PDA

View Full Version : Rims & Tyres.

Mark
14th September 2004, 10:26 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Australias best tyre & Muffler centre ? They seem to have an extensive range of rims on their web site.
So has anyone here bought their rims through them ? Was the service good?
Cheers.

Mark.

YuSuF
15th September 2004, 11:03 AM
Ive heard nothing but good things from them, thinking about going there myself...

EAK33Y
15th September 2004, 03:39 PM
Whats there website?

Foxman
15th September 2004, 03:45 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Australias best tyre & Muffler centre ? They seem to have an extensive range of rims on their web site.
So has anyone here bought their rims through them ? Was the service good?
Cheers.

Mark.

Hi guys

I bought a set of wheels there and they are so much more expensive than any othere shop around. I wouldnt recomened then at all. Very pricey and the service wasnt that great either!! Just my 2 cents anyway! :D

Foxman! :twisted:

Bob
15th September 2004, 04:35 PM
I've bought wheels & tyres from them before and they were very helpful (not to mention cheap).
Heck, I could have got my current rims from AusBest cheaper, but I decided to be ripped off, err, help a friend and, I paid more :!:

Nem
15th September 2004, 04:47 PM
Whats there website?Australia's Best (http://www.tyres.com)

OPL-20T
15th September 2004, 04:52 PM
aust best would be $$$$.
best place for great deals is Tempe Tyres. yes they are leboz and they might not have the greatest service but if u want to save money and get a good deal then i would recoment you go to them as you cant beat their $$$$ on anything they stock. tempe tyres rock :) :D :P 8)

Anonymous
15th September 2004, 05:46 PM
yea but i would rather spend the extra money :) my cusion bought his chromies from tempe and the chrome started to crack and peel off ..... :bang: :bang: he had to bye a whole new set and ended up ordering a of ROH furys direct from there company

YuSuF
15th September 2004, 06:40 PM
If youre after a particular type then thats a different story..

Mark
15th September 2004, 10:19 PM
Cheers peoples, Yeah, seems to be thatTempe is the cheapest as I hear that from alot of people.

my cusion bought his chromies from tempe and the chrome started to crack and peel off ..... he had to bye a whole new set and ended up ordering a of ROH furys direct from there company

Urrr thats no good....So how long after did this happen? The warranty on most new imports are 3-5 years on the chrome and lifetime on the structural.

corsaboy
15th September 2004, 10:25 PM
If you want good quality chromies BSA rims - try GALLOP Imports, they distribute those rims, I talk to the manager there and said he would sell to public as well. MASSIVE range! The place is at Peakhurst or something.

Mark
15th September 2004, 10:38 PM
Cheers corsaboy, I have some bsa rims marked to have a look at.I'll look them up tomorrow and see if they are open on weekends so I can have a look.

anicorsa
15th September 2004, 10:55 PM
I got my exhaust done at Aust best...

Very good service, and a very good job too.

Blitzkrieg
15th September 2004, 11:26 PM
Australias Best get their Wheels from Tempe and sell them for near the exact price.
The guys there are nice and provided you don't act like an idiot they will treat you with utter respect and will be as helpful as possible.

I got my wheels from them and they were basically the only shop that took me seriously. Got it done really fast too ( considering they had to do a custom job ).

In Tempe tyres you will usually wait around for ages too, usually with the typical losers around you talking about the supercharger kit which they are never going to fit.

Mark
16th September 2004, 09:13 AM
Cheers Blitzkrieg, I spoke to a guy from Aust Best and he was most helpful on the phone so I think i'll go over there and have a look , if they are willing to spend some time im willing to spend some cash. :)
I'd rather spend a little extra and get looked after.

What sort of custom job did they do ? Did they lower your car too ?

Mark
16th September 2004, 04:35 PM
I talk to the manager there and said he would sell to public as well

Hmm , I just rang them and they told me I couldn't buy from them. :?

GOZOFF
16th September 2004, 07:04 PM
Yeh I got my wheels and tyresand exhaust off them on my last ride they did a good job had to wait a while though but I didn't book I just rocked up and got them there and then. Got my SRi exhaust from then too again but this time they messed up bad on the exhaust so now I go to liverpool exhaust they did a fantastic job on that 8)

Mark
16th September 2004, 10:28 PM
Sounds good, yeah im gonna go over and have a look and chat , so much to choose from thats all..... :D :D