PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's

Fungusfee
10th September 2004, 10:47 PM
Hey all,

just thought i'd drop a line.

i've heard a fair bit about Meguiar's from a couple of people but thought it was a bit pricy compared to my $5 bucket of armour all. in the recent father's day sale for kmart, i decided to get *cough cough* dad *cough cough* some car care products (it's like buying your mum pots :lol: ) and got the scratch x, the polish, and the gold class wax for $60. it took me 5 hours to do the whole lot but now she's SHIIINY (incidentally it rained later that day which pissed me off big time :evil: . she was shining under the dust though...).

I'd highly reccomend it and after the first coat, i'd say it gets easier. unfortunately i haven't really been taking good care of my paint in the past but you can't notice it now.

couple of questions, can i go ahead and polish it and wax it again (i.e. does this take any layers off the paint or just add stuff on)? and are there any other products that give similar results? i'm happy with Meguiars but just wondering what else is out there.

steve

mackeysam
10th September 2004, 11:09 PM
Meguiar's would definatly have to be the best...you can really notice a difference compared to other brands. I'd say, spend that little extra a buy Meguiar's from now on because it will keep your paint looking beautiful. With the wax, you will only have to wax it every 3rd time you wash the car, so long as you wash your car at least once every 3 weeks. By doing this you are getting the most out of your car's paint and the Meguiar's products. HOWEVER, I wouldn't recomend using Meguiar's wax after washing the car with a different brand of car washing liquid because you will not get as good results. All in all, Meguiar's is a great brand and i suggest you keep using it. Also, when you bought the wax/polish, did you also buy the little circular waxing sponges? These help alot as they do not leave streaks so it makes it easier to buff the car later on.
Cheers,
Sam.
(If you do need more help, talk to Drdevil(Ben) as he has been using Meguiar's for some time now and knows how to get the most out of it! :D

YuSuF
10th September 2004, 11:53 PM
Im just spewing for you, 5 HOURS and then RAIN! :(

Degen-Astra
11th September 2004, 12:16 PM
I am waiting for the arrival of Meguairs NXT product range due here shortly... :D

But my list in order goes like this -
Gold Class Wash
(Dependent if any little scratches - Scratch X)
Wetlook Polymer Sealant
Deep Crystal Polish
Winter - Hi-Tech Yellow Wax
Summer - Gold Class Wax

I tend to find the Hi-Tech wax lasts longer under rain and the elements more so than the Gold Class wax.

ultim8DTM5
11th September 2004, 03:33 PM
Meguiars is alright (I use it myself) but I want to try Zaino and P21S also...

OzzySRi
11th September 2004, 05:52 PM
meguiars rocks. i only use that n mothers products.

PRC33Y
11th September 2004, 06:00 PM
NEWS FLASH: Have got Meguirs at home and also Eagle One products........I was a die hard Meguirs fan and i got urged to try some Eagle One products....(especially the Wax as You Wash product. This product cuts waxing down to now time cause all you do is chamy it off. And it dries as a clear coat wax, not a nasty white colour). This brand seems to be better on my Astra than Meguirs...... :mrgreen:

Food for thought

NUTTTR
11th September 2004, 08:56 PM
i use autoglym..... EXCELLENT! It works better than meguiars....IMO..... I've used it a few times and gives a glass like finish...... it lasts about 6mths or so... that's with me washing the car once, maybe twice in that whole time! :)

Fungusfee
12th September 2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the advice mackeysam. i thought i'd do the polish and wax again today 'cos i'm on holidays. gotta go back to uni tomorrow so it won't get done again for a while now.

Degen-Astra - damn, how long does that take you? maybe i'm just slow

as for the other brands, i guess i'll just have to wait for my meguiars to run out before i give them a try

Degen-Astra
12th September 2004, 05:27 PM
It takes me a good long day. If i start about 10ish I am finished by about 5. But I do take my time and I also manage to consume a few beers in the time span as well.

av8or
12th September 2004, 09:31 PM
Guy's if you want the best look for you car.

Dont look at the price but look at the finish.

I use the Swissol Range. It is a hand made Swiss product.

The polish Oynx is about 130bucks a pot. But you can acutally apply the wax with your hands if you want (really get in touch with your car) Basically you first of all use a Cleaner fluid which takes off any other wax or residue polish (is not a cut,doesnt damage or touch the clear coat at all)

You then put the wax on, buff it off. And then the final part is to park the car in the sun for about 3 - 5 hours... Seriously you watch the shine and colour become noticably different. makes the car look abosoluty wiked. :D

Isnt cheap but guys, worth the expense.

But on a whole meguiar's is a god product.

OzzySRi
12th September 2004, 10:07 PM
anyone tried that SONAX stuff that i see everywhere now??