PDA

View Full Version : K&N Apollo CAI wierd noise

Manda88
19th July 2009, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone

Hoping someone can help me out...

ive recently installed a k&n apollo cai on my ah astra. it awesome appart from one thing. it makes a wierd noise when passing through 2500rpm to 3000rpm. it sounds like theres a hole in the exhaust or somthing like that. its not vibrating on anything as far as im aware as ive got it cable tied in pretty good and also got some soft velcro to take the shock out of the vibrations if there are any.

Does anyone elses do this? have i done something wrong in the install?

Thanks guys

tomtom
19th July 2009, 06:07 PM
is it like a high-pitched vibration noise? if it is, Ive got that too sometimes at certain throttle amounts etc and have no idea what it is :D.

Most likely vibration - even if cable ties feel tight they still have some movement...

OR

your engine breaking.

Post up a pic of your install.

Manda88
19th July 2009, 08:26 PM
thanks tomtom... when you say breaking do you mean like dying :(or stopping...coz it only happens when accelerating...

ill post pics when im home during the day so i can actually take some photos with light...:p

tomtom
19th July 2009, 08:37 PM
thanks tomtom... when you say breaking do you mean like dying :(or stopping...coz it only happens when accelerating...

ill post pics when im home during the day so i can actually take some photos with light...:p

breaking as in being destroyed.

that was also a joke lol. should be fine...*

*i dont guarantee this tho lol.