PDA

View Full Version : Close call last night.

Cybulba
8th September 2004, 09:32 AM
Driving home last night from a friends B/day dinner i was sort in a hurry to get home.. as i came throught the last round about on my street a cop pull behind me.. And yes i didnt know...
As i pull up to my driveway the sirens and lights went on so u pulled into my driveway.. got out :( in the rain and walked to the car.. he gave me a spill like.. " U in a rush mate. Do u relise u were doing 80 in a 50 zone " I honestly didnt think i did that fast but i was like hmmm no.. whilst the female copper was looking at me with a big grin as she was ready the plates on my car..
Anyways he ended up just giving me a warning... but i was thinking.. did he let me off cause they didnt want to get wet by having to get outa the car?? or because i ended up parking on private property ?? or was he just being nice and couldnt be bothered with the paper work .. ? as i could have easily been booked :( ...

Anonymous
8th September 2004, 09:36 AM
man those coppers can have mood swings lol, my friend was leaving mc donalds last night in his VR commodore and kicked it a tad at brooky, coppers followed him all the way to manly vale, pulled him up and tried to impound his car! lol then after my friend said sorry officer the wheels only lost traction for less than a second, they couldnt do anything lol, then the copper turned into this nice guy and started like talking to him about his car hahaha weird i tell you!.
glad to see you got let off with a warning

Dee
8th September 2004, 09:36 AM
very lucky jj... thats 30km's over the limit... thats a few points and a few hundred dollars too.. you can lose ur licence after you get back home :D

euro_stylin
8th September 2004, 09:38 AM
oh come on jason...admit its that fabulous charm of yours that got you out of it ;)

Anonymous
8th September 2004, 09:46 AM
whilst the female copper was looking at me with a big grin as she was ready the plates on my car..

i'm sure somebody will ask sooner or later

was she hot? :shock:

green valley police has some mighty fine resources

OPC
8th September 2004, 09:51 AM
whilst the female copper was looking at me with a big grin as she was ready the plates on my car..

i'm sure somebody will ask sooner or later

was she hot? :shock:

green valley police has some mighty fine resources

i bet she was scotty but not half as hot as you baby...

i agree with sher it was ur charm that got ya off..

i reckon he just wanted to see if it was a chic drivin the car then got the shits when u jumped out LOL :lol:

dazza015
8th September 2004, 09:52 AM
I remember one night down the gost coast a few of us were cruising around, anyway my brother let this girl drive his commodore for a bit, they got caught at a couple of sets of lights so she sped to catch up, like 140-150 in a 60 zone :shock:

Cops see this and pull her over (and with good reason) so once they start talking to her she bursts into tears saying she will loss her job if she gets fined etc etc.

And they let her off with a warning!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: Just because she was crying (and had a lowcut top and mini skirt on... maybe that had something to do with it as well)

I was spewing! if I had done the same thing in the same car at the same time etc etc, they would have cut my licence up in front of me! (And smacked me in the head for crying and wearing a miniskirt :lol: )

Cybulba
8th September 2004, 09:54 AM
lol yeh i wish sher i recon they let me off cause i played the worst dumb bloke they have ever seen and felt sorry for me..

Anonymous
8th September 2004, 09:57 AM
lol yeh i wish sher i recon they let me off cause i played the worst dumb bloke they have ever seen and felt sorry for me..

i thought that just comes naturally for you?

Dee
8th September 2004, 09:58 AM
(And smacked me in the head for crying and wearing a miniskirt :lol: )

this will never be mentioned again

EVER!

dazza015
8th September 2004, 10:15 AM
No I wasnt wearing a miniskirt or crying, I meant that if I did everything the SAME as she did I would get a fine and a smack in the head!!!!!

Dee
8th September 2004, 10:18 AM
that doesnt matter darren... just the image i got.... it was freakishly real.....

OPC
8th September 2004, 10:20 AM
No I wasnt wearing a miniskirt or crying, I meant that if I did everything the SAME as she did I would get a fine and a smack in the head!!!!!

oh yeah sure we all beleive ya :roll: (NOOOOOOOOOOT) :lol:

Jass
8th September 2004, 10:50 AM
Cops cant give you a fine if your on private property.

Even if they did JJ, you could have argued in court that the office failed to pull you over in the street and you were already in your driveway walking in when they decided to speak to you.

Cybulba
8th September 2004, 11:00 AM
already in your driveway walking in when they decided to speak to you.

Jass man i was on the street he was tooting his horn at me but i just kept going as i was like 4 car lengths from my drive way so i thought park the car then get out ;)

Mr T
8th September 2004, 11:21 AM
I got done in 1998 in my VK, doin 123 in a 60 whilst raining. He gave chase, I didn't know and continued my sideways anticts around many bends before pulling up at my mums house (she was doing the dishes looking out the window) he entered the street after I had got out of my car that was parked in the driveway.

I got a fine for 15-30K's over, I wasn't game to argue!

Vectracious
8th September 2004, 11:27 AM
Which is why, as much as we love to hate the police, at least they aren't like speed camera's and can discriminate.

Last night, I had to overtake a car to get into the left lane (that was sitting in my blinds spot for about 2 km's down Warrigal Rd) to turn left, so was doing about 85 in a 70 zone. Just as I got into the left lane I realised there was one of those Police "smart cars" (blue Falcon XR's) in the side street pointing his laser at me. I slowed down and trundled past waiting for the lights to go on, but nothing happened.

Cop obviously saw what was happening, saw that I slowed down afterwards, did not do anything dangerous, and let me go. If it was a camera, I would have been booked no questions asked.

RK
8th September 2004, 03:13 PM
I got pulled over for doing 90 in a 60 zone. The cop started flashing his lights, but this was on parra rd, which was hella busy at the time. So i didnt want to hold up traffic or put the officer in harm by stopping right there. So i kept going for a kilometer to find some space i could pull up into. He went off at me for not pulling over. idiot! And apparently youre supposed to remain in your vehicle once youre pulled over? I didnt know. So i got out and started walking towards his car and then he started yelling at me to remain my vehicle! Soooo i got back in and he told me i was speeding, i played dumb etc. Asked me where i was going, so i told him im going to study :) He asked me about my uni, my subjects, how i was doing in them, and then let me off :) About the only thing good to come out of going to uni ;)

Anonymous
8th September 2004, 05:52 PM
Pete, Ya gotta Watch them TMU "Smart Cars. They have a Digital Video on the Roof pointing at the Traffic aswell :wink: So Keep ya eye on the Letterbox. Coz I got done the same way when They used the Hyper Yellow VX SS Interceptors, 2 weeks later nice Blue letter in the Mail.

Degen-Astra
8th September 2004, 06:13 PM
And apparently youre supposed to remain in your vehicle once youre pulled over? I didnt know

I remember the 1st time I got pulled over I got out of the car to, the officers both flic ked the button down strap over their pistols! :shock: and the cop on the passenger side stayed behind the open car door on the cruiser.

Didnt DO that again.

Vectracious
9th September 2004, 09:02 AM
Pete, Ya gotta Watch them TMU "Smart Cars. They have a Digital Video on the Roof pointing at the Traffic aswell :wink: So Keep ya eye on the Letterbox. Coz I got done the same way when They used the Hyper Yellow VX SS Interceptors, 2 weeks later nice Blue letter in the Mail.

Damn.... what's worse is the car is still registered under my Dad's name (for insurance scam purposes while I was still on my P's - didn't change it because the stamp duty is like $1700) , so he'll get it..... and he's got no more points either!!!!

Mrs T
9th September 2004, 10:07 AM
I remember one time at band camp lol jk

i was still on my P's driving down Great Mohawk Hwy with friends (coming home from Mc Donalds Penrith on a Thursday night) and i was doing about 120 in an 80 and passed this cop driving on the other side of the road hwy patrol, as he went over the hill i saw the lights turn on, he turned around i took the side street, what i didnt realise was i had parked the car under the street light :oops: I still dont know whether he was after me or had a callout i was the only car on the road at the time.

blackSRi
9th September 2004, 06:42 PM
I got followed by a patrol car that was sitting parked along my street with it's lights off, engine running. They followed me back to my house less than a block away with lights flashing, but I shortly pullled into my driveway (20m or so down the road), they waited there on the street until I opened the remote gate then drove off, no action. I was worried I would get a summons or something in the mail (I thought they were sitting there writing down my address and plates), but nothing came.

I was always told that you should always get out of the car when pulled up and have done so, just make sure you don't stand on the road as you will be told off for endangering yourself and the copper talking to you. Also always take your license out, I got in trouble the first time as I went to show the cop the license in the plastic sleeve in my wallet and he said they can't touch it due to bribery risk etc.

In fact, I think I get better results with cops getting out as it is friendlier and respectful, they don't get to talk down to you also.
Cops even take their sunnies off or helmets (bike cops) so I take my sunnies off too, anyway maybe that's just in Perth? And I just don't look scary enough for service revolvers?

a_manda
9th September 2004, 07:14 PM
i have 2 stories ... both while on my p's still ...

1. went to pick up some friends from castle hill rsl as we were kickin on @ the tav afterwards ... saw them running out the front (all drunk) so i stopped where i was. all 5 of them jumped in (which made 6 in the car), bit of a tight squeeze as we had to squash in the barina. did a 3 point turn to go back opposite direction and as i finished the U-turn saw the flashing lights of an undercover cop. :oops:

- i had 6 people in the car
- did a 3 point turn over double yellow lines
- stopped in a NO STANDING zone
- driving manual car on auto license ...

and they STILL let me off 8)

2. was driving home from the footy, and there was RBT a bit down the road. got pulled over and the female cop asked to check my license. showed her and she realised i was driving manual on auto license (again) ... so she made me get out, and checked with the more senior cop what to do, so she put a caution on my license. i found out after she took my details down that the guy behind me got pulled up for the same thing, but he got booked, and it was automatic loss of license as it was Double Demerits.... :? :?

they're still on the hunt for you Jay ;) paranoia paranoia :lol: waiting round the corner to see you fly round the round about again ...

you were actually going about 100 ... they must of been in a good mood saying u were doing 80

blackSRi
9th September 2004, 07:46 PM
Dang, girls get all the breaks. I got badly done on last day of P's years ago.
Situation:
Motorcycle cop waiting for the booze bus to arrive spots me pull into a road across from him, I was following another car and the road ahead was clogged so this looked like a shortcut and I followed mr shortcut guy.

15m or so the road narrows to one lane and one way. I follow the car in front, go thru (no cars coming) and it broadens out to two way again. I stop at the stop sign. Guy in front of me didn't stop at stop sign.

Cop pulls me over.
I ask what for Officer (he says Sergeant)?

1. One way violation (dangerous driving) - fine and 2 demerits,
2. One rear stoplight was out - they were always frying on my Mazda, I had only put in a new bulb two days before, third one in a month - fine,
3. Not displaying P's, fine and demerit.
End of story - 3 tickets/3 demerits on last day of P's,

talk about wrong place wrong time! :shock:
Guy in front who did same and went through the Stop sign got off scott free (cop told me he was gunning for me "to teach me a lesson").
My mum always gets off with a warning (not indicating long enough or at roundabouts!! , stop light out... basic stuff, not speeding!!)

Degen-Astra
9th September 2004, 10:49 PM
My ex - was speeding, ran a stop sign, wasnt wearing a seatbelt...got pulled over and she bawled...they let her off scott free!!

:shock:

journo
10th September 2004, 08:18 AM
No such luck... last time I got caught over the limit was on my last bike,... had a fine excuse and the cop even saw it happen (sped up to beat a car through an intersection which I otherwise would have hit even I had braked) and had to take it to court.

When I was 17 though, in the good old days when speeding and dangerous driving wasn't as dangerous... I got several warnings for getting sideways in my then Mazda 323ss.

My best bust was in a CRX Del Sol doing something in the vicinity of 230 when I over took an unmarked car in 1998.
After they booked me at the station for dangerous driving they told me they had had no idea a. what my number plate was untill I pulled over and b. for future reference I could have taken the next exit of the pacific motorway and they never would have seen me again. I walked away mumbling something about wishing I had known that before I chose to pull over when the flashing lights were about 500 metres behind me and rapidly getting farther distant.
The magistrate fined me $700 and I lost my licence for 9 months... imagine if I did the same these days!