PDA

View Full Version : Quaife ATB

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 06:15 PM
Anyone else looking at getting a Quaife ATB in the near distant future? I'm shopping around for prices at the moment and just waiting for a few emails back.
Can't guarantee that I could get them cheaper in a group buy situation but will give it a shot if anyones interested.

poita
28th July 2009, 06:22 PM
have heard its cheaper to buy one from New Zealand also.

goes from UK -> NZ -> Aus and is cheaper, go figure.

i will ask me mate who has one

CNBLU
28th July 2009, 06:29 PM
The exchange rate is pretty good atm so i would be looking to buy from the uk. Last i got quoted from NZ was 1600.

mania
28th July 2009, 06:32 PM
LMF Vauxhall seem pretty good with current exchange rates (nearly breaking the 50p barrier!), $1200 including both bearings, not including postage.

If you can save anything by buying multiples count me in, else I'll buy it in my own time :)

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 06:40 PM
LMF is the cheapest i've found so far, NZ is $1750NZD without bearings, but only $65 post. Still waiting for MPG to email me back with pricing and postage and LMF with postage. Regals was a bit more and Thornays, forget it.

mania
28th July 2009, 06:48 PM
Not trying courtenay? They seem to do a lot of the installs in the UK so despite not having them listed on their website they're probably competitive.

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 07:01 PM
I've shot them an email, but a bit peeved they don't list them on their site for the M32.

mania
28th July 2009, 07:07 PM
Yea bit slack.. still they're good to deal with.

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 07:10 PM
haven't dealt with them yet, only regal and lmf over there.

kabel
28th July 2009, 07:21 PM
Count me in as a possible please.

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 07:23 PM
Done mate, had you down for a possible before i started :p

mania
28th July 2009, 07:28 PM
If I get one too, might be able to save quite a bit on postage and fitting then kabel :)

xplosv57
28th July 2009, 09:15 PM
So is $1750 a definite price or estimate at what it might be??

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 09:19 PM
This is the email i got from them a little while ago.

$1725 nzd – about $1400 australian and $65 postage, in stock in NZ.

Sent: Monday, 16 March 2009 1:05 a.m.
To: [email protected] ([email protected])
Subject: Opel Astra OPC 2.0 Turbo M32 Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential

Hi,

I was just wondering what the price would be on this LSD and delivery to Melbourne? The part number is QDF25B.

Thanks,

Rory.

xplosv57
28th July 2009, 09:22 PM
So $1465, thats pretty good, but is that only if purchased as a group buy??

mania
28th July 2009, 09:24 PM
Normal price, but doesn't include two bearings which should be a further $150 or so. Plus a costly fitting of course :(

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 09:24 PM
Nah, that's just a normal purchase, so may be able to get it cheaper. It's only about $1200 AUD from LMF but will depend on postage and thats with the bearings where i dont think the one from NZ is.

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 09:25 PM
Damn, mania beat me :p

Can get it installed for a good price in vic.

xplosv57
28th July 2009, 09:27 PM
Cmon DIY BroTek fitting!!!

Z20LET
28th July 2009, 09:28 PM
What's the install worth Rory?

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 09:30 PM
What's the install worth Rory?

Hopefully around $500ish, which is a bit cheaper than one place that wanted $900, but i still need to find out the exact price when I'm ready to get it done.

poita
28th July 2009, 09:52 PM
$2k shipped landed and installed for a quafe lsd is dam good

ChrisMaz
28th July 2009, 09:55 PM
I take it its better to phone LMF? Emailed them a week and a half ago with no response.

nigelh
28th July 2009, 10:08 PM
For WA guys I would be able to fit the lsd for you including the R&R of the gearbox.On the m32 box may be able to fit the lsd without removing the transmission but the f32 the gearbox will need to come out.

CNBLU
28th July 2009, 10:10 PM
May i suggest uprating the clutch aswell

mania
28th July 2009, 10:17 PM
Nigel that's a great offer! I've been stressing about what shop might be able to do it. According to courtenay's the diff can be fitted without removing the transmission if you know what you're doing :)

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 10:40 PM
May i suggest uprating the clutch aswell

Was thinkin that too but haven't really investigated yet. Any opinions Gav or just the ones offered by the UK tuning company's?

CNBLU
28th July 2009, 10:42 PM
I have a courtenays clutch and have got no probs. Theres Helix which alot of the UK guys swear buy but it just depends on how deep your pockets are.

PS. Dont look at what BHP the clutches are rated to, its the torque that kills a clutch!

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 10:45 PM
Nigel that's a great offer! I've been stressing about what shop might be able to do it. According to courtenay's the diff can be fitted without removing the transmission if you know what you're doing :)

If thats the case it will save a fair bit on the install.

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 10:46 PM
I have a courtenays clutch and have got no probs. Theres Helix which alot of the UK guys swear buy but it just depends on how deep your pockets are.

PS. Dont look at what BHP the clutches are rated to, its the torque that kills a clutch!

Pockets wont be that deep after getting the diff, lol. I'll have a look on their site now.

mania
28th July 2009, 10:50 PM
I was thinking of doing the clutch too... and then was thinking may as well do the flywheel at the same time... it wasn't until I was considering uprating the synchros that I'd realised I'd gotten carried away again :p

Nurb608
28th July 2009, 11:11 PM
Ouch, can only find the sachs clutch for the Z20LEL/LER/LEH and it's 579.00 € :yikes:

kabel
28th July 2009, 11:58 PM
For WA guys I would be able to fit the lsd for you including the R&R of the gearbox.On the m32 box may be able to fit the lsd without removing the transmission but the f32 the gearbox will need to come out.
I have a set of fitting instructions from an issue of Total Vauxhall mag and with the M32 box it can be done without removal.
Had been contemplating HSV doing the install but their labour rates had been putting me off,which put me off the whole exercise.
Your offer now sheds new hope !

Nurb608
29th July 2009, 12:01 AM
You guys are lucky with nigel over there willing to help ya out with fitting. I will have to talk to the vic guy about doing it without takin the box out. Any chance on getting a copy of those instructions? :D

gman
29th July 2009, 12:04 AM
The M32 can definately change the diff without removing the gearbox...The M32 ca split the case where the diff is..

The F23 can't!!!!! So its gearbox out time!!! :(

kabel
29th July 2009, 12:07 AM
You guys are lucky with nigel over there willing to help ya out with fitting. I will have to talk to the vic guy about doing it without takin the box out. Any chance on getting a copy of those instructions? :D
Rory,
PM me with your e-mail address I have a PDF file of the instructions.
Kim

Nurb608
29th July 2009, 12:10 AM
This is making me even hapier, lol.

Nurb608
29th July 2009, 12:12 AM
Rory,
PM me with your e-mail address I have a PDF file of the instructions.
Kim

PM sent Kim ;)

mania
29th July 2009, 02:43 AM
Just found out, Courtenay do have them listed on their website (http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=138). 670gbp inc. bearings (ex vat), or about $1400... I'm sure they'd discount 3 purchases though.

Nurb608
29th July 2009, 08:43 AM
Still stick with LMF at 564.01 GBP including bearings (ex VAT) ;)

No wonder I couldn't find it on Courtenays site, not listed for the VXR

Wraith
29th July 2009, 11:00 AM
Rory have you checked with people who've done this mod to see if the benefits gained are worth the outlay ??

One person on here who got it done to his TS turbo hatch wasn't overly impressed...

Certainly if your going to go nuts with a power upgrade or keep the car long term, it makes sense...

Apologies if you've already done the background work and know where your headed, I was just curious :)

CNBLU
29th July 2009, 11:06 AM
Who got a quaife on his ts but wasnt impressed?

mania
29th July 2009, 11:13 AM
Everyone on the UK forums rave about the benefits... don't know of any Aussies with the Quaife, but I don't imagine our tastes would be that different? Also 564GBP is pretty amazing especially at current exchange rates over 50p per dollar! :yikes:

mr corsa
29th July 2009, 11:14 AM

blueraven and me for my first one

CNBLU
29th July 2009, 11:15 AM
Theres only so much the LSD can do, you also need a good suspension set-up and good tyres to minimise the wheelspin.... or some sort of traction control device.

Wraith
29th July 2009, 11:24 AM

Don't get me all wrong here guys...

He did like the result, but wasn't " overly impressed " with it and did comment on how it behaved a little weird compared to a vehicle with OEM LSD...

I'm talking about BR (BlueRaven's) TS turbo :)

Wraith
29th July 2009, 11:25 AM
blueraven and me for my first one

There you go...you got in before me mate :D

mania
29th July 2009, 11:32 AM
I believe you - but do you have any links to blueravens comments/threads? Just want to read what he said - all I could find was it listed on his car thread (where it's not really acknowledged) and favourite mods thread :s

Wraith
29th July 2009, 11:35 AM
I believe you - but do you have any links to blueravens comments/threads? Just want to read what he said - all I could find was it listed on his car thread (where it's not really acknowledged) and favourite mods thread :s

Do search in the turbo section :)

He had a very long running thread on the modifications build up on his previous car...

Was the better part of a couple of years ago...

mr corsa
29th July 2009, 12:23 PM
i just wasnt happy with the service and crap i went thru to get warranty with my first one when i broke it with only 238 kws @the wheels

Nurb608
29th July 2009, 12:25 PM
I've done a fair bit of research, and yes there are better options but are out of my price range at the moment and considering i'm not running huge amounts of power it should do the job quite nicely.

As mania said, alot of the UK boys running them and highly recommend them, maybe it's different in the M32 box, not sure.

The suspension setup and chasis dynamics on the VXR are pretty good from stock, except for the lack of the RARB. I'll also be looking at better tyres on a different set of rims for track and drag days and i'll use the stocks for everyday, considering my tyres for them are paid for through my lease, but thats further down the track.

nigelh
29th July 2009, 12:44 PM
I have a set of fitting instructions from an issue of Total Vauxhall mag and with the M32 box it can be done without removal.
Had been contemplating HSV doing the install but their labour rates had been putting me off,which put me off the whole exercise.
Your offer now sheds new hope !
If that was city motors it would be a good chance i would be doing the job anyway as i do alot of gearbox work for them.

Z20LET
29th July 2009, 12:59 PM
The M32 can definately change the diff without removing the gearbox...The M32 ca split the case where the diff is..

The F23 can't!!!!! So its gearbox out time!!! :(

gman, does the engine have to come out also or just the box for the F23?

CNBLU
29th July 2009, 01:09 PM
Just the gearbox in an f23

Z20LET
29th July 2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks Gav.

sadavidsriturbo
29th July 2009, 01:45 PM
hey nurb i sent you a pm im deffinatly in on a quaife and also a clutch holla back when you can thanks

gman
29th July 2009, 01:52 PM
gman, does the engine have to come out also or just the box for the F23?

Just the gearbox in an f23

Yep just the gearbox, however its almost as easy to take the whole lot out as mating them back can be a pain when its in the car...

But it can definitely be done with just a gearbox removal...

sadavidsriturbo
29th July 2009, 01:54 PM
Rory have you checked with people who've done this mod to see if the benefits gained are worth the outlay ??

One person on here who got it done to his TS turbo hatch wasn't overly impressed...

Certainly if your going to go nuts with a power upgrade or keep the car long term, it makes sense...

Apologies if you've already done the background work and know where your headed, I was just curious :)

Even without the performance gains if you drive your car hard its only a matter of time before the pinion gears and shaft come flying out the side of your diff and gearbox and its all over this can be avoided with the fitting of a quaife i wish it was the first thing i ever did

gman
29th July 2009, 02:17 PM
Even without the performance gains if you drive your car hard its only a matter of time before the pinion gears and shaft come flying out the side of your diff and gearbox and its all over this can be avoided with the fitting of a quaife i wish it was the first thing i ever did

Sounds like the voice of experience speaking there....

sadavidsriturbo
29th July 2009, 02:43 PM
Sounds like the voice of experience speaking there....

Yeah unfortunately it is i wish i knew in the first place how shit the design of the gearbox was

gman
29th July 2009, 02:46 PM
Was it an F23 or M32 that you shreaded???

sadavidsriturbo
29th July 2009, 02:54 PM
Was it an F23 or M32 that you shreaded???

Yeah m32 got one coming from auto vaux gonna sort it out tonight 2300 for the box, with tax, gst and shipping gonna cost me 3500 about landed then gonna do the clutch and gets me quaife its really hurts

mania
29th July 2009, 02:57 PM
Ouch :(.

gman
29th July 2009, 03:12 PM
Yeah m32 got one coming from auto vaux gonna sort it out tonight 2300 for the box, with tax, gst and shipping gonna cost me 3500 about landed then gonna do the clutch and gets me quaife its really hurts

Seriously OUCH!!!! What did Holden quote for a replacement if you braved getting one from them???

Wraith
29th July 2009, 03:23 PM

Bloody hell, how hard have you been flogging your car for that to happen LOL...:lol:

As mentioned by Mr Corsa, with enough power and hard driving a Quaife LSD can be splattered as well...

Wraith
29th July 2009, 03:26 PM

Very expensive fix up job there, you'll be at well over 5k...:eek:

Take it easy when it's all back together :)

sadavidsriturbo
29th July 2009, 03:28 PM
Seriously OUCH!!!! What did Holden quote for a replacement if you braved getting one from them???

holdens told me 7500 fitted i rang motor traders direct and they said 6500 for just the box so holdens wants 1k to fit it with out upgrading anything what a rip

sadavidsriturbo
29th July 2009, 03:29 PM
Bloody hell, how hard have you been flogging your car for that to happen LOL...:lol:

As mentioned by Mr Corsa, with enough power and hard driving a Quaife LSD can be splattered as well...

Not hard enough for it to shit its self

gman
29th July 2009, 03:34 PM
All I can say is sorry mate...Holden will try and rip you a new one every chance they get...$7,500 is a joke!!!!!

Wraith
29th July 2009, 03:47 PM
Not hard enough for it to shit its self

Bit of bad luck then...

But yeh, Autovaux is the way to go !

I get all my hardware needs of them as well - better than even trade price through GMH and that's with all the costs on top as well...

It's across the board with all parts large and small too :)

mr corsa
29th July 2009, 03:57 PM
buy a real gear box for your car
http://www.quaife.co.uk/QUAIFE-6-speed-FWD-sequential-gearbox-including-bellhousing

Wraith
29th July 2009, 04:12 PM
http://www.quaife.co.uk/QUAIFE-6-speed-FWD-sequential-gearbox-including-bellhousing

You'll need the better part of 20k $AUD for that :eek:

Like anything I suppose, you have to pay for the really good stuff :)

Nurb608
29th July 2009, 04:33 PM

I saw that one when I was looking for the diff and nearly fainted :yikes:

gman
29th July 2009, 04:57 PM

Yes please...Just need to sell a kidney....

sadavidsriturbo
29th July 2009, 05:15 PM

na way to much money........... i had to sell my bike...... close to a kidney ? times are tough recession

Z20LET
29th July 2009, 06:11 PM
Yep just the gearbox, however its almost as easy to take the whole lot out as mating them back can be a pain when its in the car...

But it can definitely be done with just a gearbox removal...

Thanks for that info Glenn.

kabel
29th July 2009, 08:25 PM
If that was city motors it would be a good chance i would be doing the job anyway as i do alot of gearbox work for them.
HSV City Motors have done all of my work so far.
No problems with quality of work or service.
In fact I went there because the quality was not good where I purchased the car.
Service Manager at HSV has been real helpful and a mechanic there used to work for Vauxahall so is familar with the VXR.

I had not asked them for an install price I was just basing it on the hourly rates I was charged to install other owner supplied items so far.

But if you are interested and I can deal direct with the installer that would be fantastic !

kabel
29th July 2009, 08:31 PM

I e-mailed John at Thorney Motorsport a while back to ask his opinion
Quaiffe Vs re-map and he suggested the diff to be the better choice.
Money itself not being the issue but value for money.

Given their involvement in preparing cars for the track,would say his advice should be good.

Do know where you are coming from though. :)

Nurb608
30th July 2009, 12:52 AM
OK, sorting this out now. Glenn, David and Alex, I have sent you pm's. Kim, i sent yours on HSVVXR, sorry i did those pm's first :p

If you guys can let me know and anyone else who seriously wants one pm me as this will be going ahead very soon. Have secured what i think is a good price and is cheaper than the NZ price I stated on the first page and includes the bearings.

sadavidsriturbo
30th July 2009, 12:59 PM
Hey nurb your in box is full

sadavidsriturbo
30th July 2009, 01:14 PM
Bit of bad luck then...

But yeh, Autovaux is the way to go !

I get all my hardware needs of them as well - better than even trade price through GMH and that's with all the costs on top as well...

It's across the board with all parts large and small too :)

Very expensive fix up job there, you'll be at well over 5k...:eek:

Take it easy when it's all back together :)

OOps sorry some how i overlooked these posts yesterday wasnt with it as you all could probably tell by my grammar :o

yeah auto vaux is the shiznit better than trade by far.

Yeah very very expensive.......

Could have been avoided 1 if i just got an lsd in the first place

2 if holdens did there job.

Im gonna post up everything on my old post soon about how this problem arose and holdens lack of service and even customer service metro's port rd and holdens australia bunch of c*&^ suckers.

Funny thing is with an upgraded clutch, new gearbox, quafie lsd, lightened flywheel and fitting probably going to cost me about 6kish and its still cheaper than holdens about 1k cheaper skum bags

Nurb608
30th July 2009, 06:30 PM
Just kinda off topic, and not sure if it's the same here, but in the VXR's in the UK they come from factory with power steering fluid in the M32 instead of gearbox oil...... go figure!

mania
30th July 2009, 07:11 PM
According to a few of the guys on the forums though, that sound knowledgable, it's the same stuff under different labels.

sadavidsriturbo
30th July 2009, 07:38 PM
Just kinda off topic, and not sure if it's the same here, but in the VXR's in the UK they come from factory with power steering fluid in the M32 instead of gearbox oil...... go figure!

According to a few of the guys on the forums though, that sound knowledgable, it's the same stuff under different labels.

Interesting.........

Nurb608
3rd August 2009, 06:20 PM
OK, going to be putting this order in tommorow so if anyone hasn't confirmed with me yet, could you please do so by this time tommorow?

mania
3rd August 2009, 06:54 PM
Niceee, was never expecting this to move so quickly. Going to be an expensive week :o

kabel
3rd August 2009, 07:14 PM
Hot Damn !

Nurb608
3rd August 2009, 07:17 PM
Niceee, was never expecting this to move so quickly. Going to be an expensive week :o

lol, gotta do it before I get asked to finish the back yard :p

sadavidsriturbo
3rd August 2009, 07:35 PM
good stuff nurb sendin ya a pm in a sec ;)

Nurb608
3rd August 2009, 07:38 PM
good stuff nurb sendin ya a pm in a sec ;)

No probs mate, i knew you wanted it pretty quick too, and i don't want the supplier to think i'm stringing it out.

Nurb608
19th August 2009, 10:04 PM
OK, this is what i've just got back for anyone that ordered from them.

Hi Rory

We are expecting to have the delivery towards the end of this week/start of
next so I can get them despatched as soon as possible

nigelh
19th August 2009, 10:32 PM
Once you have your lsd fitted if you have a problem with the gearbox make sure you remove the lsd before you take the car back to holden for warranty. The reason why holden have NO parts for the m32 gearbox and fit a new unit if it has a problem and you will end up losing your lsd.

Nurb608
19th August 2009, 10:35 PM
Once you have your lsd fitted if you have a problem with the gearbox make sure you remove the lsd before you take the car back to holden for warranty. The reason why holden have NO parts for the m32 gearbox and fit a new unit if it has a problem and you will end up losing your lsd.

Cheers mate ;)

kabel
19th August 2009, 10:58 PM
Ta NigelH,
Touch base soon re booking a fitting date for the LSD.

sadavidsriturbo
19th August 2009, 11:22 PM
I feel bad for slithering in before you guys :o

kabel
19th August 2009, 11:44 PM
I feel bad for slithering in before you guys :o

You should no longer be slithering with your LSD fitted....................

sadavidsriturbo
19th August 2009, 11:53 PM
You should no longer be slithering with your LSD fitted....................

Ha ha ;)

mania
20th August 2009, 02:31 AM
Fedex from Courtenay normally takes 2-3 working days... with any luck might have them before next weekend :cornut:

Nurb608
2nd September 2009, 11:13 PM
OK, just got this email.

"Hi Rory

Just a quick update. I now have the diffs with me. We are just in the process of sorting the order and we will ship this week. I will let you know all the tracking info with FedEx when they are due to leave.

Thanks and Regards"

kabel
2nd September 2009, 11:20 PM
Cheers for the update.

Apex
3rd September 2009, 01:39 PM
Awsome update! Where are you getting it from, sorry cant be bothered sifting through the OT spam.

Having mine fitted to my Megane this week, was $1840.00 landed, so $110.50 Australian. Account for 16 hours to fit the bugger.

The Focus RS runs one and its 300BHP, will be all good in my 250BHP Renault.

Nurb608
3rd September 2009, 02:39 PM
Hey mate, yeah got ours from Courtenays. You guys have a Quaife dealer over there, was it too expensive from them?

mania
3rd September 2009, 02:46 PM
Account for 16 hours to fit the bugger.

:yikes:

I really hope that's at least a 2x exaggeration. We're quite spoilt over here in the West, have an experienced mechanic on opelaus :o, found an installer yet Rory?

Nurb608
3rd September 2009, 02:56 PM
Yeah, i've got 2 places. Both have said max about 4 hrs. Will just come down to price now, might be able to get that down if I do my other stuff at the same time.

Apex
4th September 2009, 06:24 AM
Must be simple on the Opel, it’s a bugger of a job on the Megane, whole front sub frame needs to drop out, separate gearbox, pull gear box appart and then reverse the whole process :eek:

Was $1,840NZD Nurb :)

Nurb608
4th September 2009, 08:53 AM
Gees, it is alot more work on your car. Just need to get our car up on the hoist, remove the bottom part of the box, put the diff in and put it back together.

Nurb608
4th September 2009, 11:24 AM
Hopefully you guys have got an email with your tracking number from them now, if not, let me know. Mine gets here on the 9th if i trust Fedex's tracking site :D

mania
4th September 2009, 11:35 AM
No tracking number for me... but then again I have emailed the supplier before, they've written to me (even read the email over the phone) - yet it didn't appear in my inbox. Or junk email inbox. =/

Nurb608
4th September 2009, 11:50 AM
Hmmm, thats strange, Tim got his tracking number aswell :confused:

Did ya want me to chase it up for ya?

mania
4th September 2009, 12:12 PM
PM'd

poita
4th September 2009, 08:47 PM
Was $1,840NZD Nurb :)

so about $40Aus, not bad :p

kabel
4th September 2009, 10:52 PM
I have my tracking number

Due in Perth on the 9th.
Mania I guess yours would be the same.

Happy for you to have your install from Nigel first, I can wait. :cool:

mania
5th September 2009, 01:07 AM
Generous offer but I'm not going to be here next weekend :). If Nigel's free, might be a good time chance for you? Unless you want me to be the guinea pig :p

blueraven
5th September 2009, 08:42 AM
Kabel, Since you are in perth, the guys at Allstar grage (Sean & Nick) did alot of the work on my car and they have fitted a quaife diff to an opel before. Might want to give them a ring, they are renowned for their quality and their price was reasonable.

But If Nigel is the guy I think he is (green calibra?) he also pulled my gearbox apart when the synchro went kaboom, so i would also have complete faith in him. Plus i remember he had a hot missus, and thats got to count for something ;)

kabel
5th September 2009, 09:14 AM
Blueraven,
Nigel has the green Calibra.................

sadavidsriturbo
5th September 2009, 10:46 AM
Is anyone doing the clutch and flywheel while they are at it ????

I got rid of the dual mass for a solid lightened flywheel and have had the most annoying rattle, I have had 3 professional opinions about it and rang mark and they all have said its normal. grrrr:mad:

Nurb608
7th September 2009, 10:50 AM
Diff is on the truck coming out to me already :D

Alex,

Did you end up getting your tracking number? Mark said he sent it out to you.

kabel
7th September 2009, 08:39 PM

Alex,

Diff would be better suited to your Astra than on a TRUCK ! :D
Sorry low brow I know....but work was not full of laughs today.....

Nurb608
7th September 2009, 08:55 PM
lol, good call though. Bloody truck driver still has it, grrrrr. Atleast Tim got his today

mania
7th September 2009, 09:16 PM

Alex,

Nope! But I'm not fretting - nearly certain it's just the goblin that eats emails from Mark -> me again. Email must be in their system wrong or something =/

Nurb608
7th September 2009, 09:28 PM
Nope! But I'm not fretting - nearly certain it's just the goblin that eats emails from Mark -> me again. Email must be in their system wrong or something =/

I gave him your email again ;)

mania
7th September 2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks ;)

Nurb608
7th September 2009, 11:50 PM
OK, apparently my diff has arived. No idea how they droped it off considering the office closed at 5:30 and I love the signed by section.

Delivered

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking/track/images/detail/progress_delivered_ltr.gif
Initiated
Picked up
In transit
Delivered

Delivered

Signed for by:
.ILLEGIBLE

Better bloody be there when I get to work!!!

mania
8th September 2009, 12:00 AM
I admire your patience - I'd already be on my way to work if only so I could hold it a little sooner.

:o

Nurb608
8th September 2009, 12:03 AM
I admire your patience - I'd already be on my way to work if only so I could hold it a little sooner.

:o

lol, i was thinkin about it :p

tfbf
8th September 2009, 01:12 AM
Can any Sydneysiders recommend a transmission place to get my diff fitted into my vixer? Im in Manly on the northern beaches - but if they are good, quick, reliable and the price is right - will obviously travel 'over the bridge'.....
Any thoughts would be welcome at this stage....

mania
8th September 2009, 02:28 AM
The anticipation (http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62589) is killing me.

Good luck tfbf :)

Nurb608
8th September 2009, 09:03 AM
OK, investigation opened at my end to try and find my package. They said it was dropped off, I told them I have access to the shopping centre's cctv which clearly shows no delivery driver, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Crap way to start the day!

Greg K
8th September 2009, 10:23 AM
not good Rory!! surely,the delivery company would have a record of who they got to sign etc. (ie printed name)

sadavidsriturbo
8th September 2009, 10:34 AM
ok, investigation opened at my end to try and find my package. They said it was dropped off, i told them i have access to the shopping centre's cctv which clearly shows no delivery driver, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

wow!!!

mr corsa
8th September 2009, 11:11 AM
ask for a P.O.D (proof of delivery)

mr corsa
8th September 2009, 11:12 AM
Can any Sydneysiders recommend a transmission place to get my diff fitted into my vixer? Im in Manly on the northern beaches - but if they are good, quick, reliable and the price is right - will obviously travel 'over the bridge'.....
Any thoughts would be welcome at this stage....

do it yourself

mania
8th September 2009, 11:24 AM
OK, investigation opened at my end to try and find my package. They said it was dropped off, I told them I have access to the shopping centre's cctv which clearly shows no delivery driver, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

:yikes: that's crap beyond belief. Some Fedex driver has stolen your dif?

Nurb608
8th September 2009, 11:30 AM
They are going to send over the signiture for proof of delivery......once i get off bloody hold. Not a chance i'll be able to match it as it wasn't anyone in my office.

mania
8th September 2009, 11:33 AM
Fingers crossed for you Rory.

mr corsa
8th September 2009, 11:37 AM
The driver has got a random to sign it

Nurb608
8th September 2009, 11:47 AM
The driver has got a random to sign it

Yup, exactly my thinking :mad:

Lucky I've got survailance footage to show no deliveries at that time, although not liking my luck. Speeding fine and a lost diff in one day, definately not my week!

On a side note, any of you WA guys got yours yet?

mr corsa
8th September 2009, 12:04 PM
time to ring fedex fraud investigation

chrissn89
8th September 2009, 12:34 PM

Lucky I've got survailance footage to show no deliveries at that time, although not liking my luck. Speeding fine and a lost diff in one day, definately not my week!

Fedex might be using a contractor to deliver it to you. Normally in there tracking info it will say delivered and signed for, when they've passed it onto the contractor. I wouldnt be too worried just yet.

Ring up and ask to talk to the manger, escalating the issues always seems to work. The nice people that answer the phone can only basically see what you see on here website.

I had this happen to me with a set of wheels for my veccy. Turned up 2 days later, and they got delivered to our home address not my dads shop. Thats small towns for you.

Nurb608
8th September 2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah, i've been chatting to them already and also suggested that the driver pop out so he can remember who he delivered to yesterday.

Haven't cracked it with the people taking my calls as it's not their fault and would prefer them on my side :D

mania
8th September 2009, 02:35 PM
Apparently mine just arrived at home :cornut:

Best of luck Rory.

mr corsa
8th September 2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah, i've been chatting to them already and also suggested that the driver pop out so he can remember who he delivered to yesterday.

Haven't cracked it with the people taking my calls as it's not their fault and would prefer them on my side :D

wots the bet the fedex guy has rocked to the loading bay and got the 1st person he has seen and got them to sign for it

Nurb608
8th September 2009, 02:45 PM
wots the bet the fedex guy has rocked to the loading bay and got the 1st person he has seen and got them to sign for it

Very close.... just found it, dickhead delivered it to Centrelink!!! Mind you, had to find it myself :rolleyes:

mr corsa
8th September 2009, 02:46 PM
Very close.... just found it, dickhead delivered it to Centrelink!!! Mind you, had to find it myself :rolleyes:

maybe he swapped it for fortnightly cheque

kabel
8th September 2009, 08:27 PM

LS Diff be in Da House Rory ! ;)

Alex still happy for you to have Nigel install yours first.
I have a bit on with work over the next few weekends.

Nurb608
8th September 2009, 08:38 PM
Cool, think thats everyone now :D

poita
8th September 2009, 08:40 PM
woooop nice work mate!!

went oto centerlink hahahaha

mania
8th September 2009, 09:15 PM
LS Diff be in Da House Rory ! ;)

Alex still happy for you to have Nigel install yours first.
I have a bit on with work over the next few weekends.

Ok I'm happy to be the guinea pig ;). Car's having some Nigel time on the 19th.

Be sure to get your warranty forms off people - they need to land at quaife within 30 days of purchase date for it to be valid.

Nurb608
8th September 2009, 09:16 PM

Be sure to get your warranty forms off people - they need to land at quaife within 30 days of purchase date for it to be valid.

Didn't even think of the warranty card, thanks for the heads up :D

Nurb608
8th September 2009, 09:18 PM
woooop nice work mate!!

went oto centerlink hahahaha

Musn't have wanted to work for me :D

kabel
8th September 2009, 10:08 PM

Cool.
I will contact him tomorrow and book mine after that date.
Do you think a scanning the warranty card and e-mailing it would be valid ?

mania
8th September 2009, 10:35 PM
No idea - the included instructions seem pretty strict. They demand that it's posted back registered - they'll then regular mail you back confirmation. Perhaps give them a call and let us know what you find out?