PDA

View Full Version : Hey ppl

SAopelgal
13th July 2009, 11:56 PM
Hey guys im new here, i might not have a fancy car but i sure love my little opel corsa.

Make: 1996 Opel Corsa

Engin: 1.4

Exterior: Newly sprayed front, back bumpers to casablancha white,
CSA R-SPEC Rims

Interior- Refurbished and resprayed dash to gloss white.

Under the hood: Not much, slowly progressing: K&N Air filter
: Conversion of manual to Auto gear system.

I havnt had much time to work on her.

All comments appreciated

MatsHolden
14th July 2009, 12:08 AM
Welcome. Nice clean B. Conversion from manual to auto? Don't do it! :p

Shay
14th July 2009, 12:18 AM
Welcome.

ugg-ugg
14th July 2009, 12:27 AM
i am new to the site too.welcome anyhow and it does'nt matter if its not big or sporty if you like the car thats all that counts...;)

btm
14th July 2009, 08:25 AM
welcome to the site!

Nurb608
14th July 2009, 09:11 AM
Welcome :D

Ash VXRoz
14th July 2009, 09:12 AM
Welcome fellow Opel lover!

btm
14th July 2009, 10:00 AM
oh, and is SA south australian, or south african?

Calibrated
14th July 2009, 10:29 AM
oh, and is SA south australian, or south african?
x2

Welcome :D

SAopelgal
14th July 2009, 02:09 PM
SA stands for South african hahaha born and bred there moved to south australia and now im going up to queensland next week so hopefully there is heaps to do up there.

Calibrated
14th July 2009, 02:17 PM
SA stands for South african hahaha born and bred there moved to south australia and now im going up to queensland next week so hopefully there is heaps to do up there.
where in SA? and where in brisbane are you moving to?

btm
14th July 2009, 03:18 PM
all sounds awefully familiar!! :D

auzvectra
14th July 2009, 05:54 PM
plenty to do in brissy, n more to do on the goldie :D.
welcome to the site, size doesnt matter it's the love of that does ;).

vectraguy01
14th July 2009, 06:41 PM
Welcome, another brizzy (well in a wk) member lol
N yes more to do on the goldie thats for sure :p

bender
14th July 2009, 07:59 PM
hello and welcome you'll have to come on the q;d cruise on the 26th if u got time :D

[OPCSRi]
14th July 2009, 08:00 PM
Welcome i'm a newbie here as well. Enjoy the site, i am so far.:D

Cheers

Steve [OPCSRi]

Brazza
14th July 2009, 08:17 PM
nooo don't go auto lol :p... what made you decide to do that?

+1 for coming on the cruise if you're up for it just after a big move.. if not, then next time's always good.

anyway, on to the point of this post. Welcome to opelaus :)

hazrd
14th July 2009, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the site :)

SAopelgal
15th July 2009, 03:05 AM
where in SA? and where in brisbane are you moving to?

Hey mmm its called goodna im lodging with the oldies for a while saves me some extra cash for a couple of months

SAopelgal
15th July 2009, 03:11 AM
Hahah as for changing the gearbox to auto it needed a new one so i got the auto transmission for free all i needed to get was the correct ECU so i got the last correct one in the whole of South australia :cool:.

I cant wait to go driving up ther mmm i was wondering does the cars have to go for yearly checks at the transport office over there?

I would love to go on the cruise see how everythin works out before i make any commitments thanks for the invite.

auzvectra
15th July 2009, 07:07 AM
nah, just for the initial rego, and if u cop a major defect it needs to be checked again ;).

Calibrated
15th July 2009, 08:25 AM
Hey mmm its called goodna im lodging with the oldies for a while saves me some extra cash for a couple of months
ah ok, only a 20-30min drive from brisbane.
and i'm doing the same haha. how long have you been over here?

simmy
15th July 2009, 09:29 AM
welcome to the site :)
its sooo cute :D

SAopelgal
15th July 2009, 09:52 AM
ah ok, only a 20-30min drive from brisbane.
and i'm doing the same haha. how long have you been over here?

Well i think at the end of august its gonna be three years. what bout u??

welcome to the site :)
its sooo cute :D

Thanx lol i love it when people get this confused face trying to figure out which type of car it is.

nah, just for the initial rego, and if u cop a major defect it needs to be checked again ;).

Coooool, i thought it had to be done every year if that was the case i was just gonna leave it as a south australian car and register it for three years. but now i dont have to.

Calibrated
15th July 2009, 10:00 AM
Well i think at the end of august its gonna be three years. what bout u??

feb 2007. so about 2 1/2 years now. where in SA are you from?

SAopelgal
15th July 2009, 02:39 PM
feb 2007. so about 2 1/2 years now. where in SA are you from?

I was located bout half an hours drive from Jo-burg close to pretoria no where near cape town . So english or afrikaans?

Ooh yeah before i forget thanx for the warm reception everyone.

Calibrated
15th July 2009, 03:29 PM
I was located bout half an hours drive from Jo-burg close to pretoria no where near cape town . So english or afrikaans?

Ooh yeah before i forget thanx for the warm reception everyone.
sort of near eldoraigne area?

bi-lingual ;)

SAopelgal
15th July 2009, 04:36 PM
sort of near eldoraigne area?

bi-lingual ;)

Not really more like a wildliife reserve haha nothin but trees. Rust De winter lived there for 17 years.

Clarky__SRi
15th July 2009, 06:20 PM
OMG!
Just realsed how many South Africans are on this forum...
Im one aswell!! :D Me and my Family had to move to the UK when i was 4, living close to Jo'burg meant getting burgaled almost weekly!

Welcome to the site :thumbs:
Slam a redtop in your Corsa B! Be bazerk! lol

Calibrated
15th July 2009, 09:09 PM
haha we are taking over

btm
16th July 2009, 03:10 PM
still yet to take over the shireite population :D

SAopelgal
17th July 2009, 01:04 AM
lol offcourse we are taking over first australia then the world mhuauhahahahahaha.

lol

man i want an astra for my next car they look like so much fun. :o

Ash VXRoz
17th July 2009, 07:42 AM
haha we are taking over

We should start our own SA to OZ Opel club :D!!

Clarky__SRi
17th July 2009, 08:04 AM
We should start our own SA to OZ Opel club :D!!

Haha :thumbs:

Calibrated
17th July 2009, 08:36 AM
haha www.saopelaus.com

SAopelgal
21st July 2009, 01:37 AM
Some more pics :)

SAopelgal
21st July 2009, 01:44 AM
If only u could get that body kit in australia

Shay
21st July 2009, 01:51 AM
im sure you could...

.... for the right price, ie, the wrong price ;)

simmy
21st July 2009, 08:12 AM
aww your from brisbane too! theres heaps of ppls from qld now.. its getting good!

i wanna go to bris one weekend and meet everyone i havent met :D

btm
21st July 2009, 08:33 AM
looks a bit too much like a charade in that sketch

Calibrated
21st July 2009, 08:52 AM
these guys can bring that kit in for you

http://www.autoparis.com.au/

Danilicious
23rd July 2009, 01:56 PM
welcome to the site, hope you enjoy ur time and dont be shy to come out on a few cruises i know a few ppl have said it already but come on sunday if u can...nice tidy car and the point is u love ur car thats all that matters..going Auto? never heard that someone wanted to do that but im far from gonna say n e thing as i have an auto hehe

OMG DONT DO IT lol, i use to live in redbank plains (which is next to goodna) then brought a house in bellbird park which is closer to goodna u would prolly drive near it without knowing) but i left my partner so not living there, shame could have had another opel girl near me hehe

SAopelgal
23rd July 2009, 11:48 PM
Ok thisss is how its is ppl,

Little snowflake has already had a Manual to Auto change done on her.

It took me and the old man two days to put the gearbox and thingies in but took us 3 weeks just to work out the electronics ( all we needed was the correct ECU since the 1994-1998 Models have 13 Different Manual ECU's and the Automatic has 3 different ECU's- mmm the haynes manual never ever mention it in theyre book ) since my model is the base model so had to install lots of new goodies.

I would strongly recommend that no one tries to do the change over its like going to hell and back.

i think i had over 200 coffees that month and i spent lots of monies since i had to get a brand new (the only one in adelaide left) heavy duty radiator i had to use my charm to get a bit off the price paid $200 for it instead of $260 god i love being a girl. :)

So the next goodies i am lookin at when i get to brissy is:

Lowering her a bit just a wee bit above legal
Finding a GSI model(stealing the spoilers front and back bars and side skirts sanding them down and respraying to casablancha white then fitting them to snowflake)

Changing snowflake over from being lamo to a GSI.

I am also busy with the interior respraying the dash white.
I am saving my money for some angel eyes (so if anyone knows where i can get them cheap pls let me know)

I am then thinkin of gettin the popout sunroof.

All this will be done in due time and when i can find a GSI Corsa up in brissy.

Since i am planning to have her for atleast 5 years i thought i might aswell make her look good.

She will get a total respray on her too as soon as i can confince my old man that it neccesary to have a car without scratches damn you old ladies and your car doors.

cya
Chris

Shay
24th July 2009, 02:02 AM
id speak to cholly, she might be getting rid of her car (if she hasnt already) and had some nice angel eyes and LED taillights, might do a swap with you.

Calibrated
24th July 2009, 07:48 AM
id speak to cholly, she might be getting rid of her car (if she hasnt already) and had some nice angel eyes and LED taillights, might do a swap with you.
THIS

and i have a set of eyelids from my old corsa lying around somewhere. as for GSi parts, i would rather find a wrecked on in SA, because aus didnt get leather or the nice bumpers ;)

SAopelgal
24th July 2009, 09:24 AM
THIS

and i have a set of eyelids from my old corsa lying around somewhere. as for GSi parts, i would rather find a wrecked on in SA, because aus didnt get leather or the nice bumpers ;)

Haha yeah SA always has the better models might get gramps to see what he can do for me over there might be able to get one shipped over mmm shipping costs.

And i would love to buy any parts of anyone who doesnt need them even if the need some TLC i dont mind hard work.

boorny88
24th July 2009, 04:50 PM
Hey welcome i'm new here to hope your enjoying it i am nice little beep beep there very clean

auzvectra
24th July 2009, 06:35 PM
just so u know too, the rear bar is the same on the gsi ;), and only till and inc 95 did they get the front bar on the gsi, not sure bout the side skirts but.

rodsfromday
25th July 2009, 10:19 AM
Hey welcome!! another 1 up for RSA!!

Ash VXRoz
25th July 2009, 10:33 AM
You mean welcome fellow SAOpelaus member! :D

phatmax
25th July 2009, 07:34 PM
Welcome to OA mate.

SAopelgal
26th July 2009, 06:52 PM
Hey yeah i know the rear bars the same im gonna chop and change it and keep my other one as a spare.

auzvectra
26th July 2009, 08:27 PM
k, just thought i beta mention seems u said grab the front n rear ;).

SAopelgal
26th July 2009, 10:22 PM
hehe no worries, anyone wanna wash my car ...:D

Calibrated
26th July 2009, 10:25 PM
hehe no worries, anyone wanna wash my car ...:D
get yourself to brisbane 1st ;)

SAopelgal
26th July 2009, 10:34 PM
yeah she would probably be full of insect by the time i get there.

Valve Bounce
11th August 2009, 05:38 PM
Welcome ......

from another South African :p