PDA

View Full Version : An "advertising" thing...

Kudrow
8th July 2009, 09:14 PM
Yes, that's right, it's an "advertising" thing but...

OpelAus is on Twitter! Follow OpelAus at www.twitter.com/opelaus (http://www.twitter.com/opelaus).

Kudrow
8th July 2009, 09:18 PM
P.S. The Twitter referrer traffic will be monitored also. If it turns out to be a "success" there will be a job up for grabs, that person gets to manage the OpelAus Twitter account.

This will be used all things in and out, but mainly in conjunction with our Cruise events etc...

:D

gmonkey
8th July 2009, 09:50 PM
i was thinking of finding out prices of a 10x10 ad in the autotrader, what ya think? if its cheap ill do it with your permission.. purely cause id like some more WA members, we are a bit short of members over here :p

Jerram
9th July 2009, 10:05 AM
What exactly would opelaus be tweeting? Wouldn't a facebook account be more suitable due to

-more flexibility
-ability to post photos/flyers
-advertise upcoming events

In any case I'm pretty down with both forms of Web 2.0, so feel free to put my name down for a potential contributor.

Kudrow
9th July 2009, 11:35 AM
What exactly would opelaus be tweeting? Wouldn't a facebook account be more suitable due to

-more flexibility
-ability to post photos/flyers
-advertise upcoming events

In any case I'm pretty down with both forms of Web 2.0, so feel free to put my name down for a potential contributor.

You have some points but:

More flexibility - well Twitter is all we need - we point the action to the forums as we want to encourage more use of the forums, not some third party site like Facebook.
Ability to post photos/flyers - again, we do that on the forums and Twitter merely acts as a pointer to the forums.
Advertise upcoming events - well Twitter can do that, and also provide a link to the forums where more detail can be provided on the particular event.

Danilicious
13th July 2009, 02:33 PM
i think its a good idea and sadly i follow twitter so ill be sure to add