PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 - ODST

poita
18th August 2009, 09:00 AM
Available 22nd September 2009 – Releasing exclusively for Xbox 360

You are a rookie in an elite fighting force to work alongside the last Spartan. You are an ODST, an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper. The UNSC’s ODST’s are sent in as a second line defense to stop the progressing force of the Covenant and the Flood.

Set before Halo 3 when the Chief lands back on Earth, the main objective of ODST is for the player to search through the ruins of New Mombasa and discover what happened to his missing teammates. As the player drops in the ODST pod, the Prophet of Regret's ship is seen jumping into slipspace (This happened during the events of Halo 2) After finding a piece of evidence left behind — a sniper rifle hanging on a lamppost, for example — a flashback is triggered and the player assumes the role of the missing soldier. After players find the first beacon, the choice of where to go next is up to the player. It will also include an option which, unlike other Halo games, will allow the player to play the campaign levels in any order they want to. Lead producer Curtis Creamer has stated that the campaign's length is similar to that of previous Halo games.

Brazza
18th August 2009, 09:26 AM
Intriguing game. I'm liking that they've taken the setting back to new mombasa cos I couldn't get enough of that place in halo 2... Shame it'll be wrecked but I reckon it'll still be a good setting.

I haven't really been following any games too closely recently so I've only seen a small bit of coverage on Halo 3 ODST but the multiplayer mode where you take on waves of covenant looks like heaps of fun.

oh and NO FLOOD FTW!

Calibrated
20th August 2009, 12:33 PM
i hate the flood. damn irritating