PDA

View Full Version : Calibra fans - Fifthgear Cheapskates ep

chrissn89
2nd August 2009, 09:26 PM
Fifthgear:::

Coming in at 40k, the Audi TT-RS does not fall into everyone's budget. Jonny offers a cheaper alternative – the Vauxhall Calibra V6.

http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/videos/cheapskates/vauxhall-calibra-v6

Audi TT-RS Fifthgear challenge::

http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/videos/other/audi-tt-rs

poita
2nd August 2009, 09:34 PM
Modern day classic :D

hazrd
3rd August 2009, 10:47 AM
its meeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

*click, and, save*

a thousand quid?! :eek: and i already know they are common over there, but ill say it again.... leather seats?! :yikes: :inncazato:

Wraith
3rd August 2009, 01:20 PM
Nothing wrong with a V6 Cali if you have one now and ' if ' you've got one in good nik...

But they were'nt exactly cheap to buy brand new...

I've got a copy of Motor mag from 1995 with the Cali V6 review when it was 1st introduced to Aust. they gave it a very favourable o/a review and best of the bunch of all the Cali variants...and pick of the V6 variants was surprise, surprise the auto variant...having driven them all myself, I can certainly vouch/agree with their outcome from so long ago :)

The 5th gear review on the TTRS has been out for a while now and on most Audi forums - and most if not all people have called it a totally next to useless review...

There's a much better written review in the current Motor mag if anyones interested :)

Wraith
3rd August 2009, 01:23 PM

*click, and, save*

a thousand quid?! :eek: and i already know they are common over there, but ill say it again.... leather seats?! :yikes: :inncazato:

In Europe Adam, the V6 was offered with leather interior as an option, as is standard on the Cali T...

You know the way it is here, GMH never bring over the full crop of models and/or features, colours etc. :mad:

hazrd
3rd August 2009, 02:32 PM
and pick of the V6 variants was surprise, surprise the auto variant...

:l33t: is your v6 an auto or manual Ange? i was so carried away with photos at the WGB that night i completely forgot to have a look at yours :(

In Europe Adam, the V6 was offered with leather interior as an option, as is standard on the Cali T...

You know the way it is here, GMH never bring over the full crop of models and/or features, colours etc. :mad:

always the case with GM which sucks big time... just to name a few:

Astra Coupe
Vauxhall VXR (ie. supercharged VE GTS)
Calibra DTM (id kill for one of these)

Ben's V6 (Cally460) had leather standard didnt it? but that was one of the very last ones imported i think....

Calibrated
3rd August 2009, 11:05 PM
and i got my leather, which now resides in pete's cali, from a wrecked v6.

hazrd
3rd August 2009, 11:11 PM
i heard Tai was taking the leather out of petes cali before he picks it up so it can be sent down to me :p

poita
3rd August 2009, 11:14 PM
lol

the full interior i have here at my place.

the only interior in it when i drove down was front seats and door cards :p :p

hazrd
3rd August 2009, 11:16 PM
leather front seats are good... thats where the warmers are :D

poita
3rd August 2009, 11:18 PM
on left

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2599/171/112/694309066/n694309066_1550637_3492146.jpg

Shay
3rd August 2009, 11:19 PM
:l33t: is your v6 an auto or manual Ange? i was so carried away with photos at the WGB that night i completely forgot to have a look at yours :(

Astra Coupe
Vectra GSi

Ben's V6 (Cally460) had leather standard didnt it? but that was one of the very last ones imported i think....

ps, dont think that guy knows too many cali owners

poita
3rd August 2009, 11:19 PM
leather front seats are good... thats where the warmers are :D

heheh i know :D

i ahve to fix mine though, forgot about them wen i took the interior out!

undone seats 4 bolts, lifted out seat, hmmmm something seams to be caught, yoink!

bye bye cable lol

Shay
3rd August 2009, 11:22 PM
heheh i know :D

i ahve to fix mine though, forgot about them wen i took the interior out!

undone seats 4 bolts, lifted out seat, hmmmm something seams to be caught, yoink!

bye bye cable lol

hmm thats odd. mine has that cable too, but wasnt aware veccy b (pf) ever came with heated seats...

couldnt be a airbag sensor could it?

actually come to think of it its prob for the seatbelt light.

Ice
3rd August 2009, 11:38 PM

*click, and, save*

So about $2000...cars are dirt cheap over there but cost a fortune to run.

as for saying there are stacks over there....I was there for 5 years and saw as many as I do here.

you reckon leather seats pisses you off hey ? my model in europe comes with leather, sat nav and xenons...haha how do you think that makes me feel ?

Wraith
4th August 2009, 01:24 PM

Astra Coupe

Yep auto, for it's vintage it's an oustanding slush box in most regards - it is of Japanese make so little wonder :)

No Aust. delivered V6 Calibras had leather interiors !

I know Ben and his Cali, but can't recall what interior he had :confused:

If it is leather, he would've got it here from someone/somewhere and put it in ;)

Wraith
4th August 2009, 01:26 PM
ps, dont think that guy knows too many cali owners

Who Shay - me or Ben ??? We both know each other and lots and lots of other Cali owners ;)

I was a major participator of the 1st Aust. Cali forum a number of years ago...so to was Ben :)

sooty
4th August 2009, 02:31 PM
Who Shay - me or Ben ??? We both know each other and lots and lots of other Cali owners ;)

I was a major participator of the 1st Aust. Cali forum a number of years ago...so to was Ben :)
i think he's talking about the guy off fifth gear who did the review, Ange :)

Wraith
4th August 2009, 05:12 PM

Ah...thanks Ain :)

Shay
5th August 2009, 02:11 AM

:nonod:

:yesnod:

Ah...thanks Ain :)

:thumbs:

Wraith
5th August 2009, 09:26 AM
LOL ^^^^ Thanks Shay :)

glider
5th August 2009, 09:28 AM
almost makes me want to keep mine stock... nah...

Wraith
5th August 2009, 01:05 PM
almost makes me want to keep mine stock... nah...

Nothing wrong at all with keeping the 'Aust. spec' Cali T stock glider :)

At least not aesthetically speaking anyway...they (Aust. spec) were the only Cali T's in the World fitted with that Irmy body kit and it still looks great today...

glider
5th August 2009, 01:21 PM
intersting

nah with the money I'm gonna spend on this thing it isn't staying stock...

Calibrated
5th August 2009, 01:42 PM
on left

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2599/171/112/694309066/n694309066_1550637_3492146.jpg

all i see is boobs

poita
5th August 2009, 02:55 PM
hmmm so the wrong thread my bad