PDA

View Full Version : Which Holden Dealer in South east has Tech 2?

ROCCO
23rd June 2009, 10:09 AM
Hi All,

I work in Dandenong in Vic. I'm curious to know A which dealer has Tech 2 and second do they upgrade the cars ECU if you request it?
I get this little annoying thing with the car that it sort of lerges when in first doesn't happen all the time just some times. Its almost like a lag in power for a split second.
I'm sure I read somewhere that an update was released and fixed the problem.
I don't want Holden to fault find...fak paying $1000 for that to happen. I just want the ecu updated.

stevedee3
23rd June 2009, 08:54 PM
I'm curious to know A which dealer has Tech 2 and second do they upgrade the cars ECU if you request it?1. All Holden dealers have Tech 2
2. They probably will if you pay them for the time it takes

9090GO
23rd June 2009, 09:07 PM
Holden might do it for a cost, a big one too! Before I got my self a OP-COM (mini tech2), the InSP was showing up every time I turn the key, so I rang up West point autos (Holden) and I want they reset the service reminder, I asked the price over the phone and the reply was: I can't give you a set price and it depand how long it takes to reset, its round about $160/ hour for the tech 2 service. OMFG!!!!! If you really want Holden to do it, go ahead mate.

J
2nd July 2009, 02:15 AM
Hi All,

I work in Dandenong in Vic. I'm curious to know A which dealer has Tech 2 and second do they upgrade the cars ECU if you request it?
I get this little annoying thing with the car that it sort of lerges when in first doesn't happen all the time just some times. Its almost like a lag in power for a split second.
I'm sure I read somewhere that an update was released and fixed the problem.
I don't want Holden to fault find...fak paying $1000 for that to happen. I just want the ecu updated.

Hey ROCCO! From memory, most dealers *should* update the program in your ECU at no extra cost, every time you service with them, whenever a new one comes along. Or only while they are trying to fix some engine-related issues at the same time eg. bad coil packs. But whether they actually do do that (and whether you actually want to have your car serviced with them), is another question altogether!

Holden might do it for a cost, a big one too! Before I got my self a OP-COM (mini tech2), the InSP was showing up every time I turn the key, so I rang up West point autos (Holden) and I want they reset the service reminder, I asked the price over the phone and the reply was: I can't give you a set price and it depand how long it takes to reset, its round about $160/ hour for the tech 2 service. OMFG!!!!! If you really want Holden to do it, go ahead mate.

Astra_G: Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but the "InSP" service reminder light can be reset for free by yourself, simply by holding the trip meter reset button while starting the engine. I just did it with mine...

Sorry people I can't be of more help... :|

9090GO
2nd July 2009, 06:39 AM
Astra_G: Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but the "InSP" service reminder light can be reset for free by yourself, simply by holding the trip meter reset button while starting the engine. I just did it with mine...

Sorry people I can't be of more help... :|

Thats why I will never go back there again!!