PDA

View Full Version : 30,000km service and $1345 later

noobie
23rd June 2009, 12:14 AM
Gimme a freaking break (pun intended)

Can't believe i had to replace my front rotors and pads after 30,000k's.

Not to mention I got suckered into "fuel injection" clean for $150 more.

*sigh* If i was paying cash, i would have tolde them to get stuffed.

That's the problem with plastic (motorpass) you just don't think enough about it.

Not to mention my front tyres need replacing as well (although I know why that is):yikes:

gman
23rd June 2009, 12:21 AM
And thats why you NEVER, NEVER, EVER go to Holden for a service...

noobie
23rd June 2009, 12:23 AM

I didn't even need to say "Holden" did I...............................fookers.

gman
23rd June 2009, 12:26 AM
You didn't need too.. ;)

Holden tear you a new one and then over charge and fit parts that you'll only have to replace in another 30,000km's....

In short, I never use Holden and never buy Holden spares if I can avoid it...

Keep'emRunning
23rd June 2009, 10:28 AM
..did you get an itemised bill?

hazrd
23rd June 2009, 10:31 AM
should have asked for the old parts and gone from there....

ROCCO
23rd June 2009, 10:55 AM
bloody hell...what kind of driving where you doing to have to change your rotors and pads at 30K? I'm at 90K and I havnt had to do that yet.

gman
23rd June 2009, 12:06 PM
They were probably fine..Some apprentice needed to be shown how to change rotors nd pads and unfortunately your name came out of the lucky dip...

gslrallysport
23rd June 2009, 01:17 PM
As much as I work in the aftermarket, and would REALLY REALLY like to subscribe to that theory, only yesterday I picked my Cross 6 One Toner AWD up from it's 90,000 service and $739 later at Motorama Holden. But that also included the 105,000 transmission service that I got early cause it's had a hard life towing (and do recce for the ARC, but I failed to mention that part :D)

In my case, if it was a normal Commodore, or even a normal one toner, I would have absolutely not issue going to an ultratune/autoleaders/Midas etc. but after I had a wheel alignment done on the ute a couple of years ago, and asked if they noticed if the front diff was leaking, to which they replied, "um... you're kidding right, you're car doesn't have a front diff!" I decided I just have one of those cars that is best left to Holden to service... :(

USC
23rd June 2009, 07:07 PM
As much as I work in the aftermarket, and would REALLY REALLY like to subscribe to that theory, only yesterday I picked my Cross 6 One Toner AWD up from it's 90,000 service and $739 later at Motorama Holden. But that also included the 105,000 transmission service that I got early cause it's had a hard life towing (and do recce for the ARC, but I failed to mention that part :D)

In my case, if it was a normal Commodore, or even a normal one toner, I would have absolutely not issue going to an ultratune/autoleaders/Midas etc. but after I had a wheel alignment done on the ute a couple of years ago, and asked if they noticed if the front diff was leaking, to which they replied, "um... you're kidding right, you're car doesn't have a front diff!" I decided I just have one of those cars that is best left to Holden to service... :(

do u have a 4wd ute?

gslrallysport
23rd June 2009, 07:13 PM
Yep, I've got a Cross 6 One Tonner:

http://photo1.carbuddy.com.au/factory/photos/EGL05D.jpg <- Except mine's white.

Same running gear as an Adventra or Crewman Cross 6 (or HSV Coupe4 :D), but no one knows it was also available in a One Tonner. So I doubt your normal Midas or Ultra Tune are going to know what to do properly with a Commodore with 2 extra diffs... :(

USC
23rd June 2009, 10:03 PM
nice..Ive seen them around :)