PDA

View Full Version : Importing a Sig?

Jerram
21st June 2009, 12:01 PM
Let's be realistic. Given the current climate, I'd estimate around a 30% chance that there will be any form of Insignia sold by the Holden Group in Australia anytime soon. Now that seems a big waste, because from what I've heard, the Insignia is an awesome car.

Now, I know that we have some cashed up car loving members here at opelaus, and I'm wondering are any of them (or anyone else) thinking about importing one over here for pant wetting exclusivity?

Manda88
21st June 2009, 02:33 PM
If they did come here but, I'd feel jibbed after importing, best make sure its top of the line vxr one. I still want a vectra vxr :p

ChrisMaz
21st June 2009, 02:46 PM
If they did come here but, I'd feel jibbed after importing, best make sure its top of the line vxr one. I still want a vectra vxr :p

I'd rather the Vectra i35 :devil:

I'll try and Import an OPC Insignia on hopes and dreams.

stevedee3
21st June 2009, 06:02 PM
I'll try and Import an OPC Insignia on hopes and dreams.You'd better get the Vauxhall (VXR) version, otherwise you'll be on the wrong side of the road...

9090GO
21st June 2009, 06:56 PM
From what I know, you have to own the vehicle for a period of time (18 months?) before you can import it into Australia, stupid I know lol...

xplosv57
21st June 2009, 07:09 PM
From what I know, you have to own the vehicle for a period of time (18 months?) before you can import it into Australia, stupid I know lol...

Yep, the only person i know who's brought a car over from the UK to here had to own it for that time till it was able to be brought here!

Manda88
21st June 2009, 10:35 PM
You'd better get the Vauxhall (VXR) version, otherwise you'll be on the wrong side of the road...

its legal for us in WA :D just sucks at maccas drivethrus lol:p

Wraith
22nd June 2009, 10:15 AM
Now, I know that we have some cashed up car loving members here at opelaus, and I'm wondering are any of them (or anyone else) thinking about importing one over here for pant wetting exclusivity?

LOL really :lol: who would they be...

I love your thinking of exclusivity, but if I were to do the above, I wouldn't waste my time or money on an Insignia IMHO it ain't that special to warrant that effort, many other better choices, but each to his own :)

I reckon you should do it Jerram, just get yourself a 2nd or 3rd job save your pennies over the next couple of years and if you still like it by then, go for it :)

Wraith
22nd June 2009, 10:17 AM
You'd better get the Vauxhall (VXR) version, otherwise you'll be on the wrong side of the road...

Agree - a much better choice :)