PDA

View Full Version : Pc xp help

SSS_Hoon
22nd July 2009, 04:01 PM
hi, well i just did a windows update with the .net 3.5 framework on my pc, and well low n behold it wont load up now.

It boots gets to the windows log in screen select log in and it starts then after a few seconds turns itself off, and restarts. then comes up with select boot device or select any key press any key and it keeps doing the same thing over n over again.

Turn pc off and same thing again.

Now this happened b4 with 3.0.net and i did F8 safe mode system restore to before it and all was good.

Now this time i did safe mode (were i am typing this from) and system restore to b4 it and still the same thing it didnt fix it this time.

Now it wont let me do a system restore again from safe mode.

Unsure of what to try now, any ideas guys?

SSS_Hoon

ROCCO
23rd July 2009, 02:44 PM
I was going to suggest the safe mode restore but you've already tried that. Tried doing a restore from the disc?
I.e. put your XP disc into the drive boot off that and do a restore from that. Worst case you'll need to reinstall your programs but everything else should be fine. Still just backup things you want to keep just to be safe.

SSS_Hoon
23rd July 2009, 03:41 PM
stupid windows, keeps telling me i need .net framework 3.0 3.5 then this always happens twice now.

Think ill stick with .net 2.0 seems to work fine with that.

i ended up doing it the safe mode way but i had to sue my log in instead of admin log in for some reason.

SSS_Hoon

ROCCO
23rd July 2009, 09:00 PM
hey so long as its fixed thats all that matters