PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Nerds

poita
18th June 2009, 08:29 PM
There seems to be quite a few tech heads on teh forum, so decided to add a section for us.

So anything console, computer, mobile phone etc etc through up in here

May expand to other sections depending on usage popularity.
We will see.

Cheers Peter

Rusk
18th June 2009, 08:31 PM
Hey nice idea m8 make for good discussion

Vectracious
18th June 2009, 08:31 PM
must have pocket protector to post in this section :p

Rusk
18th June 2009, 08:32 PM

???

Shay
18th June 2009, 08:32 PM
does mean we can use it for tech advice as well as tech chat?

poita
18th June 2009, 08:35 PM
certainly can shay

Vectracious
18th June 2009, 08:35 PM
???
you won't get it.

does mean we can use it for tech advice as well as tech chat?

Definately!

we'll just get gman to do a disclaimer for any advice given by any member in this section :p

Neeko
19th June 2009, 09:06 AM
If anyone owns a legendary Motorola V6 or V9 and your sick of having plain skins i can help you :)

At the beginning of the year i did a whole write up of how to use several programs to upload new skins onto the motorola range.

I can also re-flash (re-install the firmware) all motorola phones. I changed my phone from a "3" to a "Telstra" phone. Changed the menus around and unlocked some cool features.

Anyways if your keen pm me ur email and i'll send out the programs, skins and instructions on how its done :)

Nico

simmy
19th June 2009, 09:52 AM
i can tell by the looks of this thread... i aint gonna be posting much..lol. so this is probly the one and only post!

enjoy :D

Jerram
19th June 2009, 09:57 AM
If anyone owns a legendary Motorola V6 or V9 and your sick of having plain skins i can help you :)

At the beginning of the year i did a whole write up of how to use several programs to upload new skins onto the motorola range.

I can also re-flash (re-install the firmware) all motorola phones. I changed my phone from a "3" to a "Telstra" phone. Changed the menus around and unlocked some cool features.

Anyways if your keen pm me ur email and i'll send out the programs, skins and instructions on how its done :)

Nico

I own a legendary V6 that has the brilliant problem of dropping out of the network all the time, leaving my phone quite useless to receive calls/txt until I reset the antennae. Brilliant I tell you. Thank goodness my plan finishes in August.

Neeko
19th June 2009, 10:00 AM
I own a legendary V6 that has the brilliant problem of dropping out of the network all the time, leaving my phone quite useless to receive calls/txt until I reset the antennae. Brilliant I tell you. Thank goodness my plan finishes in August.

weird out of the 25 problems i had with the phone that wasnt one of them.
Sure its not the reception?
I dropped mine once and the antenna un-clicked itself from the housing. Just had to pop it back in and BAM full reception back.

if you want some skins though to help get through these depressing non reception times i can definitely help out ;)

Jerram
19th June 2009, 10:03 AM
weird out of the 25 problems i had with the phone that wasnt one of them.
Sure its not the reception?
I dropped mine once and the antenna un-clicked itself from the housing. Just had to pop it back in and BAM full reception back.

if you want some skins though to help get through these depressing non reception times i can definitely help out ;)

nah I live in the burbs and I'm with Next G - you think that that of all networks would work. it's already highway robbery the piss poor amount of calls you get on the plan, let alone the phone being nothing more then a crappy camera

Neeko
19th June 2009, 10:13 AM
nah I live in the burbs and I'm with Next G - you think that that of all networks would work. it's already highway robbery the piss poor amount of calls you get on the plan, let alone the phone being nothing more then a crappy camera

actually i have to disagree with u there, the V6 camera is better than the V9 :(

Calibrated
19th June 2009, 10:17 AM

gman
19th June 2009, 10:41 AM
we'll just get gman to do a disclaimer for any advice given by any member in this section :p

How's this??

General Notice:

All information posted here is done so by self-proclaimed know-it-all's, nerds, tech heads and other technically inclined or more likely technically challenged person(s).

As such, all information, diagrams, descriptions and other inventions, investigations, break-through's and leaps in technological excellence herein is strictly for reference purposes only and in no way should you rely on the ramblings of some guys on a forum. Seriously don't rely on them, even if they happen to be right once in a while.

In other words, use anything and everything posted herein at your own risk!!!!

Jerram
19th June 2009, 10:42 AM
How's this??

General Notice:

All information posted here is done so by self-proclaimed know-it-all's, nerds, tech heads and other technically inclined or more likely technically challenged person(s).

As such, all information, diagrams, descriptions and other inventions, investigations, break-through's and leaps in technological excellence herein is strictly for reference purposes only and in no way should you rely on the ramblings of some guys on a forum. Seriously don't rely on them, even if they happen to be right one in a while.

win

Calibrated
19th June 2009, 10:43 AM
How's this??

General Notice:

As such, all information, diagrams, descriptions and other inventions, investigations, break-through's and leaps in technological excellence herein is strictly for reference purposes only and in no way should you rely on the ramblings of some guys on a forum. Seriously don't rely on them, even if they happen to be right one in a while.

once :D

gman
19th June 2009, 10:48 AM
once :D

fixed...Damn keyboard...... ;)

Calibrated
19th June 2009, 10:55 AM
spelling nazi to the rescue :D

gman
19th June 2009, 10:58 AM
spelling nazi to the rescue :D

LOL...Come on..I knocked it out in 3 minutes whilst on a conference call in between posting other comments and taking notes...

And you get picked on for one little spelling mistake... :D

Neeko
19th June 2009, 11:34 AM
How's this??

General Notice:

As such, all information, diagrams, descriptions and other inventions, investigations, break-through's and leaps in technological excellence herein is strictly for reference purposes only and in no way should you rely on the ramblings of some guys on a forum. Seriously don't rely on them, even if they happen to be right once in a while.

that'll do it :)
good stuff glen :D

btm
19th June 2009, 12:14 PM
so the nerds get a section and the shire doesnt :rolleyes:

:p

gman
19th June 2009, 12:17 PM
so the nerds get a section and the shire doesnt :rolleyes:

:p

Same same isn't it???

Oh Sorry...Shire folks are Hobbit's not nerds...My bad.. :)

btm
19th June 2009, 01:08 PM
Same same isn't it???

Oh Sorry...Shire folks are Hobbit's not nerds...My bad.. :)

:inncazato:

gman
19th June 2009, 01:10 PM

I think I have just had my "Shire" Visa revoked... LOL :D

Maybe that trip south when I'm back next week might have to be called off...

daaaaavek
19th June 2009, 02:24 PM
I'll be in the Shire on Monday night at the NRL game .. car 'n all.

btm
19th June 2009, 02:28 PM
i'll be at the game too. car is staying at home though

gman
19th June 2009, 02:36 PM
Monday I'll still be in HK sweating it out in 30+ degree heat and 92+% humidity....

Friday I'll be back in Oz and by all accounts freezing my butt off....

Kudrow
19th June 2009, 05:38 PM
actually i have to disagree with u there, the V6 camera is better than the V9 :(

Camera on my K850 beats both. The end. :p

Shay
19th June 2009, 05:40 PM
camera on my tz-15 beats all of those

Kudrow
19th June 2009, 05:46 PM
camera on my tz-15 beats all of those

For 2 reasons your incorrect:

It's Panasonic.
My SLR beats your TX-15.

Shay
19th June 2009, 05:53 PM
For 2 reasons your incorrect:

It's Panasonic.
My SLR beats your TX-15.

haha, i just assumed you were still talking about a phone...

Neeko
20th June 2009, 10:09 AM
Camera on my K850 beats both. The end. :p

cholly
20th June 2009, 11:30 AM
the camera on my hiptop is the shittest ever....

hazrd
20th June 2009, 04:19 PM
just took 87 photos on my N85 to attach to our condition report here at the house

crystal clear :D

gman
20th June 2009, 05:32 PM
The LG Viewty one I have as a second phone takes some good ones too...

Calibrated
22nd June 2009, 09:19 AM
the camera on my hiptop is the shittest ever....
its just a shit phone. period.

Brazza
22nd June 2009, 09:22 AM
just took 87 photos on my N85 to attach to our condition report here at the house

crystal clear :D

N85 FTW!!! lol

but Nokia seriously needs to release new firmware with less bugs!!

Wraith
22nd June 2009, 10:01 AM

Damn, no more pocket billiards then :o :lol:

cholly
22nd June 2009, 07:17 PM
its just a shit phone. period.
yer, and havnt i found out the hard way...
lol

Brazza
23rd June 2009, 10:16 AM
yer, and havnt i found out the hard way...
lol

my brother and one of my mates both have one and in both of their hiptops the little ball navigation thing has died. On top of that, 2 weeks after he took it to the telstra shop and came back with a loaned hiptop, the ball thing in that broke as well.

motorola = FAIL.