PDA

View Full Version : Resale Value Astra 2002 CD

jhopkau
13th September 2004, 10:58 AM
Just traded my 2002 Astra CD on a new VW Golf TDI. Wondering what sort of trade in value you think i should be getting for it. (Astra 2002 CD hatch, 5 speed, Traction/ABS, Electric Sunroof) I was quoted $15,000 for trade in on the Golf.

Benny-o
13th September 2004, 12:33 PM
for a trade-in that sounds as good as you're probably going to get. They'll probably mark it up a minimum of 2k.. private sale ofcourse you'll be able to get more, depends on the k's i guess.

17k would be nice though :D ! but again, depends on the millage.. For an extra 2k+ you could sell it private, you sure it's not worth the extra hassel?? I'm sure somebody on this forum would take care of the private sale for a bit of comission!!

jhopkau
13th September 2004, 12:43 PM
Thanks mate, i have decided to try and sell it privately for around $19,000 neg to see what happens since i have a 6-8 week wait for the new one. Car is listed on CarSales.com.au in Victoria and has done 38,000kms which is about average. If anyone is interested let me know.

Benny-o
13th September 2004, 12:59 PM
Nice, i woudln't think you'd have any problems selling it for 19k, i still see some listed in the trading post for 20+ without any mods.. I was speaking to my friend who works at holden (car sales) asking if they still accept plenty of astra's for trade-ins, he reakons they can't get enough of them all models.. I dunno, maybe a drive to a holden dealer see what they'll give you for it regardless of a trade-in, if you have problems selling it private anyway.

All the best with it, spend the extra 2k+ on mods!! :D !

found a link, I realise you've already done research but you might find it handy, even if it is an o/s link, but that's where the cars come from anyway!

http://www.transmitmedia.com/golfTDI/

you'll probably be able to drive all the way up / down the east cost with one of these!

jhopkau
21st September 2004, 09:43 AM
Just a short update. Sold the Astra for $18900. Took four days to sell and only one offer. :D Pretty good considering the original trade-in value.

Shazza
21st September 2004, 01:03 PM
hey mate that was a private sale was it?
thats a good price :)

jhopkau
22nd September 2004, 08:57 AM
Yeah it was a private sale and i am very happy with the price.

Mr T
24th September 2004, 02:13 PM
I think $15,000 is a bit light on, go to a couple of other VW dealers, see what they say. With those kays should be good for another $2K or so.