baricallo

RB FTW

Ice
13th July 2009, 12:17 AM
and after a time penalty ! awesome.....

lewis who ?

Greg K
13th July 2009, 07:54 AM
'bout bloody time!!! I did feel sorry for the bloke after struggling to finish races a few years back!!

Glad he didnt throw in the towel!

Go Webber!

DirtyHarry
13th July 2009, 08:16 AM
yeah good on him...but maybe he should think about retiring....better to go out on top i say..especially after 130 races....
if he truely was a great driver hed be winning more races no matter what car or team his with.

Nurb608
13th July 2009, 08:38 AM
yeah good on him...but maybe he should think about retiring....better to go out on top i say..especially after 130 races....
if he truely was a great driver hed be winning more races no matter what car or team his with.

Bit harsh i reckon. There are alot of good drivers in Formula One but if you dont have the right car underneath you and a good team doing everything right in the background then you have no chance, the competition is too close not to have it all working perfectly. You just have to look at what the colder weather has done to Braun.

SKM_87
13th July 2009, 08:53 AM
look at lewis

btm
13th July 2009, 09:24 AM
epic first win

how ecstatic was he when he won. team radio was hilarious

ROCCO
13th July 2009, 09:54 AM
After 8 years of trying and 130 odd starts finally he wins one...well done....watch the media run with this for the next 2 weeks...and watch all those aussies that don't follow him jump on the band wagon now...its one race win...wait till the end of the season see whre he is then... ffs....its only one race win...see wht happens next year when all cars are back on even weights....not have half the teams running KERS and the rest not...80KG weight difference just there....

Wraith
13th July 2009, 10:06 AM
Well done Mark Webber - after almost a decade he deserves this :clap:

Although it's only a race win, it will do lots for Australian recognition in F1 :)

gslrallysport
13th July 2009, 12:43 PM
if he truely was a great driver hed be winning more races no matter what car or team his with.Yeah, cause putting a Jaguar on the front row next to Shumi doesn't count...

.. and Lewis is doing soooooo well this year in a sub standard car. :rolleyes:

In a sport where 1sec is now covering the top 16, if you're not in the best or second best car, you're not going to win. Word.

gmonkey
13th July 2009, 12:52 PM

+1

i remember reading last year that his engineers quoted it was his driving style that was breaking cars last year, no matter how many warnings they told him to drop his revs and conserve the engine he would always over push the car.. to me thats not a good driver..

i give it to him but trying to make vettel get a higher position at the end, good teamwork by him.

gslrallysport
13th July 2009, 01:00 PM
i remember reading last year that his engineers quoted it was his driving style that was breaking cars last year, no matter how many warnings they told him to drop his revs
I would LOVE to see that in writing. I'm pretty keen to know how you can over rev an engine that was designed to rev to 20k, then got limited by the control ECU to 18k... It won't down change if it will put it above 18k, and won't rev past there on a flat shit. Considering that all of the current engines were designed to rev to 20k and development frozen, now get excluded from the race if they break the 18k mark, I find it pretty hard to beleive that an engineer as said he's over revving the engines... This isn't V8 Supertaxi's we're talking about. :rolleyes:

PaulyJ
13th July 2009, 01:11 PM
Good on him!
So happy he finally won!

Rond
13th July 2009, 01:11 PM
its great to see him finally win a race - also good to see him in a car that doesnt break down all the time. when he moved from jaguar to red bull i was wondering if his poor luck with cars would continue or not. hopefully he can continue and beat vettell or button at the end of the year

MatsHolden
13th July 2009, 02:11 PM
its great to see him finally win a race - also good to see him in a car that doesnt break down all the time. when he moved from jaguar to red bull i was wondering if his poor luck with cars would continue or not. hopefully he can continue and beat vettell or button at the end of the year

Didn't he go from Williams to Red Bull?

Was a fantastic race last night.

gmonkey
13th July 2009, 02:13 PM
Didn't he go from Williams to Red Bull?

Was a fantastic race last night.

yep he was.. i thought he was in minardi for a while to, or was that talk that he was going to be forced into them after jags withdrawl?

gslrallysport
13th July 2009, 02:24 PM
He started in Minardi, then moved to Jag, then to Williams (against Flavio's advice) then back to Red Bull (Jaguar)...

Rond
13th July 2009, 02:51 PM
my bad, forgot about williams. i thought jaguar had completely left the sport, didnt realise they still had an interest in f1.

gslrallysport
13th July 2009, 02:54 PM
my bad, forgot about williams. i thought jaguar had completely left the sport, didnt realise they still had an interest in f1.
Jag (Ford) left when Red Bull bought the team.

ROCCO
13th July 2009, 03:32 PM
Who cares...I still think he is crap...until you have Won a World Championship there really isn't much to talk about.
Everyone jumps on the WEBBER bandwagon when he wins a race...I personally couldn't give a toss...what counts is where he is at the end of the season...personally I think 4th is as far as he is going to get.
Next year Ferrari and McLaren will be back and webber will be fighting for dead last again with the Torro Rosso cars, F1 America and the other new one coming

sooty
13th July 2009, 03:43 PM
what counts is where he is at the end of the season...personally I think 4th is as far as he is going to get.

Funny, seeing as he's 3rd already...;)

nuggz
13th July 2009, 03:53 PM
Funny, seeing as he's 3rd already...;)

oH sNAP! :lol:

Congratulations Mark, i've been waiting a long time to see this :D

poita
13th July 2009, 03:55 PM
if he was a shit driver they would of kicked him out of F1 a long time ago.

good on him.

gslrallysport
13th July 2009, 04:13 PM
Who cares...I still think he is crap...until you have Won a World Championship there really isn't much to talk about.
Well neither have have the two drivers ahead of him in the championship...

what counts is where he is at the end of the season...personally I think 4th is as far as he is going to get.haha... I don't need to repeat what's been said above... :D

Next year Ferrari and McLaren will be back and webber will be fighting for dead last again with the Torro Rosso cars, F1 America and the other new one comingThere's actually 2 others coming, and considering Red Bull still have the easily most respected designer in the entire paddock your ignorance is pretty bliss to thinking that MaLaren and Ferrari will automatically be back at the top. You might like to take a History lesson on Ferrari if you think they've been at the top of F1 their entire career. McLaren build a good motor, and indeed will be powering Webber and Vettel next year, but they can't even figure out why their car is stalling at high speed... :rolleyes:

ROCCO
13th July 2009, 04:35 PM
He is running third this year against a field of cars that are running upto 80kg heavier due to KERS...oh please...as I said get the teams on even weights and see what happens....I bet you all...it would be either ferrari or Mclaren 1, 2, 3 and 4 then the other teams.
HE HAS ONLY WON ONE RACE....NOT THE CHAMPIONSHIP...THE DNF KING WILL FAIL NEXT RACE I PROMISE YOU THIS....hell he almost failed this race trying to wipe out Lewis and Rubens...at least when schue did it he didn't make it so obvious....win 10 championships then we can talk...hell win one championship and i'll be the first to congratulate him...

Rond
13th July 2009, 04:52 PM
schumacher was an unbelievable driver with an amazing car - if you have a car that constantly fails how are you meant to win a race? if all cars were even then there would be a greater spread of drivers winning rather a small number of drivers that have reliable cars that out perform the others.

as said earlier, if webber was a crap driver he would not be in f1 anymore. give the guy a break

gslrallysport
13th July 2009, 04:58 PM
He is running third this year against a field of cars that are running upto 80kg heavier due to KERS...oh please...as I said get the teams on even weights and see what happens....
Is this a joke, or do you actually not have a clue what you're talking about? :confused:

Shay
13th July 2009, 06:44 PM
Is this a joke, or do you actually not have a clue what you're talking about? :confused:

lol yeah...
the KERS cars also have a extra 80 hp (or kw?) when they need it.
how is that not fair?
also it is their choice to use it.
if they didnt think they could win with it none of them would have it in.

ROCCO i think you need a reality check...
and also most of us arent jumping on now.
look back in the "New F1 Rules" thread, we were defending him at the start of the season too.

xplosv57
13th July 2009, 06:46 PM

I'm going with no clue.......

Although i don't go for Red Bull, was good to see Webber finally get one up and to hear the Aussie national anthem at an F1 podium!!!

Also makes for an exciting second half of the year with Red Bull and Ferrari making some vast improvements and Brawn having an already great car and next few races suited to their warmer climate setup!!!

And as much as i like his driving, it's great to see King Lewis' cockiness disappear!!

gslrallysport
13th July 2009, 08:54 PM
I'm going with no clue......
That's the conclusion I came to. Kers cars weigh EXACTLY THE SAME AS NON-KERS cars. The kers system weighs 30-35kg, and your average F1 car has between 25-45kg ballast in it, which they need to have to adjust for the drivers weight, as minimum weight is 620kg car AND DRIVER.

Having a wild stab in the dark, I'd say Mr bandwagon has got on the 'bandwagon' because of all this F1 talk, gone to F1.com, seen the published qualifying weights, and had no idea what they meant...

ROCCO
13th July 2009, 09:40 PM
lol...rallysport you make me laugh...all i'm saying is that so many people jump on the webber band wagon and think they know...truth is they have no freaking idea at all. i've been a follower of the sport for more than 10 years so I think I have "an idea". So I got my figures mixed up so what everyone makes mistakes no one is perfect. As for webber all i'm saying is yeah its great he got a win but its no need to go treating it as a championship win...far from it... So far i've herd that tomorrow morning three radio stations are going to be interviewing mark....WTF for...so he won a race...his team mate has one more than that you don't hear him on the radio do you?
And why when i say he isn't such a great driver do people turn and say...ohh its not him its his car....phft...what about Massa...we all know he has a piece of shit car this season but to put it ont he podium now thats skill...
the amount of times i've seen webber fark it up now...including almost doing it again last night is quite worrying...the amount of DNFs that guy has is unusually high don't you think??
While we are talkig about f1.com its actually quite a shit website...I prefer to get my info from f1-live.com

MatsHolden
13th July 2009, 09:56 PM
his team mate has one more than that you don't hear him on the radio do you?

Probably because he's not Australian.....

Shay
13th July 2009, 10:57 PM
Probably because he's not Australian.....

first australian win in over 20 years...
not like its an often thing rocco.

gslrallysport
14th July 2009, 08:34 AM
his team mate has one more than that you don't hear him on the radio do you?
He didn't have to wait 8 years for it...

While we are talkig about f1.com its actually quite a shit website
That we can agree on! :p

ROCCO
14th July 2009, 09:21 AM
first australian win in over 20 years...
not like its an often thing rocco.

I think you'll find its actually closer to 30 years that 20 years...not that i'm counting or anythng. Last win by an aussie was Alan Jones in 81..now he is someone that deserves some credit...a real driver....no computer aids or KERS...just man and machine...Large Engines and butt loads of power