PDA

View Full Version : Vectra C GM Campaign Bulletin, Safety Recall.

brissypat
15th July 2009, 06:56 PM
Hey all, I was contacted by my GM Dealership (Motorama Springwood Brissy) on Monday to advise me of a safety recall for Manual only 05 Vectras, 6 & 4 Cyl. They are replacing the spring in the ratchet mechanism of the hand brake lever as it could fail and, A. not allow the hand brake to be released, or, B. disengage the hand brake while parked.
It might be worth while contacting your dealer if you own one to check if your Vectra could be affected.

Workin for the Weekends...:cornut:

Pat.

Jerram
15th July 2009, 09:07 PM
that'd be Chris Marriot I think

ChrisMaz
11th May 2011, 06:01 AM
Yes I have revived a very old thread, but didn't see it 2 years ago! :|

After finding this out on a Vectra C forum I thought I'd do a search. I have not been informed, nor to my knowladge has the car had the recall applied. I have contacted Holden HQ and will be contacting my local dealer when they open.

I must admit, the handbrake has never been very good. My last service they did tighten it, but as far as I know did not replace the ratchet.

ChrisMaz
11th May 2011, 04:51 PM
Just got a call back from Holden Customer service. This recall does apply to all Vectra C's, but was not applied to the vehicle... Even when it was serviced there. ****ing incompetant.