PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen a modified Cruze?

BEK-46P
12th July 2009, 11:18 PM
These things are growing on me!

With some mods, I'm thinking they could be very sexy.

darkirv
12th July 2009, 11:27 PM
i reckon they look pretty good... are they fwd.. id defiently make my girlfreind get one of they where rwd :)

ASTRAY
12th July 2009, 11:51 PM
i like them too, but have a good look at the guards, the metal underneath is only 3 mm wide! lean on it and itll crease!

chrissn89
13th July 2009, 12:07 AM
i like them too, but have a good look at the guards, the metal underneath is only 3 mm wide! lean on it and itll crease!

:yikes::eek::( Jay you should know never to lean on or touch a car other than the door handle and even then most people get it wrong :mad:

MatsHolden
13th July 2009, 12:29 AM

3mm is thick when it comes to sheet metal...

MatsHolden
13th July 2009, 12:30 AM

Won't be any modified yet in Aus. They only just went on sale.

The Cruze is getting very good reviews. (Much to the dissapointment of the GMDAT haters) But if you want to see something really good, wait for Holden's design of their small car.

Shay
13th July 2009, 12:38 AM
the touring car one looks AWESOME

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/2009-chevrolet-cruze-wtcc-front-rac.jpg
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/2009-chevrolet-cruze-wtcc-side-view.jpg
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/SMNR_newCruze.jpg
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/chevrolet_cruze_wtcc_car_images_2.jpg
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/cruze-wtcc-marrakech_04.jpg

chrissn89
13th July 2009, 12:54 AM
very bulk love it. I think this car will be good :) Just needs an engine with a little go. Like a 190Kw 2ltr turbo 4cyl or a 2.8ltr v6 TT all-wheel-drive or rear wheel drive......

Ice
13th July 2009, 08:25 AM
very bulk love it. I think this car will be good :) Just needs an engine with a little go. Like a 190Kw 2ltr turbo 4cyl or a 2.8ltr v6 TT all-wheel-drive or rear wheel drive......

haha OK !

had a look at some cruze's on the weekend and they are not bad although the top of the line model has way to much chrome inside it.....it looks so American and was terrible.

Keep'emRunning
13th July 2009, 09:11 AM
..from a write-up in one of the w/end papers it says it has the vvt version of the z18? For a family sized car, that poor engine will be wringed to death to keep up with other similiar sized cars.

Should have made at least a 2.2 or V6 as std options.. even the mazda 6 gets a 2.3.

glider
13th July 2009, 09:21 AM
isn't it meant to be the small car replacement for the viva/astra? only makes sense to offer in smaller engines

i wonder if there'll be a greenbox or similar developed for the tractor version... hmm

btm
13th July 2009, 09:28 AM
touring car pics look pretty damn good!

ROCCO
13th July 2009, 09:46 AM
jesus christ...I just made a mess in my pants....I love that touring car

Wraith
13th July 2009, 10:14 AM

Kind of agree...growing on me too :)

Freind of mine picks hers up in about a week and a half, don't think she'll be modding at all, but I'm wanting to check it out...

immenotu
13th July 2009, 11:39 AM
My gf has just bought one in moroccan blue, should have it next monday :)

I was extremely surprised at the quality of it when i went for a test drive, very nice especially for the price!

I wouldn't call it a 'fast' car, but it's not trying to be (I wouldn't call it slow either). It was very smooth to drive and the gearchanges felt great (didn't try the semi-auto, only the manual). Seats are quite comfortable and the whole interior looks and feels like it belongs in a much more expensive car.

I can't wait to drive it, if I can prize the keys out of my gf's hand :p lol...

PS...there are plans for window tint and 18's at some point too :D

mania
13th July 2009, 12:20 PM
The 1.4L direct injected turbo engine is supposed to be coming soonish, probably to the later models of the Aussie version.

hazrd
13th July 2009, 01:31 PM
i like them

and i can see the aesthetic modding potential in them for sure

Shay
13th July 2009, 01:37 PM
i like them

and i can see the aesthetic modding potential in them for sure
starting with taillights,
their worst feature IMO

Wraith
13th July 2009, 02:37 PM
My gf has just bought one in moroccan blue, should have it next monday :)

I was extremely surprised at the quality of it when i went for a test drive, very nice especially for the price!

I wouldn't call it a 'fast' car, but it's not trying to be (I wouldn't call it slow either). It was very smooth to drive and the gearchanges felt great (didn't try the semi-auto, only the manual). Seats are quite comfortable and the whole interior looks and feels like it belongs in a much more expensive car.

I can't wait to drive it, if I can prize the keys out of my gf's hand :p lol...

PS...there are plans for window tint and 18's at some point too :D

Agree with above from what I've seen so far...

It's definitely NOT a performance car, nor is it trying to be one, so people shouldn't look at it in that way, it's just a nice medium sized normal DD vehicle :)

The price range with the top end spec ain't that cheap though ! the one my freind purchased cost just over 29k on road, that is with all the bells and whistles and in auto (petrol model)...

I'm going to try and get a test drive of the TDi and see how well that variant stacks up :)

poita
13th July 2009, 03:24 PM
Won't be any modified yet in Aus. They only just went on sale.

The Cruze is getting very good reviews. (Much to the dissapointment of the GMDAT haters) But if you want to see something really good, wait for Holden's design of their small car.

pics :p

nah i know anything you say could probably get you fired (maybe?)

it better be good, i will hold you to it :p :p

mania
13th July 2009, 03:45 PM
Apparently the hatchback version?

Should fix those tail lights anyway :)

kabel
13th July 2009, 09:09 PM
Plenty of Cruze Touring Car pics about.
http://media.gm.com/eur/chevrolet/en/wtcc/press/index.html

http://www.tc2000chevrolet.com.ar/content_data/LAAM/AR/es/GMAGBP/microsite/chevrolet/TC2000/site/default.html?referrer=&pdcmp=

http://media.gm.com/eur/chevrolet/en/wtcc/press/index.html

So is the Cruze an interim model until Holden release their own small car built here ?
And will HSV give it a once over ?
Or will HSV continue to import the VXR range as a stand alone model ?

dieselhead
13th July 2009, 09:18 PM
Get the Diesel version, tune the engine to 150 kW and see it fly :) The engine should be quite similar to the one Opel and Vauxhall use in their devs.
I think it has about the same weight as my Astra, therefore in that in that state of tune would shock a lot of bogans when taking off at the lights.
Good thing about it is that if sold in the States by the millions, a lot of parts and tuning stuff would be available at dumping prices!

No use to keep lusting after the Astra I. This Cruze, after all, might prove to be a reasonable alternative.

MatsHolden
13th July 2009, 09:39 PM
pics :p

nah i know anything you say could probably get you fired (maybe?)

it better be good, i will hold you to it :p :p

haha nah I haven't seen anything massively revealing. Just the boys there are doing a good job. ;)

MatsHolden
13th July 2009, 09:58 PM
For those interested in the WTCC Chevrolet Cruze...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oexKYGxD884&feature=related

poita
13th July 2009, 10:07 PM
speaking of, its on FOX2 right now

massive crash on front straight, bmw got demoslied,

red flag first lap lol

dieselhead
13th July 2009, 10:10 PM
So, how's the Cruze doing? I don't have Fox, always thought Rupert is rich enough already :)

poita
13th July 2009, 10:13 PM
2nd and 5th

mixing it up with some tdi seat's

milestones54
22nd July 2009, 09:50 PM
Is it just me or is it not really a "small car"?
Pretty sexy though

MatsHolden
22nd July 2009, 09:52 PM
Is it just me or is it not really a "small car"?
Pretty sexy though

It's Astra size. So small car.

DirtyHarry
22nd July 2009, 10:18 PM
went to parra the other day to have a look at the cruze...
have to say the chrome speedo rings on the top of the line model look cheap and tacy.
i was also suprised the dealer didnt even have the diesel in stock to take it for a test drive.
id be somewhat interested if i could take it for a drive.

dieselhead
22nd July 2009, 10:33 PM
Don't do it, do not touch that Diesel. I have driven a demo Astra CDTI for a weekend, enough to make me sign for my own within days ;)

ChrisMaz
22nd July 2009, 11:48 PM
I must admit. These "tacky" Korean pieces of crap are growing on me....

rjastra
23rd July 2009, 07:17 AM
It's Astra size. So small car.

Its the size of the Vectra B... was that considered a small car?

Wraith
23rd July 2009, 08:23 AM

Agree...

Seen it myself and definitely a 'mid' size car...

But then all cars that used to be small cars are now mid size cars, as this trend of ever increasing size with each new model continues...

Lets see if the new new model Commodore will grow further in size, it'll end up being like the yanks tanks of the 70's all over again :rolleyes:

Wraith
23rd July 2009, 08:25 AM
Don't do it, do not touch that Diesel. I have driven a demo Astra CDTI for a weekend, enough to make me sign for my own within days ;)

:confused:

I don't get the above...you already have an Astra CDTi ??

Or are you talking about the new model - we're not getting it here in Aust. ??

ASTRAY
23rd July 2009, 03:53 PM
dunno if he is full of shit or not, but a workmate said there was one of the new commodores infront of work today, he reckons its about a foot shorter....

JohnBu
23rd July 2009, 04:53 PM
dunno if he is full of shit or not, but a workmate said there was one of the new commodores infront of work today, he reckons its about a foot shorter....

He may be right.

It looks to be a foot shorter at the front and a foot longer at the back :D

MatsHolden
23rd July 2009, 05:39 PM

What's the point of comparing it to a model that was in the market 10+ years ago?

Not as big as a current mid size car such as the Ford Mondeo.

In the current market, it's a small car. Have a look at something like a Mazda 3... it's the size of a Vectra B too, yet it's a small car.

Red AH SRI T
23rd July 2009, 07:16 PM
i was also suprised the dealer didnt even have the diesel in stock to take it for a test drive.
id be somewhat interested if i could take it for a drive.

Thats because the Cruze is sold out til end of September

DirtyHarry
23rd July 2009, 08:02 PM
still youd think you would have one as a demo car. whats the point of trying to sell something if you cant see what your buying.

but seriously these korean cars..i wonder if they are "single serving cars"
meaing..you drive them for 3 years and throw away...then in 3 years its a different model/car all together.

[OPCSRi]
23rd July 2009, 08:50 PM
the touring car one looks AWESOME

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/2009-chevrolet-cruze-wtcc-front-rac.jpg
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/2009-chevrolet-cruze-wtcc-side-view.jpg
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/SMNR_newCruze.jpg
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/chevrolet_cruze_wtcc_car_images_2.jpg
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/cruze-wtcc-marrakech_04.jpgThis bodykit will look awsome on the street.:cool:

Shay
23rd July 2009, 09:00 PM
;459724']This bodykit will look awsome on the street.:cool:

good luck with that!

[OPCSRi]
23rd July 2009, 09:01 PM
good luck with that!Anything is possible Shay.:D

Shaun
24th July 2009, 06:53 AM
The Cruze looks the goods i think. GMDAT have had developed the car and Holden have had a huge input to the development. I do recall saying some time ago that the GMDAT products would get better with time though but was shot down many times for saying it.

Best colour IMO is red.

Wraith
24th July 2009, 08:29 AM
What's the point of comparing it to a model that was in the market 10+ years ago?

Not as big as a current mid size car such as the Ford Mondeo.

In the current market, it's a small car. Have a look at something like a Mazda 3... it's the size of a Vectra B too, yet it's a small car.

This is true, car scales have crept up...

However the new Mazda 3 sedan is alot bigger than the old Vecce B...having checked them out, it even seems bigger in height and width than the previous Mazda 6...

A new Ford Mondeo is about the same size as a VT-VZ Commodore, except slightly shorter, but a bit taller...I was in a Ford showroom 2 weeks ago checking out the FPV XR6T and XR8's and spotted the top model Mondeo, but at 1st thought it was a Falcon...it's about the same size, in fact AFAIK the Mondeo is now classed as a 'large family car'...

The majority of the current small car class market are definitely 'big' small cars, you have to go to say a Nissan Micra to get a proper small car but even that car is taller or nearly as tall as a large class car...

One would think that the constant growth in size has to stop at somepoint...

Wraith
24th July 2009, 08:36 AM
The Cruze looks the goods i think. GMDAT have had developed the car and Holden have had a huge input to the development. I do recall saying some time ago that the GMDAT products would get better with time though but was shot down many times for saying it.

Best colour IMO is red.

Makes sense, GMH would have to improve them for successful future business if they are to become it's core products, replacing all of its Opels...hopefully we some even better models in the future...

Also agree on your colour choice, IMHO 'chilli red' is by far the best colour on this new Cruze, although I also like that very light silvery blue 'iced blue' colour...

kabel
24th July 2009, 09:32 PM
Spotted a red Cruze on the road today, they look fine.
Much better than the Epica and Barina.
But GMH has become a one trick pony over the last few years.

daiflu
6th August 2009, 08:19 AM
A SRi Cruze is coming ;)

Wraith
6th August 2009, 08:39 AM
A SRi Cruze is coming ;)

More details please - what is its spec ??

One thing I know or have found out is that in approx. 12-18 months the Cruze will be built/assembled locally and not fully imported !!!

This does raise the question - will they be better or worse if this happens ???

It may be a Daewoo, but their production standard and quality control is very good ATM with their more recent products...

rjastra
6th August 2009, 09:18 AM
A SRi Cruze is coming ;)

How about they slot the 3L 190kw V6 under the bonnet :)

More likely a 1.4L turbo version I suppose. As long as they match the SP25/Golf 118TSi outputs it should do fine.

Wraith
6th August 2009, 12:50 PM
^^^^ If you want more performance from a Cruze - just buy the oiler 110kw / 320nm ;)

I'm sure there'll be a 'greenbox' type tune upgrade available as well eventually...

Unless an Sri variant has something good (at least a 1.8ltr petrol turbo or a 3.0ltr V6 which is highly doubtful) the oiler would be better...

MatsHolden
6th August 2009, 06:23 PM
One thing I know or have found out is that in approx. 12-18 months the Cruze will be built/assembled locally and not fully imported !!!

Holden are spending $600 million dollars on their own hatch version which will be built along side the Cruze sedan in South Australia.
Basically much the same as Opel have done with the Astra. They've built a car that has a completely different look and feel yet based on the same platform as the Cruze.
The hatch is expected to sit as a more upmarket car than the Cruze sedan.

So the $600 million is full on new car considering they spent just over $1 Billion on the VE Commodore.

Looking forward to it.

xplosv57
6th August 2009, 06:24 PM
Except that 1 billion they spent on the VE really didn't show much in terms of quality, and they carried over old engines.......... so to design an all new car on a smaller budget, i'm not expecting much!!

glider
6th August 2009, 06:26 PM
I wonder if they'll carry over the engine in the corsa or the barina perhaps? Or have they stated new engine as well?

MatsHolden
6th August 2009, 06:28 PM
Except that 1 billion they spent on the VE really didn't show much in terms of quality, and they carried over old engines.......... so to design an all new car on a smaller budget, i'm not expecting much!!

You're forgetting that $1 Billion included the development of an entire platform from the ground up.

The platform they will be using for their own small car already exists... so $600 Million without having to spend it on the development of a new platform...

MatsHolden
6th August 2009, 06:30 PM
I wonder if they'll carry over the engine in the corsa or the barina perhaps? Or have they stated new engine as well?

Rumours of Opels new 1.4L Turbo for Holden's hatch.

xplosv57
6th August 2009, 06:30 PM
You're forgetting that $1 Billion included the development of an entire platform from the ground up.

The platform they will be using for their own small car already exists... so $600 Million without having to spend it on the development of a new platform...

Well fingers crossed the $600 million has a few dollars thrown at using some quality materials!!!!

Red AH SRI T
6th August 2009, 07:31 PM
Well fingers crossed the $600 million has a few dollars thrown at using some quality materials!!!!

If the quality of the Oz built Cruze is the same as the sedan then everyone should be happy. Its very well put together.

MatsHolden
6th August 2009, 07:34 PM
If the quality of the Oz built Cruze is the same as the sedan then everyone should be happy. Its very well put together.

Think xplosv was refering the the use of materials in the Commodore...

Red AH SRI T
6th August 2009, 07:41 PM
Think xplosv was refering the the use of materials in the Commodore...

oh yeah, it would be nice if they made them out of nicer plastic

MatsHolden
6th August 2009, 07:47 PM
oh yeah, it would be nice if they made them out of nicer plastic

Noticed the difference of plastic quality between earlier VE's and later ones. The earlier ones being better quality plastics due to a different supplier at the time.

xplosv57
6th August 2009, 08:22 PM
youre right Mat, early ve's got decent stuff but somehow that company went belly up and later ones got cut price gear and plastics for previous commodores were hard to come by!