PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher returns !

Ice
30th July 2009, 07:14 AM
woo ! see link below.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8172310.stm

Calibrated
30th July 2009, 07:35 AM
certainly going to make things interesting

oneightoo
30th July 2009, 08:47 AM
i hear he has to go to the RTA first and pass an eye sight test, and that other teams have complained that he indicates 4km before turning..

there is also the rumour that he wont be driving the ferrari car, rather it's likely to be with toyota, in their new version of the crown.. insiders have claimed that the bowler hat on the back parcel shelf will help with downforce and adds at least 5bhp..

poita
30th July 2009, 08:54 AM
lol u fool :p
old people dont use indicators

will be good seeing schu up against hamilton though!

CNBLU
30th July 2009, 08:58 AM
wow this is awsome news.... cant wait

ROCCO
30th July 2009, 09:01 AM
OH MY GOD.....THANK YOU....I'm watching the next races wrapped in glad wrap...i've been waiting for this too happen

confirmed here (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/7/9703.html)

gman
30th July 2009, 09:10 AM
This is best thing I have heard for ages!!! :D

gman
30th July 2009, 09:31 AM
The Spanish race organisers were worried about ticket sales with Alonso being sidelined....Can you imagine it now with Shumacher back!!!!

boorny88
30th July 2009, 09:35 AM
i can't wait for this will be wikid considering it came out that he's the stig as well

Calibrated
30th July 2009, 09:38 AM
i can't wait for this will be wikid considering it came out that he's the stig as well
i higly doubt he was the stig

boorny88
30th July 2009, 09:41 AM
but it come out on uk topgear so unless they trying to pull the wool over our eyes i dunno

ROCCO
30th July 2009, 10:25 AM
yup basically the only way they could get that Ferrari on the show was if Schuey drove it.....so to make it look like the stig was driving it they put schuey in the stigs outfit got him to do the hot lap. Then revealed himself as the stig. Noticed in the episode they didn't do a Star in the responably priced car???? Thats why.

Schuey isn't the Stig

gman
30th July 2009, 10:28 AM
yup basically the only way they could get that Ferrari on the show was if Schuey drove it.....so to make it look like the stig was driving it they put schuey in the stigs outfit got him to do the hot lap. Then revealed himself as the stig. Noticed in the episode they didn't do a Star in the responably priced car???? Thats why.

Schuey isn't the Stig

Yep..Also, Clarkson makes a comment at the end fo the episode that maybe his isn't the Stig after all....Was all for the publicity and to get the FXX on the show...

Was good either way though...

boorny88
30th July 2009, 10:55 AM
aawww i didnt hear bout any of that just that he was the stig so who hell is the stig lol but yeah was good to make people like myself think that haha
doesnt help when you dnt think through it and put logic in there to haha but i lik to think that haha

xplosv57
30th July 2009, 03:14 PM
Wow God is back in an F1 car, hope someone explained to him what that little button labelled KERS does.......

I'm no Ferrari fan, but i sure will enjoy seeing the Schu back on the F1 stage, he's such a talent and should see if he'll post a decent result because the Ferrari is finally showing some pace (well in Massa's hands anyway, i think Kimi turns up to races hungover...)!!!

boorny88
30th July 2009, 03:22 PM
lets hopr shu does a good job and hope massa makes a speedy recovery back to F1

[OPCSRi]
30th July 2009, 08:51 PM
I wonder what odds they have Shuey to win in his comeback race!:rolleyes:

ROCCO
30th July 2009, 09:18 PM
well I just checked the tickets for the eruope race...looks like they have all sold out...you can't buy any through the F1 site...this race is gonna be huge

Shay
31st July 2009, 12:51 AM
Wow God is back in an F1 car, hope someone explained to him what that little button labelled KERS does.......

I'm no Ferrari fan, but i sure will enjoy seeing the Schu back on the F1 stage, he's such a talent and should see if he'll post a decent result because the Ferrari is finally showing some pace (well in Massa's hands anyway, i think Kimi turns up to races hungover...)!!!

Petes driven F1 before?
and doing it again :yikes:

poita
31st July 2009, 12:19 PM
indeed i have shay :p

cant wait!!

gman
31st July 2009, 12:25 PM
Petes driven F1 before?
and doing it again :yikes:

indeed i have shay :p

cant wait!!

I sat in one and pretended...Does that count??? ;) (I even made silly car noises....)

Shay
31st July 2009, 12:32 PM
I sat in one and pretended...Does that count??? ;) (I even made silly car noises....)

yeah im pretty sure it does.
your officially a fully pledged F1 racing driver glenn,
so who you gonna drive with in 2010?

boorny88
31st July 2009, 12:36 PM
Man i can dream to drive one of those hay

gman
31st July 2009, 12:50 PM
yeah im pretty sure it does.
your officially a fully pledged F1 racing driver glenn,
so who you gonna drive with in 2010?

I think I'll make my own team...Team Imgunnadiequickandpainfulonfire

boorny88
31st July 2009, 12:56 PM
I'll be part of your team gman

Shay
31st July 2009, 01:02 PM

maybe ill start my own... Team Vectra aka Team Grannyshift

lol well never actually be running, and our R&D would be from 30 years ago :D

nuggz
31st July 2009, 01:03 PM

LOL

the hottest your tyres will ever get are when the warmers are on em, or they're on fire from the catastrophic accident your bound to have

i think i'd poop myself if i ever experienced a hot lap in an f1 car

gman
31st July 2009, 01:06 PM
Absolutely when I hit the wall...That's the ONLY time they would get hot...

Honestly, I would be happy coming last and just:

Being able to say "I'm an F1 driver!"
Actually driving an F1 car;
The grid girls...Need I say more...

Shay
31st July 2009, 01:08 PM
Absolutely when I hit the wall...That's the ONLY time they would get hot...

Honestly, I would be happy coming last and just:

Being able to say "I'm an F1 driver!"
Actually driving an F1 car;
The grid girls...Need I say more...

lol, no back seat mate and the COCK pit is pretty small, lol

gman
31st July 2009, 01:10 PM
lol, no back seat mate and the COCK pit is pretty small, lol

Who's been talking out of school!!!! Its not that small!!!!

Shay
31st July 2009, 01:12 PM
Who's been talking out of school!!!! Its not that small!!!!

bahaha,

getting back on topic, you should hire schu onto youre team :D

gman
31st July 2009, 01:21 PM
bahaha,

getting back on topic, you should hire schu onto youre team :D

I think it would be easier to wrest Ferrari away from Fiat than pull Michael away from Ferrari. That would be the only way to have him on your team. If you were Ferrari!!!!

Shay
31st July 2009, 01:37 PM
I think it would be easier to wrest Ferrari away from Fiat than pull Michael away from Ferrari. That would be the only way to have him on your team. If you were Ferrari!!!!

rebadge a renault painted red, with some pony's on it. lol

boorny88
31st July 2009, 01:53 PM
I like your logic gman haha

sooty
10th August 2009, 05:34 PM
Interesting you hear everyone's point of view on this one.
Was reading an article in fox sports news last night that there's some controversy as to whether Schuey should be allowed to test the car before practice/qualifying etc or not.
Almost every team had no objection apart from Williams (IIRC), who said that there's not allowed to be any mid season testing, regardless of the special circumstances, and cited something about some new young driver i'd never heard of not getting any special treatment.
So what do people think, should the rules be twisted for the unusual situation, or is williams right by saying no special treatment?
Discuss :p

xplosv57
10th August 2009, 05:37 PM
From what i know, he's been allowed to drive the '07 car, but i think it's stupid, he isn't going to affect the drivers championship and as for constructors Ferrari is not really in the running anyways so i say let him drive the car!!

Also from what i'm hearing, Massa is recovering very well, so Schumi may only be required for the next race, again another reason to let him test the car beforehand!!

gman
10th August 2009, 05:40 PM
Its a tough call...IMHO, let him drive it...But then again from a regulations point of view, no one else is allowed so level playing field and all that stuff...

He's driving the old car, the differences are going to be huge...Its going to be a big ask for the first race....

MatsHolden
10th August 2009, 05:50 PM
It is a tough call but I think Williams may be right this time. Fair enough Shu should be allowed to put in some laps in the current car, however as if Ferrari wouldn't take advantage of the extra track time to test new components and aero changes...

gman
10th August 2009, 05:52 PM
exactly....and thats the reason why no one else has jumped to their aid on this one....

xplosv57
10th August 2009, 05:52 PM
It is a tough call but I think Williams may be right this time. Fair enough Shu should be allowed to put in some laps in the current car, however as if Ferrari wouldn't take advantage of the extra track time to test new components and aero changes...

Well yeah that was pretty much their reasoning for them only allowing him to drive the '07 car, so he can get the feel back of a general F1 car, but not a car closely based to the F09 that Ferrari can use it for other testing!!!

xplosv57
11th August 2009, 04:58 PM
doesnt matter now kids, schumi's pulled out of filling in...

gman
11th August 2009, 05:18 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

poita
11th August 2009, 05:23 PM
wonder if i can get a refund on my tickets lol

sooty
11th August 2009, 05:55 PM
yep, due to a neck injury from a motorbike race in feb he is not declared fit to race, and thus had to pull out

hazrd
11th August 2009, 06:18 PM
doesnt matter now kids, schumi's pulled out of filling in...

fail :(

wonder if i can get a refund on my tickets lol

haha epic fail :p