PDA

View Full Version : Is it true?

DJ Smokn Joe
22nd June 2009, 11:10 AM
Hey guys,

Just wondering... I have heard this from a few people and my good mate and i was wondering if the facts are true?

Can i put a Holden calibra engine in my Holden combo van? apparently its a str8 fit, besides the wiring? can anyone confirm this?

If its true.. I'm chucking that in my combo van ahahah

cheers
Joe

PrincessPeachey
22nd June 2009, 11:25 AM
It should be a fairly straight swap over, the calibra engine's been put into a GSi over at the Holden Barina forums (look for Rufion's thread) but of course you'll have to upgrade a few things along with it. :)

poita
22nd June 2009, 11:36 AM
yep can be done

here is rufions thread here :)

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18684

Wraith
22nd June 2009, 12:50 PM
Suppose you can except for a Cali V6 engine :)

Hey Smokn Joe, find yourself a wrecked Cali T and throw the C20LET in there :D

rjastra
22nd June 2009, 12:56 PM
Would it be legal though? Both emissions and %increase in capacity/power over original engine

Wraith
22nd June 2009, 01:00 PM
Would it be legal though? Both emissions and %increase in capacity/power over original engine

Good point and yes unless done properly it's illegal...

Even swapping for another of the same, you would need to comply the new engine numbers with the RTA.

If going to a different powerplant, you need to get it engineer and emissions certified, then over to the RTA for an inspection and registration...

Shay
22nd June 2009, 01:02 PM
Suppose you can except for a Cali V6 engine :)

Hey Smokn Joe, find yourself a wrecked Cali T and throw the C20LET in there :D

that smiley is there purely as a GOOD LUCK! isnt it :D

DJ Smokn Joe
22nd June 2009, 01:08 PM
who ever said the rta needs to know? lol its a combo van.. whos going to expect a combo van worked off its tit..

and if i do get pulled over... ahh what are you guys talking about.. i bought the car like this for work? whats a turbo? i dont understand hahahaha

Wraith
22nd June 2009, 01:12 PM
that smiley is there purely as a GOOD LUCK! isnt it :D

Yes that too, but mainly the smile you'll have with the added power :)

Wraith
22nd June 2009, 01:18 PM
who ever said the rta needs to know? lol its a combo van.. whos going to expect a combo van worked off its tit..

and if i do get pulled over... ahh what are you guys talking about.. i bought the car like this for work? whats a turbo? i dont understand hahahaha

In an ideal World for yourself I'd say you could get away with all of the above :)

But back to reality, if your pulled over by knowledgable members of the law (believe it or not some of them are, especially those who do the rounds hunting for modded cars to give them 'canaries') or your invovled in an accident, then your going to have concerns...

Shay
22nd June 2009, 01:36 PM
to be honest from what ive heard, the engineers are really helpful, and arent terribly expensive, better to be safe than sorry...

mr corsa
22nd June 2009, 04:20 PM
my mate has a combo with a c20let