PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: SAAB Sold to Koenigsegg

gman
17th June 2009, 02:33 PM
Koenigsegg has bought SAAB putting it back in Swedish control for the first time in 20 years. The sale is based on a US$600M loan from the European Investment Bank and backed by the Swedish Government....

GM has agreed to provide engine and other tech for a "limited" time.

Shay
17th June 2009, 04:15 PM
does this mean saabs might start looking cool :yikes:
and have some decent performance.

i <3 Koenigsegg

actually did a full on report in year 11 on the aerodynamics of the koenigsegg ccx.

ChrisMaz
17th June 2009, 04:30 PM
Good news for Swedes all round I guess.

gman
17th June 2009, 04:32 PM
SAAB was never going to go under and GM really wanted in gone...

Thats why the Swedish Govt backed the loan....

USC
17th June 2009, 07:57 PM
now someone needs to buy opel :)

Shay
17th June 2009, 07:58 PM
koenigsegg :D

Wraith
18th June 2009, 08:37 AM
does this mean saabs might start looking cool :yikes:
and have some decent performance.

i <3 Koenigsegg

actually did a full on report in year 11 on the aerodynamics of the koenigsegg ccx.

Looking cool....as said in the other thread, Koenigsegg produce so far IMHO is even uglier than SAAB's best...

But if SAAB vehicles are now going to incorporate Koenigsegg mechanical DNA then performance at least will be good...

Only thing is they may have to enlist the Stig to help suggest ways of improving their design (as already done on their flagship) :p

They still are a fairly new and 'learning' vehicle manufacturer :)

sooty
18th June 2009, 07:59 PM
Koenigsegg produce so far IMHO is even uglier than SAAB's best...

This is ugly?:eek:
http://www.nextautos.com/files/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/koenigsegg-ccxr.jpg

MatsHolden
18th June 2009, 08:07 PM
now someone needs to buy opel :)

Sberbank and Magna have... or is that not finalised as yet?

rjastra
18th June 2009, 10:35 PM
This is ugly?:eek:
http://www.nextautos.com/files/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/koenigsegg-ccxr.jpg

Fast, amazing.... but ugly

Shay
19th June 2009, 02:23 AM
omg shame on you guys... one of the most beautiful cars ever made, im with you ain.

Wraith
19th June 2009, 09:51 AM
Fast, amazing.... but ugly

+ 1 especially in orange :p

In my eyes it's damn ugly from most angles what's happening with that front end ?? LOL (not bad though in the angle of the pic above and left alone in CF finish) and when compared to other supercar vehicles in the same league, it's definitely the ugly duckling of them all...well maybe some TVR's are worse :D

gman
19th June 2009, 11:24 AM
Sberbank and Magna have... or is that not finalised as yet?

Done and just now needs the ink to dry...Vauxhall is tried in there too...

gman
19th June 2009, 11:27 AM
+ 1 especially in orange :p

In my eyes it's damn ugly from most angles what's happening with that front end ?? LOL (not bad though in the angle of the pic above and left alone in CF finish) and when compared to other supercar vehicles in the same league, it's definitely the ugly duckling of them all...well maybe some TVR's are worse :D

I don;t mine it actually...Bit like the Pagani Zonda...They are beautiful because they work so well and are amazing examples of engineering...

Wraith
19th June 2009, 12:11 PM
Done and just now needs the ink to dry...Vauxhall is tried in there too...

Fingers crossed these vehicles will continue to come to Aust.

Wraith
19th June 2009, 12:15 PM
I don;t mine it actually...Bit like the Pagani Zonda...They are beautiful because they work so well and are amazing examples of engineering...

Agree, viewed from an engineering standpoint they are extremely attractive vehicles, regarding the Zonda in my eyes aesthetically speaking this is a very good looking vehicle, just something about the CCX lines that don't make it aesthetically appealing to me...:)