PDA

View Full Version : Matte Black VXR

Greg K
24th June 2009, 01:38 PM
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/29467/opel-astra-opc-limited-edition-black/

The link has bigger photos, but for those too lazy:

_

In terms of power, handling and engineering, the Opel Astra OPC - or HSV Astra VXR - may not be the hottest hatch around, but there’s one area the Astra two-door hatch has always had it over its competitors: that roofline.

While most two-door hot hatches have fairly square rear quarter windows, the two-door Astra has a unique roofline utterly separate from its four-door sibling - and boy does it make a difference.

While it’s soon to be superseded by an all-new 2010 Opel Astra, the current model has always been a stunning player in the hatch market.

Now, one Opel dealer in the Netherlands has taken it a step further.

Starting as a Nurburgring Edition version of Opel’s hot hatch, this Astra has been re-sprayed in a matt/satin black finish, with a carbon fibre appearance bonnet and roof (yes, purely aesthetic, I’m afraid).

Of course, the stealth look is capped off with gloss full-black alloy rims.

With no performance upgrades appearing in the package, this is likely a clever way to sell a few runout models for a bit of a premium.

Still, with a 2.0 litre turbo engine shoveling 179kW (240hp), the Astra OPC will steam its way to 100km/h in a Golf GTI beating 6.4 seconds and a top speed of 244km/h.

Not too shabby, eh?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/1983GregK/opelastraopc_limitededitionblack_01.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/1983GregK/opelastraopc_limitededitionblack_02.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/1983GregK/opelastraopc_limitededitionblack_04.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/1983GregK/opelastraopc_limitededitionblack_07.jpg

alts
24th June 2009, 01:43 PM
i thought it was 177kw? >_<
That looks kind of greyish, but the VXR is hot, no matter what colour. ;)

GreyRex
24th June 2009, 01:56 PM
Haha there's my grille :D

Manda88
24th June 2009, 01:58 PM
it was made from a nurb vxr?? wat a waste of a nurb vxr!

looks like a chalkboard car..

sooty
24th June 2009, 01:59 PM
looks rubbish.

GreyRex
24th June 2009, 02:18 PM
Not a huge fan, but i'll give it to them for trying something different

EL BURITO
24th June 2009, 02:20 PM

looks like a chalkboard car..
exactly my thought they could have use one of the other non limited ones

sooty
24th June 2009, 02:22 PM

Despite there being only 20 of them here, there's...835? of them overall...they're not really that rare of a car seeing as the majority of those are in the UK which has the same land size as victoria...:)
If it were like an Aston one-77 or something they'd done it to, then fair enough, get angry :lol:

Keep'emRunning
24th June 2009, 02:31 PM
..was thinking satin black was only for rods & customs..

Would save a lot of time not having to wax & polish though :)

btm
24th June 2009, 02:31 PM
not a fan to be honest...

imay
24th June 2009, 02:36 PM
Bloody crazy Europeans! Not for me thanks. Ruination of a perfectly good car imo.

Manda88
24th June 2009, 02:42 PM
..was thinking satin black was only for rods & customs..

Would save a lot of time not having to wax & polish though :)

matt black is still a bitch to clean... black is black :p always a mess..

hate to see what some limestone would do to it

one positive would be you can buy cans of matt black from bunnings for like $5 ;)

gman
24th June 2009, 02:46 PM
I like it, but with out the fake carbon fibre bonnet and roof...

Not sure why, but the matt black thing looks mean to me... ;)

Nurb608
24th June 2009, 03:32 PM
I remember crying when i saw this thing a while ago, why would you bother doing it to a nurb? And yes, it's 177kw, the conversion from hp is just a bit out.

gman
24th June 2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah agree maybe not a Nurb, but any other VXR....Why not.....

daiflu
24th June 2009, 04:51 PM
Looks good to me!

KID_SRi
24th June 2009, 05:30 PM
I like it, but with out the fake carbon fibre bonnet and roof...

Not sure why, but the matt black thing looks mean to me... ;)

I think it looks Tough, A Bit Lower & Some Black 20-21" Rims. It would be pretty aggressive.

gman
24th June 2009, 05:33 PM
Looks good to me!

I think it looks Tough, A Bit Lower & Some Black 20-21" Rims. It would be pretty aggressive.

So that just 3 that seem to like it.. ;)

Wraith
24th June 2009, 05:59 PM
Love the matt black look on certain cars - I've posted up quite a few in past :)

On the VXR it looks ok, but not outstanding enough IMHO to have gone to the bother...

On a Lambo Murcielago or on the R35 GT-R different story :)

BEK-46P
24th June 2009, 06:01 PM
Wish I could say I was a fan and those Nurb rims are gay.

Wraith
24th June 2009, 06:03 PM
and those Nurb rims are gay.

+ 1 Sorry Rory...

The standard 19's are sooooo much nicer :)

Nurb608
24th June 2009, 06:19 PM
+ 1 Sorry Rory...

The standard 19's are sooooo much nicer :)

And are heavier, not enough offset to widen the wheel base and make the vxr track worse :p

MatsHolden
24th June 2009, 06:21 PM
And are heavier, not enough offset to widen the wheel base and make the vxr track worse :p

They actually look great in the flesh.

Nurb608
24th June 2009, 06:24 PM
They actually look great in the flesh.

They look even better when i bother to clean them, lol

mzsammi
24th June 2009, 07:11 PM
i actually love it ... very different and when u have high performance cars u generally want a different look or a very hush hush look. maybe keep mine as a daily and import something like that :)
im in the market for a hwy toy

cobey
24th June 2009, 09:52 PM
I like it, im starting to like cars that stand out from the norm (in a good way) i actually just got part of my front bumper done in matt black which i just noticed is very similar to the car in Manda88's sig

Nurb608
24th June 2009, 09:54 PM
I like it, im starting to like cars that stand out from the norm (in a good way) i actually just got part of my front bumper done in matt black which i just noticed is very similar to the car in Manda88's sig

Pics :D

cobey
24th June 2009, 10:12 PM
Im waiting for all this rain to go away so i give my car a good clean for pics, the way the weather is at the moment nice sunny day clean it all up in the morning then rainging and dirty again in the afternoon, but i will post pics once its all cleaned up

Wraith
25th June 2009, 09:14 AM

The extra weight, track width or lack of and worse track performance when taken into account for normal or everyday street driving are negligable...

I'd rather go for the added looks and appeal of the VXR 19's but each to their own :)

Wraith
25th June 2009, 09:20 AM

:picsorban:

When you've cleaned it all up of course :)

Nurb608
25th June 2009, 01:25 PM
The extra weight, track width or lack of and worse track performance when taken into account for normal or everyday street driving are negligable...

I'd rather go for the added looks and appeal of the VXR 19's but each to their own :)

Don't get me wrong, i love the vxr 19' rims, wanted them for my vec as it's a nice cruiser, but the nurb ones have grown on me and i like the handling benefits, albeit marginal, that they provide.

Greg K
25th June 2009, 02:44 PM
im with you Rory... i mush prefer the practicality of the 18's. The 19"s are dead sexy (I had the 19" VXR wheels ready to go onto the vec too!!), dont get me wrong, but after actually seeing a Nurb with the 18"s, i have to say they they do suit the car well!

USC
25th June 2009, 09:00 PM
This car has the xenon head lights not available in australia.