PDA

View Full Version : my new SRi

loslogo
10th June 2009, 11:38 PM
hey people, I just bought my first opel, its a 2002 1.8 SRi. My old car was a 94 SAAB 900s 2.0t which was developing all sorts of issues.. I'm really enjoying the SRi even though i feel like a bit of a girl driving it..

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7747/sri.jpg

Manda88
11th June 2009, 12:17 AM
welcome to the site, nice peice example of a barina/corsa ya got there. Post will probs be moved to new members section.

We use general discussion for just topic chat/news

Feel free to create a members car section to and view others lots of info for you in them.

Hope you enjoy your stay here! :D

mr corsa
11th June 2009, 07:29 AM
welcome and as for driving a girls car you get use to it :lol:

auzvectra
11th June 2009, 07:36 AM
welcome, yeah dont worry bout it, the uneducated think of the barina/corsa and the astra as chicks cars.
makes it beta for when u blast past them, u get the WTF response ;).

PaulyJ
11th June 2009, 08:11 AM
Moved to New Members section

Welcome to OA
Don't worry about what other people may think. As long as you're happy, thats all that matters.

btm
11th June 2009, 08:28 AM
welcome and congrats on the purchase!

Nurb608
11th June 2009, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the site mate. And as for being a girls car, there are quite a few on here that would put "man cars" to shame ;)

Keep'emRunning
11th June 2009, 09:07 AM
...If ithe barina's looked upon as a girly car, i'd happily put on a dress and high heels to have a drive of Mr Corsa's machine.

But it's definately not gonna be a good look from the outside! :D

Apex
11th June 2009, 09:15 AM
Nice car :cool:

Welcome to Opelaus.

GreyRex
11th June 2009, 09:37 AM
Hi and welcome

I've come from one and can assure you they're a fun car :)

Few small mods... tinted windows... debadging... Rear sway bar, can really help to transform the way it looks and drives

immenotu
11th June 2009, 09:44 AM
Nice SRi mate, welcome to the site!

You should have some fun driving it, i know i have in mine :D

daiflu
11th June 2009, 10:15 AM
Welcome.
Looks like a tidy car. You should have alot of fun with it.

hazrd
11th June 2009, 10:21 AM
Welcome mate... girls car? pfft.. tell them to think of something original and GTFO :)

tomtom
13th June 2009, 01:23 PM
...If ithe barina's looked upon as a girly car, i'd happily put on a dress and high heels to have a drive of Mr Corsa's machine.

I doubt you could operate a machine like that whilst wearing high heels. From my experience, for dimension splitting speed youre best to put on some pants. lolol

RE: being called a girl car, you can call ANYTHING a girl car if you tried hard enough.

A commodore is a girl car because its like a wonderbra - makes you look bigger.

too ezz

Welcome loslogo :)

9090GO
13th June 2009, 04:31 PM
Give you my warm welcome :)

Neeko
14th June 2009, 12:14 AM
ha ha tom tom :p

welcome to the site!
good to see another corsa member :D

i'll have to agree with what mizled said rear-sway bay changes everything about the car....

even its personality :skep:

Corsa_Rob
14th June 2009, 12:19 AM
Welcome mate, good to see another Corsa in Victoria, where are you located?

loslogo
14th June 2009, 11:19 PM
hey thanks for the positivity guys, i'll try and remember it next time some dude pulls up next to me in his fully sik vl commodore with a massive sneer on his dial..whatever. this car is so much fun to drive, i'm absolutely loving it's chuckableness :D

lithium
15th June 2009, 10:42 AM
welcome and congrats on the purchase. yeah you get over the girls car thing, if its good fun to drive its good fun to drive, period :cool:

simmy
16th June 2009, 08:53 AM
welcome to the site :)
if its a girly car, mayb you'll pick up all the chicks ;)

looks tidy, congrats on the purchase

Danilicious
16th June 2009, 01:27 PM
welcome to OA....lol girls car...really what is a girls car..a guy has the right to drive n e car (i dont think they are that girly since all the corsa owers i know are males)...u see girls out there driving a 'guys car' so really in my view there is no such thing...so yeah the guys on here are right no big deal...

hope to see a thread in the members cars section and looking forward to see more pics and ur future mods that u have planned:D