PDA

View Full Version : I need a 'Tool of the century' award!!

rodsfromday
19th June 2009, 06:07 PM
Check this out!!
So i bought the SRI-t rimz off Nuggz. Man everything went sweet and finally my rims get delivered this morning. The first thing i did was to give it a good clean. They were ready to go on the car when i noticed that i have a 4 stud:yikes::yikes::yikes:!! WTF!!! I was so eager to get them rims that i did not even take the time to check my own wheels!!:blush::blush:!! I just assumed i had a 5 stud!! Is this the end of the road for me or is there a light at the end of the tunnel???

sooty
19th June 2009, 06:10 PM
Check this out!!
So i bought the SRI-t rimz off Nuggz. Man everything went sweet and finally my rims get delivered this morning. The first thing i did was to give it a good clean. They were ready to go on the car when i noticed that i have a 4 stud:yikes::yikes::yikes:!! WTF!!! I was so eager to get them rims that i did not even take the time to check my own wheels!!:blush::blush:!! I just assumed i had a 5 stud!! Is this the end of the road for me or is there a light at the end of the tunnel???

you can do a 5 stud conversion, check them out on AON, it has been done before.
Means you can put 308s on the front too;)
But nothing can be done without costing you a bit more.

gman
19th June 2009, 06:13 PM
The conversion is the only way you can get them to fit...

(PS: Nice avatar....)

xplosv57
19th June 2009, 06:17 PM
haha dual tool of the century award, second one for stealing gmans avatar lol!!!

rodsfromday
19th June 2009, 06:28 PM
you can do a 5 stud conversion, check them out on AON, it has been done before.
Means you can put 308s on the front too;)
But nothing can be done without costing you a bit more.
Thanx, BTW, what is AON?

The conversion is the only way you can get them to fit...

(PS: Nice avatar....)
Yeah i thought so too......wasnt aware you had it too!!

haha dual tool of the century award, second one for stealing gmans avatar lol!!!
And too think it came all the way from South Africa! Shit will have too change it now!

Shay
19th June 2009, 06:30 PM
Thanx, BTW, what is AON?

Yeah i thought so too......wasnt aware you had it too!!

And too think it came all the way from South Africa! Shit will have too change it now!

Astra Owners Network

sooty
19th June 2009, 06:32 PM
Thanx, BTW, what is AON?

Astra Owners Network

Yeah, astraownersnetwork... HUGE astra site in the UK
Clicky (http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/forum.php)

rodsfromday
19th June 2009, 06:35 PM
Thanx for that!!!

Jerram
19th June 2009, 07:15 PM
nice change to - Tacho from Early-Late Mid 90s BMWs.

Nurb608
19th June 2009, 07:17 PM
I'll take 2 of them off ya hand to fit slicks :)

rodsfromday
19th June 2009, 07:17 PM
nice change to - Tacho from Early-Late Mid 90s BMWs.

Well i needed something quick to get rid of my dual tool award...1 award was enough!! Will update that soon!!

rodsfromday
19th June 2009, 07:20 PM

How ironic, they just came up from Vic! Just checking the feasibility option whether to upgrade to 5 stud or flog them and get me something else! Will keep you posted.

Nurb608
19th June 2009, 07:23 PM
How ironic, they just came up from Vic! Just checking the feasibility option whether to upgrade to 5 stud or flog them and get me something else! Will keep you posted.

Yeah, i was too late noticing the thread that nuggz put up lol

Manda88
19th June 2009, 07:34 PM
Brotek FTW!

angle grinder + welder always best way.. cause you know thats safe!! :p

Brazza
19th June 2009, 07:42 PM
It is relatively easy to find decent looking 4 stud wheels that aren't extremely expensive... I guess it all comes down to whether or not the conversion to 5 stud is too expensive/difficult to be justifiable...

good luck mate

rodsfromday
19th June 2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah I have seen a few but really like this rim. Going to check out some wreckers in the morning. With my luck being up here in Townsville and with an accent, they will probably want to charge me an arm and a leg....haha!!

rodsfromday
20th June 2009, 10:34 AM
Went to some wreckers and they say i am looking at in excess of $500-600 to get the hub upgrade done. Due to this fact i just wanna flog my car and get me the SRI-T now. Not sure how the whole finance would work as my car is currently still under finance and i have it only for 6 months.
The other option would be too sell the rims off and try and recoup what i have spent on them thus far.
I will be hitting the piss hard tonight..........

tomtom
20th June 2009, 08:35 PM

I'll take 4 of them (depending on what price youre after).

PM me :)

Shay
21st June 2009, 02:07 AM
I'll take 4 of them (depending on what price youre after).

PM me :)

why would you want 17's?
sell the to rusk, he has stock G cd rims, poor fella

tomtom
21st June 2009, 03:08 PM
why would you want 17's?
sell the to rusk, he has stock G cd rims, poor fella

yer nah i realised later on that he was talking about TS sri T rims on the H.

Wraith
22nd June 2009, 12:55 PM
Check this out!!

Hahahahaha LOL that is a brain freeze moment LOL :lol:

Just re-sell them...there'll be plenty of takers here ;)