PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Opelaus

Banisher
20th July 2009, 01:00 PM
I've been on quite a few car related forums in the passed 6 or so years, usually the first thing I do before posting a thread for advice is to search for what I want before hand, so after searching the Astra section for 3 hours looking for advice on how to improve my headlights I didn't find anything that I actually wanted, all I really found was people talking about angel eye's, a direction I just don't want to go in.

So to post an advice needed thread only to have the owner close it and tell me to search for it in my opinion was just pathetic and childish, can only assume he'd had a bad day, but if that's the way it is here then I'll go elsewhere for advice in the future.

However, it was good to see a few things here like sort of organized day trips and forum meet up's.

Leave you all to it, thanks to anyone that I did manage to get advice from and hope you all enjoy and drive safely.

Banisher

alts
20th July 2009, 01:05 PM
That's a shame mate. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
See you back real soon :-)

Vectracious
20th July 2009, 01:07 PM
you mean to say you didnt find this thread....

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2903&highlight=narva+arctic+blue

or this thread

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12141&highlight=narva+arctic+blue

or this one

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11699&highlight=narva+arctic+blue

I'm sorry you feel offended that you were told to search for this info, but the topic has been covered several times.

MatsHolden
20th July 2009, 01:08 PM
Mate, don't take that as a personal attack.
It's just to keep the forums from being filled with threads of the exact same thing.

Poita was just suggesting use the search function as it's amazing how much easier it is to find what you're looking for.

Here's one thread that could help you. Took me 1 minute to locate that.

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16312&highlight=headlight+globes

EDIT: Too good Pete. :p

hazrd
20th July 2009, 01:12 PM
Hi mate,

First off... In no way am i taking sides here. I can only suggest that there is a possibility that when you performed your search, your parameters might not have been set correctly.

Bear in mind, that when it comes to headlights, this broadens beyond just the Astra. Searching in just the Astra area may not have had what you were after.

I performed a bit of a search myself. And found information on:

- HID's (High Intensity Discharge) conversions
- Angel eyes, which i understand wasnt an avenue you wanted to go down, but nonetheless, you did find something at least
- bulb upgrades, which in your original post here you have covered that you already have this
- headlight rejuvination

So in short, there is plenty of info here in regards to headlights and upgrades etc. so i wouldnt be calling an admin pathetic just because you were unable to find what you were after. Their job is to close threads like that because the owner has to pay for site costs which includes bandwidth usage. If he hadnt have closed it, there would have been a heap of extra posts that werent really needed as the info is already covered elsewhere.

I am sorry we did not have the info that you are after. Might i suggest you do a bit of a search on Google and see if you can get the results you need :)

Best of luck with your future endeavours.
Cheers

SSS_Hoon
20th July 2009, 04:43 PM
if u have been a few forums u know most forums will ask u to search first.

it is sad though.

SSS_Hoon

poita
20th July 2009, 06:03 PM
Good Luck :)

oneightoo
20th July 2009, 07:15 PM
hoo roo..

CNBLU
20th July 2009, 10:35 PM
Only 9 posts?

Thanks for your contribution buddy:rolleyes:

CDXIJET
21st July 2009, 12:23 AM
Arrrr Yawwwnnnnn!!! ZzzzazZzZzZzZzZ , What does he want a sorry card ,with any forum it's always a work in progress ,people have busy lifestyles and so forth ,I posted a How to for a Led change from Orange to Blue LED's in the AH interior and told users I'd be able to do them but have not had time to get around to it as I am busy ,everyone accepted the fact that I was to busy and got on with their lives just fine ..........I have not really seen anyone upset on this forum really that much at all ?????? I was a member of another well known forum that I won't disclose that was full of wank sticks and try hards..............

ChrisMaz
21st July 2009, 01:18 AM
Arrrr Yawwwnnnnn!!! ZzzzazZzZzZzZzZ , What does he want a sorry card ,with any forum it's always a work in progress ,people have busy lifestyles and so forth ,I posted a How to for a Led change from Orange to Blue LED's in the AH interior and told users I'd be able to do them but have not had time to get around to it as I am busy ,everyone accepted the fact that I was to busy and got on with their lives just fine ..........I have not really seen anyone upset on this forum really that much at all ?????? I was a member of another well known forum that I won't disclose that was full of wank sticks and try hards..............

I think theres a reason he's been on a few forums over the years....

Too bad. Hope you end up finding what your after.

PaulyJ
21st July 2009, 08:21 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't believe the fact that you've spent 3 hours searching OA and couldn't find a thing. Really there's not much on here we dont have.
Considering members found related threads within minutes proves the fact that although you've been on many car forums over the past 6 years or so, you actually don't know how to browse and use forums correctly.
Don't get pissed off at Admin doing their job in keeping OA organised, and removing re-posted topics like yours. Imagine if everyone did what you did, there'd be hundreds of threads posting the same crap. Information would be all over the place, and then people would be complaining.
As posted by others, the info is here.
Good luck. I'm sure your search tactics will provide more fruitless search results elsewhere.

mr corsa
21st July 2009, 08:28 AM
bye-bye

btm
21st July 2009, 08:31 AM
wow... what a send off :rolleyes:

Vectracious
21st July 2009, 10:14 AM
I agree btm - I think that will about do it.

Closed.