PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi FQ-400 Launched in UK

poita
23rd June 2009, 11:32 AM
Doubt we will ever get them here.
For the extra $40k to buy one, you could turn a normal EVO X into something better I reckon

http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/news-and-reviews/story/fq_400_the_ultimate_mitsubishi_evo/?referrer=email

The Mitsubishi FQ-400 Evolution is a Lancer that will out-accelerate exotic super cars.

It has a two-litre engine giving more power than a Falcon XR8 or a Commodore SS. And with a sophisticated all-wheel-drive system for extreme cornering grip.

It's the FQ-400, billed as "the most powerful, accelerative Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X".

It's hitting the roads in Britain this month. There, the home of many motorsport constructors, they have a respected network of car tuners who take fast production cars and make them even quicker.

The Mitsubishi Evo and its rival, the Subaru WRX, each get various versions of hot-up kits from a number of hot shops in Britain.

This Lancer Evo FQ-400 is the product of WRC Developments, with a nod from Mitsubishi's British importer. The model gets its name from the 403hp (300kW of power) produced - an incredible output from the two-litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged engine. And in a road car.

The engine gets motorsport-spec high-flow fuel injectors and a new turbocharger with low-friction bearings and reduced turbo lag. It's fed by an upgraded intercooler. Exhaust gases are sent via a 75mm diameter stainless steel pipe.

Five-hundred hours of development went into remapping its ECU.

The regular Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X on sale in Australia is no slouch: 217kW power at 6500rpm and 366Nm torque at 3500rpm.

The FQ-400 offers 300kW at 6500rpm and a big 525Nm torque at 3500rpm. (A six-litre Commodore SS V8 gives 270kW and the Falcon XR8, 290kW). Mitsubishi and WRC Development say the FQ-400 is good for a zero to 100km/h sprint in 3.8 seconds. It's governed to 250km/h.

It has a wider track than standard and is lowered 30mm, wearing Eibach springs and Bilstein shock absorbers, as well as an upgraded brake system using aerospace-grade aluminium.

The FQ-400 is picked over the normal Evo X by a heavily vented bonnet for engine heat to escape, carbon-fibre elements in the grille edging, composite side skirts, restyled rear bumper with carbon-fibre diffuser, rear wing with Gurney strip and a "vortex generator" on the roof trailing edge.

Inside are Recaro seats, seven airbags (it gets a five-star Euro NCAP rating for occupant protection in a crash), sat-nav and 30GB hard-drive on the sound system.

The FQ-400 sells for a tad over $A100,000 in Britain where the regular Evo X costs from around $60,000 (similar to its Australian price).

http://carsguide.news.com.au/images/uploads/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evo-X-2009-2.jpg

http://carsguide.news.com.au/images/uploads/Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evo-X-2009-1.jpg

glider
23rd June 2009, 11:47 AM
I may be petty... but only a 30gb hard drive?

MatsHolden
23rd June 2009, 11:52 AM
Like what they've done with the rear. Bit too fussy with the front alterations. That's a beast.

alts
23rd June 2009, 11:53 AM
Should be able to put a bigger one in for sure?
If it has a DVD screen thats pretty small then but for mp3s I think 30GB is alot imo.

glider
23rd June 2009, 11:56 AM
not when you consider the ipod (classic) has 120gb...

even the touch has the option of a 32gb flash drive... which makes more sense for a fast car... (less prone to sustaining damage)

MatsHolden
23rd June 2009, 12:22 PM
"300kW at 6500rpm and a big 525Nm torque at 3500rpm."

"zero to 100km/h sprint in 3.8 seconds"

"wider track than standard and is lowered 30mm, wearing Eibach springs and Bilstein shock absorbers, as well as an upgraded brake system using aerospace-grade aluminium"

And you guys are talking about the hard drive being too small. Boohoo! :eek: lol

xplosv57
23rd June 2009, 12:40 PM
lol +1 Mat, i mean evos were never well known for having a great stereo, i actually think it even having a hard drive is impressive!

But 300kw and awd, fk yeah!

Wraith
23rd June 2009, 12:44 PM
F#@#@#g AWESOME - what a beast !!!!! love the large rear centre exhaust :)

Who cares about how much the GB capacity of the hard drive is LOL this thing is all about performance and with those numbers it'll eat just about anything, I'd say it'll even match or beat or be not far off a base R35 GT-R on a track or in the straight !!!

Poita, I'd rather spend the money and buy this FQ 400 than mod a base Evo 10 because at least that way you'll have full waranty and be able to insure the thing, going the other way you'll miss out on both (maybe if your lucky you'll get insurance) and that makes all the difference to cough up the extra dosh IMO :)

rjastra
23rd June 2009, 12:47 PM
I may be petty... but only a 30gb hard drive?

Gen Y talking :)

30Gb is plenty for music. Especially in a car as noisey, and with such a short range as the Evo....

Wraith
23rd June 2009, 12:55 PM
Gen Y talking :)

30Gb is plenty for music. Especially in a car as noisey, and with such a short range as the Evo....

+ 1 LOL :lol:

Bloody Gen Y's always off on tangent :p (jk) :)

DEE-80Y
23rd June 2009, 02:02 PM
OMG :yikes:

I want one.....

C'mon 50 million lotto.....

I'll take one of these and a new GT-R

hazrd
23rd June 2009, 02:27 PM
glorified lancer

still looks pretty hot though

DEE-80Y
23rd June 2009, 02:39 PM
glorified lancer

Um, Yeah.

And a WRX is a glorified Impreza. Lexus = Toyota, HSV and Holden

Same, same but Different :D

hazrd
23rd June 2009, 02:48 PM
hahaha

true

poita
23rd June 2009, 03:02 PM
and a calibra is a glorified camira, so the guys at work keep tellin me

DEE-80Y
23rd June 2009, 03:05 PM
and a calibra is a glorified camira, so the guys at work keep tellin me

I get Camry all the time. So I laugh at them in my mirror. :D

rusole21
23rd June 2009, 03:09 PM
Awesome car!

30gb. hahahhahahhaa

dieselhead
23rd June 2009, 03:09 PM
glorified lancer

Agree. If you fork out that sort of dough for a car, why not go all the way (only an extra $50k, if that) and buy the GTR? :)

In UK the GTR cost from 56,800 squids, this lancer is 50k... Not a hard choice to make in pommieland, is it?

PaulyJ
23rd June 2009, 03:47 PM
Glorified Lancer or not, you wouldn't say no to one, and more than likely wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off your face when driving one

poita
23rd June 2009, 03:51 PM
the nurb is just a glorified astra, but rory got one.
and im pretty sure he's over the moon with it :)

Wraith
23rd June 2009, 04:25 PM
OMG :yikes:

I want one.....

C'mon 50 million lotto.....

I'll take one of these and a new GT-R

Ditto....

I'll also have one of each in my wish list too with 50mil to play with :)

Wraith
23rd June 2009, 04:27 PM
glorified lancer

Shame on you Adam :lol:

You got heaps on answers on that comment :)