PDA

View Full Version : how many time have you lost your license

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 02:58 AM
In turn of the how many tries to get your license poll.... how may times have you lost your license ???

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 03:17 AM
Not proud but ill get this ball rolling,

finished my 8th disqualification about 5 months ago

oneightoo
31st July 2009, 07:48 AM
8 disqualifications?

you dont deserve a licence dude..

Calibrated
31st July 2009, 08:17 AM
once (suspension not disqualification). accumulation of points. no fines since may 2008, and i intend to keep it that way.

Greg K
31st July 2009, 08:31 AM
Not proud but ill get this ball rolling,

finished my 8th disqualification about 5 months ago

25 years old and 8 disqualifications!!! OMG!!

its no wonder your gearbox shat itself!

me, no disqualifications

Ice
31st July 2009, 09:11 AM
Wtf !!! 8 ?

Wraith
31st July 2009, 09:31 AM
25 years old and 8 disqualifications!!! OMG!!

its no wonder your gearbox shat itself!

me, no disqualifications

LOL :lol:

I asked this very question on the other thread...sadavidsriturbo now I know your truly punishing your car - you need to get yourself that 20k gearbox jobbie Mr Corsa recommended ;) or preferably settle down man :smile2:

Seriously 8 times is at least 6 times too many and considering how long you've been driving, it equates to more than 1 a year...that means you havn't actually spent much time driving at all :confused: hope your not driving whilst suspended....

Me almost 26 years behind the wheel, perfect record - although came close almost a couple of years ago with 11 demerit points tallied up, too many 3-5km/h over the limit fines, too easy to cop those these days, specially here in Vic. :( - back to a clean slate now :)

delemonte
31st July 2009, 09:39 AM
Get my opens next month. I'm yet to get a speeding ticket (or any other traffic offence) and I intend to keep it that way. :)

CNBLU
31st July 2009, 09:44 AM
im curious how you could get 8 by the age of 25... enlighten me

Greg K
31st July 2009, 09:54 AM
im curious how you could get 8 by the age of 25... enlighten me

im not sure whether SA has the same system as here in NSW, but if you get a driving offence on your L's, you lose your license automatically, and from the "how many times did it take you to pass the test..." or whatever it is titled, David has had to go for his P's a few times; because of disqualifications im thinking...

rjastra
31st July 2009, 10:03 AM
No loss of licence in 24 yrs of driving. Total points lost in that time would be < 9.
Have had a motorbike and car for the last 14yrs.

Touch wood!

Multiple disqualifications and speeding fines means one thing... very poor observation and risk perception skills. Jusdging by this guys stereo install I have an idea why ;)

Jerram
31st July 2009, 10:16 AM
9 months to go till opens but I haven't had a ticket yet which is good because I'm a student and thus poor.

Wraith
31st July 2009, 10:16 AM
No loss of licence in 24 yrs of driving. Total points lost in that time would be < 9.

Touch wood!

Multiple disqualifications and speeding fines means one thing... very poor observation and risk perception skills. Jusdging by this guys stereo install I have an idea why ;)

Hmmmm, interesting theory rj, you may be onto something, although I've got a thumping ICE set up in my vert too and usually have it running very high when I occaisionally drive the thing, but it's never caused any such probs for me...:swg:

nuggz
31st July 2009, 10:19 AM
7 years of driving - 2 demerit points :D

Calibrated
31st July 2009, 10:33 AM

Touch wood!

I've had a major ICE install in every car i have owned, and i'm always very alert of my surroundings. (track experience kinda teaches you that) more than any instructor can.

EL BURITO
31st July 2009, 10:56 AM
I think this topic needs to be deleted, its a simple question that is turning into a witch hunt

David should have also been more careful before starting this topic

Keep'emRunning
31st July 2009, 11:30 AM
..nah let it run.. in true OA fashion, it will end up being all about the merits of goats cheese on cracked pepper rice crisps :)

.. no disquals.. only one dubious fine for rushing a injured animal to a vet in the middle of the night (yep, still harping on about that one) hahah

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 11:38 AM
Ok this is the enlightening for everyone its good to see people with clean records if i could go back i would.

1st time 2 days before i could my full license i lost it for 3 months for demerits and it just started a downward spiral and have been on my Ps ever since

2nd i got done 120 in a 60 stupid i know
6 months
3rd i was in my ex GFs mirage with an exhaust dropped the piece of shit back a gear to make the orange light loud exhaust catches the cops attention he sees me go thru a just turned red light fine for running a red and speeding license gone again 3 months

4th got a camera fine nothing major then caught on the mobile gone again 3 months

5th another camera fine and no seat belt gone again 3 months

6th time washed my dirt bike took it around the block to dry it copper seen summons to court outcome disqualified again 1 month

7th pulled out of a side street without my lights on and no seat belt gone again 3 months

8th drink driving .04 but on my Ps so not aloud any alcohol 6 months plus demerits 3 months

so 8 disqualifications has nothing to do with the gearbox going i can see how you may think that but the way the system hands out points for anything these days and only gives you 4 on your Ps it does not take much now i have learned and its a little to late but also when i was younger i didnt give a f***

In s.a. they have just bought in the rule of making you sit your licence if you lose it on Ps i have done that once and dont plan on doing it again.

Also i have had my fair shair of driving disqualified charges.... again not proud but you gotta do what you gotta do im not going to stop driving because the man tells me i cant i know im not a danger to people there are all sorts out there that are a far bigger danger than me.

Keep em coming peeps i got my flame suit on so i wont get upset ;)

mania
31st July 2009, 11:45 AM
No disquals... intend to keep it that way too, would really suffer if I lost my license.

EDIT: Why not put a seatbelt on :confused:?

EDIT again: And how do you manage to insure a turbo car? ;)

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 11:46 AM
I've had a major ICE install in every car i have owned, and i'm always very alert of my surroundings. (track experience kinda teaches you that) more than any instructor can.

No being young and not giving a F*** but i have changed my ways and i do see the light not and not the red and blue ones ;)

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 12:02 PM
Also been riding bikes for a long time and not 1 fine on them been defected twice for my fender eliminator but that's it i am semi sensible, its just these cops are ruthless they hide in bushes and have spotters on bridges ect ect they just want your money and the whole we start taking points now for your safety is BS its just more money again court costs disqual cost fines for driving disqual just a load of bs 3 points for talking on a mobile just because dumb sh*ts cant do 2 things a once and cause accidents i mean how hard is it to drive and talk on a mobile if you cant do that give up life is way harder than that.

Three lane commonly used main roads used to be 110km when i was younger now run between 80-90 kms yet roads in the hill which dont get used as much have limits of 110 which is un safe i dont even go that fast on some of them roads but in a straight line with gaurd rails spliting on coming traffic we can only go 80 pfft

guy 27
31st July 2009, 12:06 PM
No loss of license.
Fined for stereo too loud, speeding once and not having p plates on.

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 12:10 PM
No disquals... intend to keep it that way too, would really suffer if I lost my license.

EDIT: Why not put a seatbelt on :confused:?

EDIT again: And how do you manage to insure a turbo car? ;)

I do put a belt on now like is said young and dumb insurance only just managed to get its as a part driver but if i was going to get it myself i doubt i could get it not for at least 5 years from my last offence. Even then i recon if have an accident i doubt they will cover it and try to get out of it .

Neeko
31st July 2009, 12:15 PM
I've lost mine once :(

Was a high speeding offence.

Early last year, 1am, coming home from a good night out clubbing.
I was the DD for the night and also a very tired one. Tiredness was kicking in so bad that I put my foot down to achieve some sort of adrenalin rush.

Then got done at 159km/h in a 110km/h zone, 8 points.

I know there is no excuse for speeding but i wasn't being stupid. M1 is 4 lanes wide and was at 1 in the morning with no one in sight.
Except for the guy in that V8 that caught up really fast :p

kirssn
31st July 2009, 12:19 PM
I do put a belt on now like is said young and dumb insurance only just managed to get its as a part driver but if i was going to get it myself i doubt i could get it not for at least 5 years from my last offence. Even then i recon if have an accident i doubt they will cover it and try to get out of it .

there is one company i know of that would be saying 10 yrs 100% clean record before they'd review the situation.

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 12:20 PM

Touch wood!

Also how do you manage to come across with that statement ??

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 12:31 PM
I've lost mine once :(

Was a high speeding offence.

Early last year, 1am, coming home from a good night out clubbing.
I was the DD for the night and also a very tired one. Tiredness was kicking in so bad that I put my foot down to achieve some sort of adrenalin rush.

Then got done at 159km/h in a 110km/h zone, 8 points.

I know there is no excuse for speeding but i wasn't being stupid. M1 is 4 lanes wide and was at 1 in the morning with no one in sight.
Except for the guy in that V8 that caught up really fast :p

I know we need order on the roads and im not saying that police should not speed and we should but its funny how its all so safe for the copper to accelerate to catch up and dish out the fine, what because he has had some training and some lights, why not call ahead and stay behind at a safe distance and speed until another squad car can intercept if its so bad

You may think of me as a stupid person on the roads, but i have not had a single accident because i am extra careful partly because if i break my shit its all over no magical fix it fairies and like on a bike i drive like im invisible and i adapt my driving for my surroundings

auzvectra
31st July 2009, 01:04 PM
too much to read, i'm at work.
on paper 5 times, but actually only twice.
and yes i did some stupid crap when i was younger. about 1 fine in approx the last 5 yrs but :D. maybe 2.
in the 1st 2 yrs i was close the 30 points, so i sold the v8 commo i had, seems the cops liked it too much :p.

hazrd
31st July 2009, 01:14 PM
160/60

18 months

never again

Wraith
31st July 2009, 01:18 PM
160/60

18 months

never again

OUCH !

You Adam - I'm in shock, for shame :nonod: (jk) :D

In the old Cali T right ??...:swg:

rjastra
31st July 2009, 01:18 PM
Also how do you manage to come across with that statement ??

From your driving history....and from your additional comments. You get caught and fined multiple times for similar offences. Speeding, driving disqualified, no seat belt, driving while intoxicated. You attitude that is sadly lacking:

its just these cops are ruthless they hide in bushes and have spotters on bridges ect ect they just want your money and the whole we start taking points now for your safety is BS its just more money again court costs disqual cost fines for driving disqual just a load of bs 3 points for talking on a mobile just because dumb sh*ts cant do 2 things a once and cause accidents i mean how hard is it to drive and talk on a mobile if you cant do that give up life is way harder than that.

Basically, you don't give a sh*t.

mania
31st July 2009, 01:28 PM
I wonder if Holden know how many times you've lost your license =/

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=rjastra;463923]From your driving history....and from your additional comments. You get caught and fined multiple times for similar offences. Speeding, driving disqualified, no seat belt, driving while intoxicated. You attitude that is sadly lacking:

Basically, you don't give a sh*t.

obviously i dont like i said it was in the past had i got my full licence which i missed by 2 days i would have lost it once for dangerous driving the rest i would have been points compare my offences with others yes they have a full licence so they can do as they wish but for the sake of 2 days it has ****ed me and cost me alot of money
The dui wow under .05 had i had a full licence i would have driven straight thru not a danger to anybody

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 01:42 PM
I wonder if Holden know how many times you've lost your license =/

They probably do now

boorny88
31st July 2009, 01:43 PM
Never lost nver lost a demerit point either or got a fine lol

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 01:57 PM
Anyways like i said i was younger when a lot of this occurred and started im not proud and if i could go back id do a lot of things different and driving would be down there with the least of my worries.

Its cute how most people live sheltered lives and are so quick to criticize and assume oh hes such a wreck he has por attitude but that is the past i have done lots of stupid shit that has held me back and this is the least of it.

Funny thing is im doing great not as good as some but i have come along way i dont just mean out the shit, im doing better than most people twice my age but to me that is still crap, i have seen in just 3 years what i have acheived i wish i snapped out if it earlyer but its all a learning curve.

AH08
31st July 2009, 03:09 PM
Sadly Sadavidsriturbo your attitude towards the State laws, Police and every other road user sucks. Your statement "Also i have had my fair shair of driving disqualified charges.... again not proud but you gotta do what you gotta do im not going to stop driving because the man tells me i cant i know im not a danger to people there are all sorts out there that are a far bigger danger than me." proves this. And yes you are proud of the fact because you keep defending what you did. In the event that you "DO" have an accident, who is going to pay the damages and medical bills etc for the other party involved....sure as shit not your insurance co. You keep saying "when I was younger", reality check, you still are!

Me.... 31 years without a ticket (car & bike), not saying I'm a perfect driver, but I never speed in the car.

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 03:32 PM
Sadly Sadavidsriturbo your attitude towards the State laws, Police and every other road user sucks. Your statement "Also i have had my fair shair of driving disqualified charges.... again not proud but you gotta do what you gotta do im not going to stop driving because the man tells me i cant i know im not a danger to people there are all sorts out there that are a far bigger danger than me." proves this. And yes you are proud of the fact because you keep defending what you did. In the event that you "DO" have an accident, who is going to pay the damages and medical bills etc for the other party involved....sure as shit not your insurance co. You keep saying "when I was younger", reality check, you still are!

Me.... 31 years without a ticket (car & bike), not saying I'm a perfect driver, but I never speed in the car.

I dont drive unregistered so the fact of having an accident with bodily and hospital costs not being covered is not an issue as it could be a 12 year old driving as long as there is registration its covered regardless .

Me defending and me being proud are to very different things, yes given the same situation i would do it again but in saying this i have been obeying the law so i wont find myself in the same situation,

Unfortunately i had lots of debt a job where i had to start at 6am, what was i supposed to do catch a taxi 30kms and back catch a non existent bus or better yet forget about my responsibility's and let my house mortgage default.

so judge me how you wish.

Ok i say younger because i have matured lots in these 3 years but what would i know ??

mania
31st July 2009, 04:01 PM
You're quite wrong there - third party health cover is provided on your drivers license. Driving without a license is a very stupid thing to do - if you were to maim someone, you'd have to declare bankruptcy to get out of paying their compensation and the victim would be left with nowt. For this reason it's the first form of car confiscation I've approved of - taking the cars off people driving without a license. I don't want to be that victim.

EDIT: Sorry, I think you were right first off. It is on the vehicle, so unless it's void if the driver is unlicensed, you're right. ; I just checked this, it's void if the driver is unlicensed (regardless if it's due to demerits or a single unpaid public transport fine) or over 0.15 BAC.

chrissn89
31st July 2009, 04:43 PM
Im on your side David it was in the past, youve said your self it was stupid. Everyone needs to get over it and move on.

Ive had my license suspended once, but luckily i was able to get it back due to work. We dont have buses, trains or taxis. Plus i was a cable TV / Foxtel installer and need to drive the work car around the SEQ area and covered over 300km/day.

List of fines::

1. Doing 128km/h in a 100km/h zone. Pulling out from a side road onto the main road, still in third gear i wasnt going to stay at that speed just getting going. I was in my old veccy. Result was 4 points and on my P's so license suspended or go on a GDB (good driving behavior bond for one year with 1 point) i choose the GDB

2. Long story short. Over taking on Double white lines. Car doing 65km/h in a 100km/h. I slowed down to follow suit then the next minute there was a car up my arse and i decided to pull out and get around. It was night time, long straight bit of road and safe to over take. Took all of 2 seconds out and in. But the car that was up my arse was a cop car. Funny tho it was safe for him to pull out and over take the car too. That was 3points = Stuffing up my GDB, so license was suspended. But i was still aloud to drive. I choose to take the matter to the courts, which i won and the fine was throw out. Resulting in my GDB resuming and not needing to be re-started again. Again i was in my veccy.

3. About 2 years after my first fine, had just installed a pod filter onto the Astra Turbo, was in the wrong place at the wrong time and every single car was getting a full look over, bonnets, tires, exhaust, interior, lights, everything. I copped at defect which was 1 point and $75 for not having the pod filter bracketed. But all was good because i had 4 points again.

In conclusion ive lost a total of 8 points and 1 license suspension. 3 points and the license suspension was written off by the court.

At the end of October i will be on my Opens. Hurry up 20th bday :)

delemonte
31st July 2009, 04:46 PM
EDIT: Sorry, I think you were right first off. It is on the vehicle, so unless it's void if the driver is unlicensed, you're right.

I'm not so sure about the relevance of the driver's age or whether or not they hold a valid licence, but AFAIK in QLD a vehicle's CTP insurance (the insurance that goes with registration) is void if the incident/accident took place anywhere except on a Gov't owned road. As soon as you start going off-road (incl. a backyard) or on a track, the insurance is void.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, anybody...

Nurb608
31st July 2009, 05:08 PM
Anyway, back on topic.....

Never lost my license. Lost several points over the years, all for speeding. Each time I was asked if i had an excuse, and each time I told the cop it was because i was a d*#khead :D

bender
31st July 2009, 05:15 PM
so far lost three 79 in a 60 zome 1 km off losing my licence :cornut:

MatsHolden
31st July 2009, 05:37 PM
Waiting for the letter...

hazrd
31st July 2009, 06:39 PM
OUCH !

You Adam - I'm in shock, for shame :nonod: (jk) :D

In the old Cali T right ??...:swg:

actually... i was a good boy in the turbo... well... at least thats what the cops thought ;)

was in my S/C VX Berlina - had it for a month:

hmmm, *looks around* lets see what this thing can DO!! :D *

*flashing sirens*

oh shit

*pulls license out of wallet to cut into tiny little pieces*

tomtom
31st July 2009, 06:43 PM
1 x's 3 month suspension.

96 in a 60 zone i think.

I've since learned my lesson and gotten my Fulls... now i know to only speed on that road when there are P platers going above the limit - P platers with rice-wings and cannons are like Cop-Shields. Gotta love them :)

Jokes. I don't exceed the speed limit on the road. Ever.

SubZero
31st July 2009, 07:16 PM
newer lost my licence or i should say not yet:D
but did you know that if you first time commited a traffic offence you can write a letter to vic polis say say sorry and you dont get a fine for it,thet give you a official worning!!!

xplosv57
31st July 2009, 07:18 PM
6 years, 4 points........

One in the Astra, 3 km/h over (54 in a 50 zone)

Two in the Calais, one for following too closely and another 3km/h over (86 in an 80 zone), tried to contest that one because my speedo was around 20km/h out but because of the fine in the Astra under a year before, they threw out the appeal, bit annoying but had to pay up.

And one in the Excel, another 3 km/h over... (again 54 in a 50 zone)

At work, 5 co workers have lost their licenses in recent months, last one 50 km/h over loss of license for 12 months and will most likely lose it again after that period for points accumulated (18 years old, red P's, had already got 2 points against him), and after the hardship they've suffered just commuting to work etc, i try to be a bit more careful.

hazrd
31st July 2009, 07:20 PM
newer lost my licence or i should say not yet:D
but did you know that if you first time commited a traffic offence you can write a letter to vic polis say say sorry and you dont get a fine for it,thet give you a official worning!!!

lol, dont know about that

my mrs had her first (and only to date) fine on her P's about 5 years ago... 121/110

so, breaching license restrictions (90km limit) plus 10km over legal limit
didnt do her for breaching the license restriction, but fined her something like $115 + 1 point.

wrote a letter and didnt get off it lol

but this was in NSW though so maybe diff to vic

poita
31st July 2009, 07:21 PM
I don't condone what David has done, but he's not 'bragging' about it is he?
The quesiton has been asked, he replied.
I'm sure EVERY person on this forum has done illegal things in a car and gotten away with it.
And don't say you haven't, cause your a liar.
Imagine if you where caught everytime you broke the law, then would be in the same boat he is.

I'm not sticking up for him, I'm just putting the point across that it can happen to anyone on this forum.

OT: I have only been on a 12 month probation license.
Was on my P's, 2 speeding fines and 7 points.

that was about 5 yrs ago, haven't lost a point since.

poita
31st July 2009, 07:22 PM
6 years, 4 points........

One in the Astra, 3 km/h over (54 in a 50 zone)

isn't that 4 over?

xplosv57
31st July 2009, 07:24 PM
isn't that 4 over?

Sorry the 3 km/h over rule, that was the offence more than 3 km/h over!!

My bad.

SubZero
31st July 2009, 07:29 PM
lol, dont know about that

my mrs had her first (and only to date) fine on her P's about 5 years ago... 121/110

so, breaching license restrictions (90km limit) plus 10km over legal limit
didnt do her for breaching the license restriction, but fined her something like $115 + 1 point.

wrote a letter and didnt get off it lol

but this was in NSW though so maybe diff to vic

belive me it did work for me!!!i had a speeding fine but it was my first ever fine so wrote a letter and got a official warning for it and gues what my driving licence due for a renewal and i got a letter from vic road and they give me a discount because i havent got any traffic fine:D

xplosv57
31st July 2009, 07:33 PM
gues what my driving licence due for a renewal and i got a letter from vic road and they give me a discount because i havent got any traffic fine:D

Haha i got that letter too, no points lost during my P's, was so proud of myself........ then less than a week out of my P's, fine no 1!!! :mad:

Shay
31st July 2009, 07:37 PM
lol at you chinese...
im on opens already.
have been for a few months...

d.c.
31st July 2009, 07:47 PM
Jap import fresh off the boat, taking it 800m to a mates place at midnight. Rounded a corner 4 cops cars wedge me in and accuse me of being in a high speed chase.
No Number Plates.
No Rego.
No Insurance.
Off to court then no license.

Apart from that about a dozen speeding fines over the last 10 years but never enough to lose my license.

And dave don't worry about people on their high horse every time I speed at the time the reason seems valid, its not until i think about it after that I realise maybe it wasn't the best idea. Hindsight it a wonderful thing.

hazrd
31st July 2009, 07:49 PM
u kids and your opens :p *old man voice* back in my day i just had my opens handed to me :D

Burchin - thats funny how u got off, they are getting more strict now a days!!

SubZero
31st July 2009, 07:53 PM
u kids and your opens :p *old man voice* back in my day i just had my opens handed to me :d

burchin - thats funny how u got off, they are getting more strict now a days!!
:d:d:d:d:d:d

daiflu
31st July 2009, 08:11 PM
belive me it did work for me!!!i had a speeding fine but it was my first ever fine so wrote a letter and got a official warning for it and gues what my driving licence due for a renewal and i got a letter from vic road and they give me a discount because i havent got any traffic fine:D

I did this also. It was my first and only ticket (in Australia). I wrote to them telling them what a good boy I am and they whiped the fine.
There are a few conditions though; You must not contest the fine (admit that you were speeding), It has to be under 10km/hr over the limit, You must not have had a speeding ticket in the last 2 years. Something like that anyway.

And no I have never lost my licence. I have been to court (in NZ) to defend it though. The cop reckons I smoked it up around a corner in my 12A J port 323. I told the judge that it was a 1979 car with a 1.2 motor that used to belong to my mates grandma :lol:

xplosv57
31st July 2009, 08:13 PM
And no I have never lost my licence. I have been to court (in NZ) to defend it though. The cop reckons I smoked it up around a corner in my 12A J port 323. I told the judge that it was a 1979 car with a 1.2 motor that used to belong to my mates grandma :lol:

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant!! That is hilarious, i used to have an almost similar car too (bridgeported 13b 323) but i doubt i could've gotten away with saying it was my grannys!!! :D

daiflu
31st July 2009, 08:20 PM
yea, if he had of seen it, I wouldn't have got away with it. It was matte black, dumped (as all cars in NZ are), had 5 mufflers, shook at idle and woke up neighbours two streets away! Oh, had the air filter through the bonnet too ;)
That was only one line of my defence though. I had photos and witnesses etc.. I'd actually sold the car at the time the case went to court.