PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live

Rusk
18th June 2009, 08:30 PM
Does anyone play ? If so what games and your gamertag

000OGY
18th June 2009, 09:04 PM
yeh man ghost recon 2 the most.. also a bit of forza motorsport 2.. call of duty

Brazza
18th June 2009, 09:29 PM
Halo 3 is the only XBL game I play other than that I just like games with a good story.

Calibrated
19th June 2009, 10:19 AM
still need to get myself a wireless dongle for my 360 so i can use my xbox live.

havent really been hardcore into gaming for ages, but trying to play a bit more lately.
just started playing F.E.A.R extraction point, and will then move onto Perseus Mandate. mostly racing games in my rack though. and cricket of course.

Brazza
19th June 2009, 10:29 AM
still need to get myself a wireless dongle for my 360 so i can use my xbox live.

They are ridiculously overpriced.. I got lucky cos I went to brisbane modchips in marsden and he was keen to make a sale so I somehow got up the nerve to talk him down in price. (still can't believe I did that lol)

Even then it was still over $100 but it has proven to be a very useful accessory so you could almost argue that it is worth it... almost

gman
19th June 2009, 10:31 AM
Definately Call of Duty 4....CoD World at War just doesn't do it for me the same way. They are bringing out a Modern Warfare 2 (sort of CoD4.5) and the short look v.good.

BTW I have a Xbox 360 wireless dongle for sale if your interested... ;)

Calibrated
19th June 2009, 10:42 AM
Definately Call of Duty 4....CoD World at War just doesn't do it for me the same way. They are bringing out a Modern Warfare 2 (sort of CoD4.5) and the short look v.good.

BTW I have a Xbox 360 wireless dongle for sale if your interested... ;)

pm me

cholly
19th June 2009, 02:12 PM
I play halo 3 online, and dead or alive 4 aannnndddd yer lol
my gamer tag is cholly636561
add me lol

has anyone got the game prototype? if not...get it!! awesome awsome game!

gman
19th June 2009, 02:34 PM
Mines right below as my sig.... :)

DEE-80Y
19th June 2009, 03:19 PM
I normally play CoD4 Modern Warfare and CoD WaW. I am looking forward to Modern Warfare 2, should be good.

My gamertag is DeeBoyAus if anyone wants to add me, just advise your from O/A and I will accept.

gman
19th June 2009, 03:24 PM
If you see Troff Lolly online thats me...I'll try and add you later or add me..

poita
19th June 2009, 05:06 PM
ash you can also use a dlink/belkin/cisco/netgear etc etc etc access point instead of the xbox wifi dongle

Brazza
19th June 2009, 06:08 PM
GT= AussieProid

That is all.

Calibrated
19th June 2009, 07:32 PM
calibrated85 :)

MAD-16V
19th June 2009, 09:08 PM
Masterkizz

Streetfighter 4 - Gears of war 1 and 2

gman
19th June 2009, 11:37 PM
add me lol

I normally play CoD4 Modern Warfare and CoD WaW. I am looking forward to Modern Warfare 2, should be good.

My gamertag is DeeBoyAus if anyone wants to add me, just advise your from O/A and I will accept.

Masterkizz

GT= AussieProid

That is all.

Friend requests sent to all

DEE-80Y
20th June 2009, 07:27 AM
Friend requests sent to all

Accepted.

DEE-80Y
20th June 2009, 07:33 AM
add me lol

GT= AussieProid

That is all.

Masterkizz

All Added. Just pending to accept.

I think we may need a CoD Modern warfare night

cholly
20th June 2009, 09:44 AM
i am yet to buy this game, ill get it soon haha!

DEE-80Y
21st June 2009, 08:31 AM
When I bought CoD W@W, the guy said he overclock (or something like that) his Xbox live connection and now has such a good connection that he can host games, even the Americans. Is this true? Can it be done? and if so, how do I do it? I Cable and a Netgear Modem/Router and I still only get an avg. of 2 bars connection on CoD4.

Is it possible to increase this? or was the dude F of S?

Rusk
21st June 2009, 10:07 AM
When I bought CoD W@W, the guy said he overclock (or something like that) his Xbox live connection and now has such a good connection that he can host games, even the Americans. Is this true? Can it be done? and if so, how do I do it? I Cable and a Netgear Modem/Router and I still only get an avg. of 2 bars connection on CoD4.

You defiently can get better conections but to what extrent I'm not sure. Or how.

I'm gonna go on halo prolly in a hr if anyone wanna play add xXxRuskxXx

gman
21st June 2009, 12:55 PM
Not sure about overclocking your connection. The speed you have with your ISP is what ever they allow and the wiring will allow.

Mine here in HK is very quick and I usually end up host for games from teh US, Europe and Oz...

Sometimes it sucks as the Xbox slows a bit, but its usually not a prob till you get whinging Yanks on there with yellow connections.

If your the host and the only green connection they whinge and whine. Even had a "clan" all report me to xbox live. They call and I told them. The other guys got some sort of ban.. :)

MAD-16V
21st June 2009, 04:03 PM

He is F of S , No matter how fast your connection is , latency will always exist because of the time it takes your signal to go to half way around the world and back. ( bout 200 - 300 ms )

You can always host a game with people from any country , But they will have a severe lag disadvantage in comparison to people that are closer to your local connection/country.

DEE-80Y
21st June 2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, sometimes I get all green bars. But usually I will have around 2 bars of connection with a peak of three at times.

I was just curious to see if there was any way of increasing my speed to a consistant 3 bar connection with a peak of four bars.

darkirv
21st June 2009, 06:38 PM
im DiSlUsOnAl IRV if anyone wants too add me lol

DEE-80Y
24th June 2009, 03:59 AM
Amazing how I'd posted something a while ago about Xbox live and got a few comments like 'couldn't you afford a PS3?'. And look now, MORE xbox gamers on here with feedback an Q's and nothing to do with PS3 in the nerd section.

Where did they all go? I guess the PS3 was TOO expensive and there were only a couple of playstation people here :p.

gman
24th June 2009, 11:01 AM
I've got both a PS3 and XBOX 360. I bought the PS3 for GT5 & to play Blu rays. All good but GT5 still isn't out yet!!!!

As a general rule I find for PS3, games are always more expensive to buy and very few are actually any better than on XBOX.

PS3 is undoubtedly a more powerful console. I know of a few companies that have stripped them down and reprogrammed them to be used as brute force machines for transcoding, calculations and algorithims.

I have seen (in the flesh) a bank of 24 PS3's all hooked up & brute forcing a machine code key. Aparently its cheaper and quicker than any other system they can get their hands on.

Anyways, if the games are the same on both systems, I'll use the XBOX because they are cheaper and there are more online players.

PS3's biggest problem it that the game designers are having trouble writing games for the way the PS3 works to take full advantage of all the extra power it has. Even converting games over takes forever.

That's why only 5 or 6 games are really able to show off how good it is. Killzone 2 and one other that I can;t remember the name of (some Adventures of ......) are the best examples of the power of the PS3.

I've got CoD4 on both PS3 and XBOX, but I only play it in XBOX as there is now where near as many online players in PS3 and it looks exactly the same.

Besides, I like the XBOX controller better now I'm used to it and haev been able to mod it for rapid fire... :)

sooty
24th June 2009, 11:12 AM
Where did they all go? I guess the PS3 was TOO expensive and there were only a couple of playstation people here :p.

Still here, and all us ps3'ers have already added eachother:p Just didn't want to hijack the thread so we let you 360'ers have it..;)

alts
24th June 2009, 12:00 PM
I have an XBOX1 but its oldschool. Its setup with XBMC to watch our videos that we legally aquire.. ;) Plays em out real good quality from my wireless connection to the router.. and there is a funny little blue cord that sticks into the XBOX..

MAD-16V
24th June 2009, 04:49 PM
I'm "Malevolant" on the ps3 if anyone wants to add me.

DEE-80Y
26th June 2009, 06:45 PM
all us ps3'ers have already added eachother:p Just didn't want to hijack the thread so we let you 360'ers have it..;)

I'm "Malevolant" on the ps3 if anyone wants to add me.

Senor Ed
2nd July 2009, 08:24 AM
My xbox live gamertag is ....wait for it: Senor Ed

Got all the COD's, fifa, nba, tiger woods.

And i never play my Ps3....i bought it for the same reason as gman

DEE-80Y
2nd July 2009, 03:32 PM
My xbox live gamertag is ....wait for it: Senor Ed

Got all the COD's, fifa, nba, tiger woods.

And i never play my Ps3....i bought it for the same reason as gman

add me lol

You defiently can get better conections but to what extrent I'm not sure. Or how.

I'm gonna go on halo prolly in a hr if anyone wanna play add xXxRuskxXx

Added and pending approval.

Brazza
9th July 2009, 09:10 PM
F@ckin Red ring of death :cryin:

hopefully it will go away with a few hours of rest like it did last time ...

gman
11th July 2009, 11:43 AM
Mine did that when it over heated...Cooled it off and away it went again no probs... :)

Hope its OK mate....

Brazza
11th July 2009, 02:25 PM
Yeah I thought it may have been temporary so I left it overnight and tried it again and it still served me a hot cup of fail...

All I can say is thank God for warranty... still 3 weeks without it while MS tinkers though and I'm pretty sure my xbl subscription is coming to an end within that time :mad:

DEE-80Y
11th July 2009, 03:23 PM
Yeah I thought it may have been temporary so I left it overnight and tried it again and it still served me a hot cup of fail...

All I can say is thank God for warranty... still 3 weeks without it while MS tinkers though and I'm pretty sure my xbl subscription is coming to an end within that time :mad:

MS normally send a one month live subscription for the troubles. At least they did for me. The only down side to warranty repair is mine came back and was noisier than before, but I just deal with it now.

Good luck with the repair.

cholly
12th July 2009, 08:08 AM
halo 3 tonite anyone?

Brazza
13th July 2009, 10:25 AM
MS normally send a one month live subscription for the troubles. At least they did for me. The only down side to warranty repair is mine came back and was noisier than before, but I just deal with it now.

Good luck with the repair.

Thanks mate

Yeah I don't care about the noise, everyone that whinges about it must be playing solitaire or something because so far I haven't played a single game that doesn't drown out the noise of the box with its music/sound sound effects...

gman
17th July 2009, 02:53 PM
Well oops...He he he...

I just got an email from XBOX Live...I was playing CoD4 online the other night and someones lodged a compliant against me for Cheating and Harassment...

I think it might have been when i was playing Headquarters with a bunch of guys from the US and this tool joined in...He ended up getting something like 4 & 38!!!!

We were all mucking around so I cooked a grenade, held on to it and ran into our Headquarters chanting something over Arabic the mic (you get the idea) and blew 5 of the 6 other team as well as myself up...We all though it was funny....Even the other guys from the other team did. One had Eavesdrop perk and they were all p*ssing themselves at the end of the game...

XBOX have given me a warning...Seriously...Some people need to get over themselves and get a sense of humour....I still think its funny...But I suppose that should be a warning to everyone...Don;t drink to excess and play FPS games on line with humourless Americans....

poita
17th July 2009, 02:55 PM
rofl rofl rofl

would of been hilarious to of been playing!

gman
17th July 2009, 02:58 PM
rofl rofl rofl

would of been hilarious to of been playing!

I was seriously smashed, been out with clients for drinking...Thought, "I'll have a game before bed"...Everyone was killing themselves laughing... :D

One guy was calling me Osama for the rest of the time we were online... ;)

MAD-16V
17th July 2009, 03:50 PM
Oh man , That's what xbox live is all about.
Should start a thread to see who has been banned the most :)

DEE-80Y
3rd August 2009, 06:24 PM
Well oops...He he he...

I just got an email from XBOX Live...I was playing CoD4 online the other night and someones lodged a compliant against me for Cheating and Harassment...

I think it might have been when i was playing Headquarters with a bunch of guys from the US and this tool joined in...He ended up getting something like 4 & 38!!!!

We were all mucking around so I cooked a grenade, held on to it and ran into our Headquarters chanting something over Arabic the mic (you get the idea) and blew 5 of the 6 other team as well as myself up...We all though it was funny....Even the other guys from the other team did. One had Eavesdrop perk and they were all p*ssing themselves at the end of the game...

XBOX have given me a warning...Seriously...Some people need to get over themselves and get a sense of humour....I still think its funny...But I suppose that should be a warning to everyone...Don;t drink to excess and play FPS games on line with humourless Americans....

Hahahahaha.... That's GOLD!