrote what i did

and.....i can assure you that this dealership thinks i'm just a dumb blonde......:)

$100 for a major service and free lights??? Sorry, but something going on there.

Nothing against yourself, but you are the only person I know that gets that stuff from any mechanic, except for close mates

kirssn
19th August 2009, 08:00 PM
$100 for a major service and free lights??? Sorry, but something going on there.

Nothing against yourself, but you are the only person I know that gets that stuff from any mechanic, except for close mates

nothing dodgy if thats whats being implied.

everything is legit. :)

Nurb608
19th August 2009, 08:01 PM

lol, definately not implying anything dodgy, just not something that a normal customer would get, otherwise they would be out of business ;)

coyotte
19th August 2009, 08:06 PM
I had my turbo in for a service at South City Holden, Sth Melb (when they were still in business). THEY DIDN'T TIGHTEN THE OIL CAP !
I made it about 5km down the road before there was a hell of a mess to be cleaned up.

USC
19th August 2009, 09:26 PM

was that $100 + favours?:p

BEK-46P
19th August 2009, 09:41 PM
Best advice, find a mechanic that knows what they are doing, take pride in their work and is an "open book".

Or do it yourself if you can.

So whats the final outcome?

Well, technically, they finished the repair. But it turns out the "plastic weld"/glue or whatever the fck they used needs 8 hours to dry. Until then they can't refit the headlight and so they're leaving it overnight.

I just hope my car is still there in the morning!

Nurb608
19th August 2009, 09:43 PM
Well, technically, they finished the repair. But it turns out the "plastic weld"/glue or whatever the fck they used needs 8 hours to dry. Until then they can't refit the headlight and so they're leaving it overnight.

I'm sure you'll let us know ;)

Nothing worse than being without your car!

kirssn
19th August 2009, 10:35 PM
was that $100 + favours?:p
NOPE... hehehhe.... i am just a lucky girl!! hehehe

USC
19th August 2009, 10:51 PM

What type of plastic welding are they doing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_welding

dmrmgl
19th August 2009, 11:54 PM
sutton waitarra made my key slightly bent! fXXXing shit.!

ChrisMaz
20th August 2009, 12:01 AM
Surely it would be solvent welding?

BEK-46P
20th August 2009, 02:16 PM
UPDATE #3

Picked her up today, she seems fine on quick glance. Ks are the same, no scratches or kick dents anywhere in the body. The halos seem to work (it only took 3 days for a whole service department to get them working). Real test will be done tonight as the angeleyes aren't bright enough to be seen properly in daylight. My concern right now is that they didn't fck up the height adjustment motor when they broke the housing. I am too scarred at this point to remove the headlight to inspect the "plastic weld", maybe tomorrow when I'm calm and collected again.

HoldenAstra
20th August 2009, 02:32 PM
mate, make sure the housing is 100% sealed, otherwise, there will be a water problem.

good luck!

Wraith
20th August 2009, 05:13 PM

;) ;) ;)

All good then, just as I assumed, your one of the lucky ones ;)

With all of the above I totally understand why your a happy GMH customer service person and so too would be anyone you've taken under your wing to help in this regard - but for the majority of people out there it's a totally different story and as mentioned only those who don't know better or don't care less are unaffected...

Also I think we all understand that it's not 'all' but seemingly 'most' that either don't know nothing about Eiro cars (or any cars in general) or as I believe to be the case simply don't care about doing a good job on Joe Blows car day in day out, maybe if they know you personally they might do a good job for you - that's the really sad part in all of this...