PDA

View Full Version : China Bans Renaults

MatsHolden
11th June 2009, 05:51 PM
This is hillarious. Pot calling the kettle black.

From LeftLaneNews

Chinese automakers are best known for their spotty quality and poor crash worthiness, but China’s General Administration of Quality Supervision Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) has flipped the script as it has banned the importation of some Renault models due to “serious safety risks” and quality issues.

The AQSIQ has banned the importation of the Renault Laguna, Scenic, Megane and Megane Coupe-Cabriolet, according to Automotive News. The agency failed to identify any specific safety problems or quality concerns, but did release a statement on the matter.
“In recent import inspections, we have repeatedly found batches of passenger vehicles made by the French Renault … do not conform with our country’s mandatory standards and relevant technical regulations, and there are serious safety risks.”
Renault says all models in question are built at Western factories with the same standards as global market cars. Every model cited by the AQSIQ has received a five star rating from Europe’s EuroNCAP.
China is one of Renault’s smallest markets, with only 900 vehicles sold there last year.

9090GO
11th June 2009, 07:14 PM
From what I know, China bans Renault is because politic reasons, saying Renault models has “serious safety risks” is just to cover whats behind.

tomtom
11th June 2009, 09:08 PM
From what I know, China bans Renault is because politic reasons, saying Renault models has “serious safety risks” is just to cover whats behind.

My favourite part of China is the way it thinks its all "modern" now that its built big expensive buildings.

The "Administration of Quality Supervision Inspection and Quarantine"? Yer I've got an admin for quality control too. In my pants.

China, youre not modern at all.

9090GO
11th June 2009, 09:31 PM
I think we should stay awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay from politics, don't you? Haha

tomtom
11th June 2009, 09:32 PM
I think we should stay awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay from politics, don't you? Haha

i n retrospec and OA's track record sine I've been here, yes. lets do that. lolol

poita
11th June 2009, 09:49 PM
bloody good idea that

HoldenAstra
11th June 2009, 10:01 PM
From LeftLaneNews

Chinese automakers are best known for their spotty quality and poor crash worthiness, but China’s General Administration of Quality Supervision Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) has flipped the script as it has banned the importation of some Renault models due to “serious safety risks” and quality issues.

The AQSIQ has banned the importation of the Renault Laguna, Scenic, Megane and Megane Coupe-Cabriolet, according to Automotive News. The agency failed to identify any specific safety problems or quality concerns, but did release a statement on the matter.
“In recent import inspections, we have repeatedly found batches of passenger vehicles made by the French Renault … do not conform with our country’s mandatory standards and relevant technical regulations, and there are serious safety risks.”
Renault says all models in question are built at Western factories with the same standards as global market cars. Every model cited by the AQSIQ has received a five star rating from Europe’s EuroNCAP.
China is one of Renault’s smallest markets, with only 900 vehicles sold there last year.

that's not the point!not that way.

those batches of Renault, about 160, have leaking and rust problems. Renault China says those cars were imported in 2007, those cars are kept too long in stock and they may not be took good care of while they are in stocking.that's why maybe.

do not always politics!

tomtom
11th June 2009, 10:52 PM
that's not the point!not that way.

those batches of Renault, about 160, have leaking and rust problems. Renault China says those cars were imported in 2007, those cars are kept too long in stock and they may not be took good care of while they are in stocking.that's why maybe.

do not always politics!

fair nuf guess we all learn a little bit about the world and ourselves each and everyday.

MatsHolden
11th June 2009, 11:29 PM
Wasn't trying to get into any political debate here fellers... just simply found it funny China calling 5 Star safety rating cars unsafe when their own manufacturers are building cars that aren't even worthy of a star.

HoldenAstra
11th June 2009, 11:48 PM
the problem is the stock is not well kept, not the building quality.

it looks like someone is selling you a can of Coke which is out of date.

MatsHolden
12th June 2009, 12:01 AM
the problem is the stock is not well kept, not the building quality.

Don't believe anyone was saying otherwise. It's still pretty rich coming from the Chinese. Funny thing is, a bit of storage damage and those Renaults would still KILL a Chinese car for safety! Maybe they need to take a look in their own backyard first...

Brazza
12th June 2009, 02:23 PM
hahahaha good find

JR
12th June 2009, 02:53 PM
yeah.....i laughed when i saw this article in the smh too :rolleyes:

wat does "the way the cars are stored, or lack off", have anything to do with the cars safety rating????
if anything, that's the neglect of the chinese car dealer.

as u guys already mentioned, they need to bring their own (designed & built) cars to atleast score a rating of 1!!!! :yikes:

ASTRAY
12th June 2009, 03:52 PM
seriously though, unless the dealers were storing the cars in a holding yard right by the sea, how could a brand new car rust to a "unsafe" condition in just 2.5 years?

i suppose brake discs/drums/etc get surface rust pretty quickly, and over the course of 2.5 years that rust could get to a point of where if you went for a quick drive and had to slam on the brakes suddenly, the brakes would slip while the bubbles of rust are wearing down.
but you cant expect any car to be perfect after 30 months of sitting in the elements.
id say there is some sort of hidden agenda.

lol maybe france is refusing to sell china some nukes or materials to make them. or perhaps a french man has offended a china man

either way, i find it very very hard to beleive that the cars were banned for safety reasons.

imay
12th June 2009, 04:48 PM
China Bans Renaults

. . . . and this is a bad thing because???:D

Maybe our government could take heed and follow the example set.

R3N
12th June 2009, 04:59 PM
Don't believe anyone was saying otherwise. It's still pretty rich coming from the Chinese. Funny thing is, a bit of storage damage and those Renaults would still KILL a Chinese car for safety! Maybe they need to take a look in their own backyard first...

That's why the Renaults are banned... its not safe for Chinese cars

Vectracious
12th June 2009, 05:42 PM
China Bans Renaults

. . . . and this is a bad thing because???:D

Maybe our government could take heed and follow the example set.

LOL

For the resale value if nothing else. ;)

Apex
12th June 2009, 06:31 PM
Im sure Renault gives a shit about 900 odd cars a year. I would doubt it has anything to do with quality, sure the Renaults aren’t a Lexus but they are still put together reasonably well.

Love my Megane :)