PDA

View Full Version : Skaife is back

MatsHolden
10th August 2009, 05:10 PM
Mark Skaife has confirmed he will race with Greg Murphy in the enduros at Phillip Island and Bathurst for Sprint Gas Racing.

Skaife joins up again with former HRT team manager Jeff Grech; who is now manager at SGR; and former HRT engineer Mike Henry who is now engineering manager at SGR.

I think this is a very potent package and has the potential for success, especially with Skaife being able to focus purely on driving unlike his last years with HRT, having to worry about the business side of things as well. Can't wait for the enduros.
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/qrtl/?m=(200x150)CDA5(/content/images/hero_news_folders/august_2009/skaife_enduros1/files/28162/Skaife-enduros.jpg)O

bender
10th August 2009, 05:14 PM
oh hell yeah this makes watching bathurst even more fun because 1 he's driving again and 2 now i dont have to listen to his voice all day in the commentry :cornut:

xplosv57
10th August 2009, 05:28 PM
Always wanted to see Skaife and Murph drive together, will be interesting to see how they go, but as a lower placed team not sure if it'll have the pace of the big boys!!

Also depends if Skaife has learned how to launch in a manual yet..........

Schumi back in a Ferrari, Skaifey back in a Holden, it all just seems to fit!!!

MatsHolden
10th August 2009, 05:46 PM
but as a lower placed team not sure if it'll have the pace of the big boys!!

Forgetting that Murph with Tasman Motorsport (Sprint Gas Racing) finished 2nd in last years Bathurst 1000. :p

xplosv57
10th August 2009, 05:51 PM
Forgetting that Murph with Tasman Motorsport (Sprint Gas Racing) finished 2nd in last years Bathurst 1000. :p

Bathurst is always a hit and miss and most teams have a chance of winning with all the variables, but taking crashes and breakdowns out of it, doubt the SGR car will have the pace the HRT/888 cars have!!!

But will be good to see Skaifey drive again, but maybe they can give him an auto to drive!! :D

Vectracious
10th August 2009, 05:51 PM
Schumi back in a Ferrari, Skaifey back in a Holden, it all just seems to fit!!!

yeah maybe Skaife is the TGAus Stig as well!!! :p

[OPCSRi]
10th August 2009, 07:00 PM
9 Bathust titles between these to blokes. Could they be the dark horse to win Bathurst this year? I rekon so both know how to make a Holden go quick around Bathust.;)

mr corsa
11th August 2009, 07:22 PM
anyone would of seen this going to happen i say bring back jim richards

xplosv57
11th August 2009, 09:15 PM
+1 old jimmy can still throw a rig round a track, heck while were at it bring back the gtr too!

Vectracious
11th August 2009, 09:37 PM
+1 old jimmy can still throw a rig round a track, heck while were at it bring back the gtr too!

you arsehole.. :p

xplosv57
12th August 2009, 11:36 AM
'youre a pack of arseholes' is the term youre looking for...

Vectracious
13th August 2009, 08:05 AM
'youre a pack of arseholes' is the term youre looking for...

http://lh5.google.com/trakblue/RzPTDe3oi3I/AAAAAAAADRY/DCsV7_U_8jM/derrrr%5B3%5D.png

Derrrr, really?