PDA

View Full Version : European style...why not?

leon1982
14th September 2004, 03:38 AM
I'm wondering..why do car anthusiasts in Australia tend to modify their cars in "American sort of way"? what I mean be the "American way" is using graphics...airbrush...and any other radical thing..
Please don't get me wrong...I'm saying that Australians copy their style...but from my observation there are some similarities between Australian styling and American styling..

I know modifying cars very much depends on people's tastes...but it's good to know

To me...european style is the way to go..I havent seen veedubs or astras on Australian roads (Melbourne in particular) with wide deep-dished wheels and slammed...no bodykits (lips all around at the most)...I'd love to see one tho :) well I hope when I see it..it's gotta be mine..or should I say..I wish?? :)

kirssn
14th September 2004, 09:13 AM
because our engineering standards over here are easier to pass by going the 'american' route rather than the 'euro' route....

Anonymous
14th September 2004, 09:14 AM
this is true :P but as you can see we do style abit towards euro what with our opel badges, and bodykits we buy for there and such but there is only so much ones wallet can handle :P

leon1982
14th September 2004, 04:51 PM
this is true :P but as you can see we do style abit towards euro what with our opel badges, and bodykits we buy for there and such but there is only so much ones wallet can handle :P

I'm not particularly refering to this website of OPEL owners...but I'm talking about the general...I've been to several AUTOSALONs and from there I can see that Australian styling is pretty similar to American...with the bling2 wheels...airbrushed bodies etc etc..and some euro and jap style...

legality is an issue...yes..fair enough...anything else?

I've seen pics of european autoshows...they had quite a lot of nicely done up cars over there...

Anonymous
14th September 2004, 06:13 PM
ohhhhh i get you now, yea i guess its just the fact that it is easier to follow american path rather than the euro one :P what else can i say?

GOZOFF
14th September 2004, 06:22 PM
Well we get a lot of influence from there movies and stuff eg.Fast and the Furious and the games we play plus all the hot4s and fast fours mags always plaster pages of American Auto Shows on them so. Its not a suprize that we follow suit. :roll:

corsaboy
14th September 2004, 06:48 PM
Damn those Americans!

InsaneAsylum
14th September 2004, 08:24 PM
I think i've modified my car with tasteful european mods.. never been a fan of canon mufflers (cept on a jap turbo car), wings, stickers, neons, chrome rims etc. it's all crap as far as i'm concerned, but that's my opinion.

EGG80X
14th September 2004, 08:34 PM
mmmm dish

Blitzkrieg
15th September 2004, 11:30 PM
I don't really think that Chrome rims are American style because they are more performance orientated than us.

The whole sticker thing originated in Japan and is slowly creeping into our territories along with the whole 'drift' phase.

...but yeah the fast and the furious movie didn't help out at all.