PDA

View Full Version : Positions Vacant within OpelAus

poita
30th June 2009, 08:37 PM
Hey All

After some talks with Brady we have decided to adopt some new roles within OpelAus to encourage more cruises and club meetings.

We will be nominating a Cruise Co-Ordinator for each State.
Someone who we feel can take on the role of organising cruises, be it a drive to the movies, a BBQ in the local park, or to attend a major car show.

Now I have not spoken to anyone about this, so if you feel you can't take on the role, please let me know.
We will look at our other possibilities within your state.

None of these people will be from within our current Mods/Admins as I beleive we have enough on our plates to deal with.

The list is not complete nor is it confirmed, suggestions for other states are welcomed
I don't know everyone well enough to compile the full list, as said please air your suggestions.

The current list of names I have come up with are as follows

Cruise Co-Ordinators:

WA - Shay
Vic - Hazrd
QLD - Neeko

ps. yes I have a shit way with words, but meh

sooty
30th June 2009, 08:40 PM
for the larger states, prob best to have more than one, lots of work if you're by yourself.
Seem to have the right people so far though

Shay
30th June 2009, 08:46 PM
lol saw my name and laughed.

PM whats involved and ill let you know if im up for it.

hazrd
30th June 2009, 08:49 PM
meh

we've talked ;) all good down south

Danilicious
30th June 2009, 08:59 PM
are you just doing cruise ppl? or thinking about adding show n events person...?

Shay
30th June 2009, 09:01 PM
are you just doing cruise ppl? or thinking about adding show n events person...?

think in the future they're meant to be the same person ;)
agree that QLD and vic could/should have more than one.

id nominate dani for 2nd QLD person, if your other forums' commitments arent too much.
and probably ain for 2nd Vic, especially seein as Pauly is already mod

HappySlapper82
30th June 2009, 09:03 PM
Would probably be better to have 3 per state, to account for any sick, holidaying, etc state moderators

Kudrow
30th June 2009, 09:17 PM
OK.

We will consider a maximum of 2 people per state to fill the role. Not to be discriminative, but they must be over 18.
As previously mentioned, those "chosen ones" will be responsible for anything from a drive to the corner shop, to much larger events which might just possibly happen in the future (e.g. state-wide or interstate)

Also, there might just be the possibility of the Cruize Coordinator or State Coordinator looking after any advertising material (e.g. a banner) that we provide to each state. :p

I should also add, advertising material might include vendor advertising...

HappySlapper82
30th June 2009, 09:22 PM
I think this is good :) We might finally have [OFFICIAL] cruises :p I think these people should also have the role of approving unofficial cruises too

Danilicious
30th June 2009, 09:22 PM

id nominate dani for 2nd QLD person, if your other forums' commitments arent too much.

well i dont mind putting my hand up, as most of u know i love events and such, so yeah i dont mind but comes down to admin/owners

Kudrow
30th June 2009, 09:27 PM
I think this is good :) We might finally have [OFFICIAL] cruises :p I think these people should also have the role of approving unofficial cruises too

This is the idea...amongst others :D

Nurb608
30th June 2009, 09:43 PM

Yup, agree with Shay, so long as everyone has the time and the want to commit.

Kudrow
30th June 2009, 09:45 PM
So:

Western Australia - Shay & ?
Victoria - Hazrd & Ain
Queensland* - Neeko & Dani

Other states?
Those who have been "nominated" but feel they are not up to it, let us know.

* the Smart State :p

poita
30th June 2009, 09:47 PM
182 or BTM for NSW?

Brazza
30th June 2009, 09:55 PM
After some talks with Brady...

nope... this is the first I've heard of any of this... :p

good idea though :D hopefully it works in practice...

CNBLU
30th June 2009, 10:15 PM
what is the role of a cruise leader again?

poita
30th June 2009, 10:18 PM
Someone who we feel can take on the role of organising cruises, be it a drive to the movies, a BBQ in the local park, or to attend a major car show.

Also creating maps, checking runs, choosing car parks for photo shoots

chrissn89
30th June 2009, 11:32 PM
and weres my name :rolleyes: sounds good and i can always fill in for Nico when needed or help out.

glider
1st July 2009, 12:21 AM
I'd put my hand up but we have a few people who probably have a bit more time than I to organise stuff these days...

my vote is for Neeko/Danni as they seem to have their shit together... and as chris has said he can help neeko where needed

ChrisMaz
1st July 2009, 12:30 AM
lol saw my name and laughed.

PM whats involved and ill let you know if im up for it.

You're practically already doing it for the Mega Cruise :p

Shay
1st July 2009, 12:40 AM
You're practically already doing it for the Mega Cruise :p

yeah but its more than just that...
sorted it out now, im up for it Pete and Brady.

PaulyJ
1st July 2009, 08:09 AM
There's actually a lot that will need to go into being a Cruise Leader.
Pete, PM'ing you soon.

Neeko
1st July 2009, 08:40 AM
I'm in :)
apparently i have my shit together. Which is a good thing when ur sitting on the toilet.

Things you will find in my resume:

Love going on cruises
Always available
Love taking leadership
I have a 1.4l N/A car (cruise will be at Corsa Pace) :lol:
Good at organising
high self esteem

not sure how the last one helps

Calibrated
1st July 2009, 10:03 AM
i would have put my hand up, but a) i dont get out as much as i used to due mostly to cricket, and b) i've already been voted in as the events co-ordinator for eurocruisers

glider
1st July 2009, 11:55 AM
curious as to what this means if someone else wants to organise stuff tho? do they have to go thru the cruise organisers to get make something happen?

oneightoo
1st July 2009, 11:57 AM
182 or BTM for NSW?

when we ran the old NSW site, dave aka Maloo did a great job for NSW..

i reckon he's the man for NSW, with BTM as the number 2..

im pretty hopeless with organising stuff, with footy on weekends taking up most of my time..

Wheres Tuzinski? lol

oneightoo
1st July 2009, 11:58 AM
curious as to what this means if someone else wants to organise stuff tho? do they have to go thru the cruise organisers to get make something happen?

well i would think anyone can arrange one, but the events guy/gal would be the one who'd make it all "official" with the site.. you dont wanna have to many chiefs and not enough indians..

Calibrated
1st July 2009, 11:59 AM
i assume it would make the difference between a social cruise and an official state cruise.

HappySlapper82
1st July 2009, 12:14 PM

I'm assuming that it would be the same as other clubs where [UNOFFICIAL] cruises would need approval from state reps. But thats a good thing

Kudrow
1st July 2009, 02:16 PM
We're not stopping you from organising your own social cruises.

The role of the Cruise Coordinator will be to organise official cruises, representing OA. Advertising etc... are involved with this. Something of this scale may happen every 3-6 months or every quarter.

The CC would organise the dates, trips, map, photos etc...

Danilicious
1st July 2009, 09:29 PM
so when will this all be starting and names listed to whom have been given the task?

Kudrow
1st July 2009, 10:29 PM
so when will this all be starting and names listed to whom have been given the task?

Soon :p

Danilicious
1st July 2009, 10:43 PM
Soon :p
lol ok coolies, just thought i would ask

ASTRAY
1st July 2009, 10:57 PM
We're not stopping you from organising your own social cruises.

The role of the Cruise Coordinator will be to organise official cruises, representing OA. Advertising etc... are involved with this. Something of this scale may happen every 3-6 months or every quarter.

The CC would organise the dates, trips, map, photos etc...

this sounds awesome. i would love set dates for our meets, as im pretty isolated from everyone else, id be able to keep certain weekends free etc.
also this way meets would be set in stone. im getting xxxcited!

id put my hand up for nsw too, but im too far from 99% of the members, so itd be no use.

pete and kudrow, ive just thought of what i think is a great idea, albeit off topic sort of.
nsw-qld meets.
vic-nsw meets.
sa-vic meets.
just to get members mingling a bit more.
perhaps yearly?
or perhaps i just get off my arse and sort out the nat meet....and pdfs, and engine thread, and probably a million other things ive started but not finished :mad2:

Neeko
1st July 2009, 11:01 PM
this sounds awesome. i would love set dates for our meets, as im pretty isolated from everyone else, id be able to keep certain weekends free etc.
also this way meets would be set in stone. im getting xxxcited!

id put my hand up for nsw too, but im too far from 99% of the members, so itd be no use.

pete and kudrow, ive just thought of what i think is a great idea, albeit off topic sort of.
nsw-qld meets.
vic-nsw meets.
sa-vic meets.
just to get members mingling a bit more.
perhaps yearly?
or perhaps i just get off my arse and sort out the nat meet....and pdfs, and engine thread, and probably a million other things ive started but not finished :mad2:

port maquarie members to brisbane meet

Danilicious
3rd July 2009, 07:15 PM
port maquarie members to brisbane meet

+1

sadavidsriturbo
31st July 2009, 04:30 AM
Been about 6 or 7 months now with no astra so i have not been around much but i may be interested in the Adelaide turf ??

Kudrow
31st July 2009, 05:39 PM
The list so far:

(If your name is here and you don't want to do it, let me know before next Friday (7th August)

Queensland
Neeko & Dani

NSW
Maloo & BTM

Victoria
Hazrd & Ain

South Australia
Happyslapper & sadavidsriturbo

Western Australia
Shay & ?????

hazrd
31st July 2009, 06:33 PM
I have ideas brewing already ;)

Shay
31st July 2009, 07:11 PM
would say chris or shoey...
but shoey doesnt come on too much anymore so prob chris.

poita
2nd May 2010, 07:44 PM
Well this died in the fukin arse didnt it!

Reviving this from the dead, and bringing it back. This time it will implemented in full

Anyone who wants to be on teh list, or doesnt want to be on the list please say so.

List has been updated due to certain changes in situations.

The list so far:

Queensland
Toby & Neeko

NSW
Maloo & BTM

Victoria
Hazrd & Ain

South Australia
???

Western Australia
Shay & Brenton

hazrd
2nd May 2010, 07:48 PM
im still in... Ain, u with me?

glider
2nd May 2010, 08:19 PM
QLD seems to be correct

edit

I'm making an assumption, *awaits neeko's response*

gmonkey
2nd May 2010, 08:21 PM
dont mind signing up alongside shay :)

poita
2nd May 2010, 08:23 PM
coolies

no prob

updated

sooty
2nd May 2010, 08:49 PM
im still in... Ain, u with me?

Yeah, I got your back ;)

Shay
2nd May 2010, 09:53 PM
fine by me.

this cruise and event organisers, or section moderators?

gmonkey
2nd May 2010, 09:54 PM
are there any members left in SA with opels???

Dobs has sold (dunno if he will get a VXR/SRIT)
DieselHead is selling
sadavidsriturbo is selling/sold?

dont really know of other active members.. princesspeachy is only one that comes to mind?

gmonkey
2nd May 2010, 09:54 PM
fine by me.

you and me pretty much organise everything anyway ahhaha

poita
2nd May 2010, 10:26 PM
fine by me.

cruise and event, may also blend it into state moderators.

good thinking 99

adam_92
2nd May 2010, 11:18 PM
are there any members left in SA with opels???

Dobs has sold (dunno if he will get a VXR/SRIT)
DieselHead is selling
sadavidsriturbo is selling/sold?

dont really know of other active members.. princesspeachy is only one that comes to mind?

im still looking at buying another opel. an astra of some sort, undecided between a cd/cdx which would allow extra money to modify, a bertone or srit/vxr.

there is scaifey or ausvectra but they arent on very much iirc and i dont think david has sold yet but hes pretty buzy with work. and i dont think dan is selling until the end of the year.

gmonkey
2nd May 2010, 11:24 PM
if ur getting an opel mate.. make it a turbo.. trust me..

i always thought auzvectra was an easterner :p

Shay
2nd May 2010, 11:27 PM
if ur getting an opel mate.. make it a turbo.. trust me..

i always thought auzvectra was an easterner :p

auzvectra is in QLD
ausvectra is in SA.

theres also Imay, long time forum member....

adam_92
2nd May 2010, 11:30 PM
yes there is. completely forgot about him, theres also the guy with the red race car, but i cant remember his name for the life of me. hes got a arden sri-t and a rexy but he isnt online as much as he used to be and i dont think he does cruises.

adam_92
2nd May 2010, 11:37 PM
but anyway i think princess peachy would be interested

Shay
2nd May 2010, 11:40 PM
yes there is. completely forgot about him, theres also the guy with the red race car, but i cant remember his name for the life of me. hes got a arden sri-t and a rexy but he isnt online as much as he used to be and i dont think he does cruises.

nadge63 is who you are thinking off.

poita
2nd May 2010, 11:40 PM
not posting on the forum and not being an active member isnt a strong argument for putting someone into a position on responsibility

just my 2c

gmonkey
2nd May 2010, 11:43 PM
also why i think we should maybe clean up some of the moderators and maybe appoint some new ones??

adam_92
2nd May 2010, 11:55 PM
nadge63 is who you are thinking off.

yeah thats him. i knew it began with a n but that was all i could remmeber lol

@ pete, i completely agree what would be the point in appointing someone to a role on the forum when they arent active and dont post

gmonkey
2nd May 2010, 11:56 PM
ur probs the best bet Dobs ur most active SA member as far as i can see :p why not volunteer ;)

adam_92
3rd May 2010, 12:06 AM
id love to volunteer but would like to know whats actually involved in it before i commit and let evryone down.

gmonkey
3rd May 2010, 12:09 AM
We will be nominating a Cruise Co-Ordinator for each State.

adam_92
3rd May 2010, 12:12 AM
whoops i missed that somehow haha... well as the most active SA member i guess il volunteer myself... if other people are happy with it.

Neeko
3rd May 2010, 09:10 AM
QLD seems to be correct

edit

I'm making an assumption, *awaits neeko's response*:thumbs:

auzvectra
3rd May 2010, 10:43 AM
:thumbs:

i take that as a yes :p.

auzvectra
3rd May 2010, 10:44 AM
oh yeah, and being 1 of the oldest veteran's of OA Qld, i'm happy to help out with the cruises and organising when needed aswell :).

btm
3rd May 2010, 11:13 AM
i'm definitely happy to help represent nsw

poita
3rd May 2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys :)

[OPCSRi]
3rd May 2010, 07:48 PM
So who is in on Team Vic????

Nurb608
3rd May 2010, 07:50 PM
;567838']So who is in on Team Vic????

Adz and Ain.

sooty
3rd May 2010, 07:53 PM
Adz and Ain.

Of course this doesn't mean we're the only ones who can organise anything lol, everyone is more than welcome to help and suggest stuff. If you've got an idea but don't have the time to do the research etc too just let us know :)

[OPCSRi]
3rd May 2010, 07:59 PM
Of course this doesn't mean we're the only ones who can organise anything lol, everyone is more than welcome to help and suggest stuff. If you've got an idea but don't have the time to do the research etc too just let us know :)That's what I like to here. I have the problem on the Ute site that i'm moderator on where the members just want the moderators to do everything but i always tell them if you want to do something speak up. Then also when the events is organised for them they don't show up which is a real shame.

I was thinking of a coffee meet somewhere this week or next week.

poita
3rd May 2010, 08:04 PM
If you want to organise a cruise go for it mate, the cruise moderators are just set in place as active members who organise such things on a regular basis

And are also willing to help out when others organise cruises/meets/dyno days/skidpan days etc etc etc

[OPCSRi]
3rd May 2010, 08:10 PM
I never hold back Poita. I like to get to gether with everyone from time to time. That's what every forum is about meet, greet, have fun and share your experiences.

poita
3rd May 2010, 08:10 PM
Three members have hed there accounts modified to reflect these changes.

I will be adjusting settings as need be over the next couple of days in regards to permissions, access details and such.

So please bear with me while I do this.

Also anyone who's account has been changed if there is any issues please pm me

Cheers

poita
3rd May 2010, 08:11 PM
;567858']I never hold back Poita. I like to get to gether with everyone from time to time. That's what every forum is about meet, greet, have fun and share your experiences.

love to hear it :D

nuggz
4th May 2010, 05:47 PM
do these guys have the ability to ban tools on cruises? =)

poita
4th May 2010, 06:01 PM
do these guys have the ability to ban tools on cruises? =)

i dont see why not

poita
4th May 2010, 08:24 PM
Can we please not fill this thread with shit like the rest of the forum

poita
4th May 2010, 09:24 PM
Mods can you please check to make sure your account is working.

You should have mod abilities in your respective states, but nowhere else.

This is NOT permanent, if required the positions will be reviewed and status removed if needed.

I doubt this will happen though, I'm pretty sure we have chosen the right crew to help

Shay
4th May 2010, 09:52 PM
account is working, everything looks right mate.

hazrd
4th May 2010, 10:07 PM
same here mate :thumbs:

gmonkey
4th May 2010, 10:17 PM
Can't access admin section am I meant to be able to? This is all new to me haha never noticed post reporting before either :)

Vectracious
4th May 2010, 10:23 PM
Can't access admin section am I meant to be able to? This is all new to me haha never noticed post reporting before either :)

I wouldn't have thought so - don't need to for your role as cruise co-ordinator.

poita
4th May 2010, 10:26 PM

I wouldn't have thought so - don't need to for your role as cruise co-ordinator.

as Pete has said, you guys dont need access to it

gmonkey
4th May 2010, 10:36 PM
K cool just checking :) if u ever need another blue name person around I'm more than keen to help out :)

sooty
4th May 2010, 10:49 PM
From what I can see mine seems right too Pete :thumbs:

OPC
8th May 2010, 01:09 AM
any positions vacant for a forum clown ?
myself and tony could take those positions...
i would post a pic of a clown but apparently it
offends some people who have a clown phobia

Vectracious
8th May 2010, 07:48 AM
any positions vacant for a forum clown ?
myself and tony could take those positions...
i would post a pic of a clown but apparently it
offends some people who have a clown phobia

2 things

1. Old
2. You are capable of much better than that :p

OPC
8th May 2010, 10:02 AM
were not that old...

poita
9th May 2010, 09:36 PM
Increased inbox to 500 messages, and can send PM's to 20 people at a time

OPC
9th May 2010, 10:25 PM

is that for everyone ?

poita
9th May 2010, 10:33 PM
old people excluded

OPC
9th May 2010, 10:38 PM
old people excluded

damn... bloody QLD'er :(

glider
9th May 2010, 11:37 PM

thank fk for that, was getting sick of the 'your pm box is over 90% full warning' and pm failing to send coz of it being 'full'

Shay
10th May 2010, 12:08 AM
thank fk for that, was getting sick of the 'your pm box is over 90% full warning' and pm failing to send coz of it being 'full'

saaaaaaaaaaaame

adam_92
13th May 2010, 09:03 PM
is anything happening with a SA co-ordinator ?

Shay
13th May 2010, 09:07 PM
is anything happening with a SA co-ordinator ?

ive been keeping tabs on SA stuff for the time being dobs.
up to pete if he want to add an SA mod.
but til then if you have any issues, PM and ill clean it up.

adam_92
13th May 2010, 09:26 PM
ah right cheers mate. it probably isnt active enough to have a mod and were losing more members aswel. dan (dieselhead) has just traded the cdti in for a clio sport i think