PDA

View Full Version : 4 Wheels with Tyres from UK to AU,How much will the delivery be?

HoldenAstra
13th August 2009, 02:35 PM
My stock tyres need to be replaced soon, so I am thinking about upgrading the wheels to 17"s which are good enough for me.

the ebay seller only does local pick up. Are there any couriers I can call to arranged the pickup and deliver to Australi? How much will it cost?

The wheels I'm looking for are used 17'' Astra SRi wheels or the 17'' TwinTop with tyres. If I can buy them in SYD at good price:)

Thank you!

rjastra
13th August 2009, 02:39 PM
My stock tyres need to be replaced soon, so I am thinking about upgrading the wheels to 17"s which are good enough for me.

the ebay seller only does local pick up. Are there any couriers I can call to arranged the pickup and deliver to Australi? How much will it cost?

The wheels I'm looking for are used 17'' Astra SRi wheels or the 17'' TwinTop with tyres. If I can buy them in SYD at good price:)

Thank you!

Alot.....

gman
13th August 2009, 02:43 PM
By air freight, lots and lots..

Try and get a sea freight company quote...Takes longer but costs a metric sh*tload less....

tomtom
13th August 2009, 02:49 PM
whats the price youre looking at WITHOUT the postage?

Like everyones said postage will be EPIC. Have a look at this price perhaps:

http://www.wheelking.com.au/Wheels/tabid/196/ctl/ViewItem/mid/649/item/121/Default.aspx

HoldenAstra
13th August 2009, 02:50 PM
By air freight, lots and lots..

Try and get a sea freight company quote...Takes longer but costs a metric sh*tload less....

yeah, i am OK with waiting. But i do not know which freight company?any suggestions?

thanks for reply!

gman
13th August 2009, 02:52 PM
yeah, i am OK with waiting. But i do not know which freight company?any suggestions?

thanks for reply!

Try www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk which is Fast lane Couriers...They might be able to organise sea freight. I have used them for air freight before as have others...

HoldenAstra
13th August 2009, 03:02 PM
Hi Tom, that's a bid on eBay UK so I have to consider the the cost of delivery.

the brand new SRi wheels on wheelking are far expensive.if i were thinking the new ones, i'd rather go http://www.nvu.com.au/products_show.php?page=8&cat=3 $1430 for a set with tyres. do no know the delivery cost though. what do you think? i've no ideas about tyres.

is there someone upgraded from 17' to 18' and wants to sell the 17'?:D

glider
13th August 2009, 03:07 PM
I'd go with the NVU ones, they're in aus so shipping wont be too bad, was trying to find that site to link it for you but noticed you had it in the post just before mine

tomtom
13th August 2009, 03:07 PM
wow wtf i ddi not know about that site.

$1430 WITH sportContact2's??

That doesnt make much sense considering the contis will cost you ~$300 per tyre already...

HoldenAstra
13th August 2009, 03:18 PM
thanks glider!

Tom, do not know if they are with sportContact2, but with CONTINENTAL anyway, not bad.

anyone knows about NVU?are they good.from NVU i think i am looking at $1600 delivered.

how about used ones?

Wraith
13th August 2009, 03:30 PM
Whether by sea or air freighting your looking at BIG $$$ to have a set of 4 wheels or even just the rims delivered from O/S to here !!! anything over 2kg in weight or 1.2m in length begins to attract high costs...

And then your going to get slugged with the usual import taxes upon collection, although I don't know if this will apply to a S/H O/S goods purchase ?? someone else can clarify on that one...

IMHO don't do it...unless the purchase is very very cheap to begin with...

Otherwise try to source the wheels locally - heaps of S/H stuff available here for cheap...save money and hassles...;)

glider
13th August 2009, 03:41 PM
Whether by sea or air freighting your looking at BIG $$$ to have a set of 4 wheels or even just the rims delivered from O/S to here !!! anything over 2kg in weight or 1.2m in length begins to attract high costs...

And then your going to get slugged with the usual import taxes upon collection, although I don't know if this will apply to a S/H O/S goods purchase ?? someone else can clarify on that one...

IMHO don't do it...unless the purchase is very very cheap to begin with...

Otherwise try to source the wheels locally - heaps of S/H stuff available here for cheap...save money and hassles...;)

anything over 1k, even gifts is taxed and that includes postage too I believe

HoldenAstra
13th August 2009, 03:42 PM
OK, I give up buying from eBay.

Thank you guy, very much!!!!!!!

Anyone selling their 17's, let me know, hahaha:D:D:D

Nurb608
13th August 2009, 03:43 PM
anything over 1k, even gifts is taxed and that includes postage too I believe

Yep, there is a tax on any item over $1,000AUD, then there is another tax on top of that that includes the purchase price, postage and the previous tax!

mania
13th August 2009, 03:47 PM
Yep, 5% of the value of the goods is added "customs duty". Then 10% GST is added to both the value of the goods, the 5% customs duty, and the shipping.

You can dodge it by shipping them separately though..

glider
13th August 2009, 04:28 PM
nah if you receieve 4 packages from the same place in a reasonable timeframe they'll add them up and charge for for all of them...

only way to get past it is to post 2 wheels to someone else

Nurb608
13th August 2009, 04:29 PM
Yep, 5% of the value of the goods is added "customs duty". Then 10% GST is added to both the value of the goods, the 5% customs duty, and the shipping.

You can dodge it by shipping them separately though..

Only if it's from a different sender, or to a seperate address, or not shipped at the same time ;)

Or your seller is nice :)

mania
13th August 2009, 04:56 PM
or not shipped at the same time ;)

Really? I assumed as long as they were on different assignments, customs would be too disorganised to notice. Looks like my neighbour will receive part of my next purchase :p

mr corsa
13th August 2009, 06:11 PM
wasting your time

gmonkey
14th August 2009, 03:03 AM
i pay just over 1300 AUD for a set of 4 18" VXR replicas with tyres landed.. shipping was only 180 pounds..

most places like fedex ud be looking at 600-700 AUD for shipping of wheels/tyres x 4. ive done bit of research over past few weeks trying to get wheels.. check ebay.de there is some good buys there (the euro is better to go against than the pound ;) )