PDA

View Full Version : Different Tyres

Orion_996
30th June 2009, 06:48 PM
I tried to do a quick search on this but have come up with nothing.

I just had a flat tyre the other day and had to get a brand new one. At the front I had two Federal tyres and at the back two Nankang ones (yes i know they are SH*T, both brands). So one of my Nankangs blew and when i got a new one they put a different Nankang model from the other one, its the same size though, but has different groove patterns. The one I had was XR-611 215/45/18 and this one is a AS-1 215/45/18

Are these ok/legal to be put on at the back like this or not? :confused:

Thanks for your help guys... just want to be sure. :o

Jerram
30th June 2009, 06:52 PM
I tried to do a quick search on this but have come up with nothing.

I just had a flat tyre the other day and had to get a brand new one. At the front I had two Federal tyres and at the back two Nankang ones (yes i know they are SH*T, both brands). So one of my Nankangs blew and when i got a new one they put a different Nankang model from the other one, its the same size though, but has different groove patterns. The one I had was XR-611 215/45/18 and this one is a AS-1 215/45/18

Are these ok/legal to be put on at the back like this or not? :confused:

Thanks for your help guys... just want to be sure. :o

Don't quote me on legality, but I do not that it's not exactly safe. The reason for this is that under heavy braking the different stopping powers of the different treads will cause the car to twitch and step out on the side with the poorer tread. That's not good.

Orion_996
30th June 2009, 06:56 PM
Yeah thats what i've been thinking, just wasn't sure... thanks bud

glider
30th June 2009, 06:59 PM
will that affect the awd? I know in the cali for example, all 4 tyres have to be the same within 2mm of each other...

Orion_996
30th June 2009, 07:02 PM
Hmmm... well I had no problem at all with how it was before, but I am not liking it this way... i still haven't put it back on though, still have the space saver on

SKM_87
30th June 2009, 07:17 PM
if its on the rear it wont affect braking to a point you will notice. ive got 3 diff tyre on mine n its ok.

Calibrated
30th June 2009, 07:23 PM
get a set of Kumho KU-36's :D

vectraguy01
30th June 2009, 07:40 PM
or Bf G-force sports, great tyre and very grippy :)

Orion_996
30th June 2009, 07:46 PM
ahem, yeah once i have money i might, but atm i need to break through the 80kmh barrier asap