PDA

View Full Version : Hello to All OpelAus Members.

brissypat
6th July 2009, 07:56 PM
Hi, my name is Pat, i live between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, im a family man with kids, and a recently re-discovered passion for Opel cars. Years ago as a holden mastercard customer i was invited to the holden proving ground at ormeau QLD to test drive some of holdens latest models, there was the new monaro, a few statesmans, and, the new Vectra. well after a few laps around the track and a few spins over the skid pan, i was sold on the Vectra.
Anyway, a few years later and i own one, and without paying the hideous depreciation.
Thanks for accepting my application to join.

Pat.

sooty
6th July 2009, 07:57 PM
welcome mate

hazrd
6th July 2009, 08:22 PM
lol at hideous depreciation :p

welcome mate :) put up some pics when u get a chance

Nurb608
6th July 2009, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the site bud, picked urself a nice car ;)

Neeko
6th July 2009, 08:56 PM
welcome to the site :)
good to have another South East Queensland member!
you'll find loads of info about ur car here

and since u stated ur interest for driving click me :p
(http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23221)

Shay
6th July 2009, 10:29 PM
welcome mate,

which model have you got?
is it another elusive manual CDXi?

enjoy your stay.
skid pans/autokana are great fun,
but when your cars 11yo things break :(

chrissn89
6th July 2009, 10:54 PM
Welcome Pat, im sure you'll enjoy the site. Plenty of helpful info and people on here :)

Chris

Jerram
6th July 2009, 10:55 PM
Gday and welcome

I must say we're starting to get a good concentration of Vectra C owners - could this be stimulus for Auzvectra getting Canbus compatible remaps?

ChrisMaz
6th July 2009, 11:47 PM
Gday and welcome

I must say we're starting to get a good concentration of Vectra C owners - could this be stimulus for Auzvectra getting Canbus compatible remaps?

He has Canbus Compatible Remaps now? :yikes:

And Welcome mate. Fellow C Owner?

simmy
7th July 2009, 08:07 AM
welcome :)

btm
7th July 2009, 08:12 AM
g'day pat and welcome to the site

Brazza
8th July 2009, 02:23 PM
Welcome Pat

click me :p
(http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23221)

you really should lol

glider
8th July 2009, 03:33 PM
He has Canbus Compatible Remaps now? :yikes:

And Welcome mate. Fellow C Owner?

heh 2 new ones in brisbane yet I've still only ever seen one on a cruise (and that was well over a year ago) :p

Danilicious
8th July 2009, 10:10 PM
welcome to the site hun, good to see some family guys on here..
cant wait to see some piccies of ur ride...woohoo go the vectras lol...yes i own one...

brissypat
10th July 2009, 09:03 PM
My ride is an immaculate white CD hatch, not quite what i wanted, but i compromised after a long time trying to find what i wanted (originally an auto black CDXi with sun roof) but mine is a 11/05 base model 2.2 manual, which still leaves the bulk of the rest of GMH cars struggling for similar options. There are a few upgrades i would like to do with the car, CDXi rear bumper skirt with dual exhaust, CDXi tail/head lamps and front bumper with driving lamps and Irmscher plain grille. Very happy with my wheels, 17"x 235 HSV alloys, very nice......nice additional extra and still have the opel sticker on my alloy spare (16"), while i'm happy with the 2.2 economy wise, it's very dissapointing putting your foot down when compared with my previous commodore, and while i would love the V6, the extra fuel cost,,,,would suck,,,,,my Wife has a Captiva, and the V6 in that kicks butt, that ULP version would have been ideal for the Veccy C. Will post a pic next post.
Cheers,
Pat.

Shay
10th July 2009, 09:11 PM
have a look at ozeparts.com(.au?) for the taillights.

brissypat
10th July 2009, 09:51 PM
hey Shay, thanks for that link,,,,,i used to live in perth, based at leeuwin Barracks near Freo,,,,,,back in the day when the Kwinana freeway was new and still had traffic lights on it, both of my Kids were born there so i have some very nice memories of WA. nice to meet you.

Shay
10th July 2009, 10:42 PM
hey Shay, thanks for that link,,,,,i used to live in perth, based at leeuwin Barracks near Freo,,,,,,back in the day when the Kwinana freeway was new and still had traffic lights on it, both of my Kids were born there so i have some very nice memories of WA. nice to meet you.

back when freo was the sticks :p
nice to meet you too mate