PDA

View Full Version : 2010 astra being thrashed

gmonkey
9th August 2009, 02:10 AM
This guy drives it pretty damn hard around a curvy track, beats a golf.

On occasions sounds like he breaks the car!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwmomf4eMcY

ChrisMaz
9th August 2009, 02:16 AM
Christ he's pushing that hard...

glider
9th August 2009, 05:38 AM
from the last shot of the astra I can see a bit of corolla hatch

Jerram
9th August 2009, 09:26 AM
drop it like it's hot I reckon

ROCCO
9th August 2009, 01:04 PM
he is probably a test driver and was runing it through its paces. Its not uncomming to see drivers flogging a test car. I've seena few maseratis and corvettes being driven like that.
My dad use to make light weight drive shafts for those cars and they used to thrash them harder than that.
i've seen a vette come back to the factory with oil and water leaking from it after the test driver was told to put the drive shaft through hell.

Vectracious
9th August 2009, 10:57 PM
LOL - its Fabrizio Giovanardi - he won the BTCC championship in 2007 and 2008. :D

He looked like he was coming in waaaaaaay too hot on the last turn - impressive!!!

Too bad we won't get the new Astra here.

gmonkey
9th August 2009, 11:05 PM
as far as we know at this stage that is ;) :p

i hope that guy coming from Opel Germany their regional manager or what thats taking over holden australia will see theyre ways of error with inferior korean crud and love opel so much after working for it that he imports all opels (including the corsa :D)

Vectracious
9th August 2009, 11:12 PM
if you're talking about Alan Batey who is taking over from Mark Reuss later this year - he also worked for GM Daewoo - so I doubt where he has worked is going to make a difference of whether we will get the Astra here. Its going to be about how much it will cost to sell the Astra here - which will most likely be too much.

gmonkey
9th August 2009, 11:16 PM
just ruin any hope i had why dont ya :p :( ;)

MatsHolden
10th August 2009, 06:22 PM
i hope that guy coming from Opel Germany their regional manager or )

Batey already been at Holden for over 3 years as Executive Director for Sales, Marketing and Aftersales.