PDA

View Full Version : deciding if to get personal plates;

opel03
7th June 2009, 05:06 PM
ok, so i have now SMA 793 which is just the normal ones, made onto black! But im thinking about changing them.. first question, does your insurance change?!

Here are some of my ideas;
OPEL03
OPELAG

or maybe something with just astra in it?

anyone got some ideas??

or if i can somehow arrange OPEL with ASTRA with 03 lol?

Manda88
7th June 2009, 05:22 PM
ok, so i have now SMA 793 which is just the normal ones, made onto black! But im thinking about changing them.. first question, does your insurance change?!

Here are some of my ideas;
OPEL03
OPELAG

or maybe something with just astra in it?

anyone got some ideas??

or if i can somehow arrange OPEL with ASTRA with 03 lol?

OPRA03 lol

it wont effect ur insurance its just another plate u just gotta ring and tel em u changed plates and theyll change ur details 4 u...

i like OPEL03 myself:)

sooty
7th June 2009, 05:29 PM
OPELAG reads as Opel Lag to me lol...which i spose is a lot, because the turbo would never come on boost :p
OPEL03 is prob best...or use OPL and three other letters or numbers.

daiflu
7th June 2009, 05:31 PM
OPL666 :devil:

Manda88
7th June 2009, 05:57 PM

+1 Hells yeah!

xplosv57
7th June 2009, 05:58 PM

Doubt it'd be avail cos it would have gone with O registered cars in 1997, or taken away due to the 666 thing!!

My personal opinion is to leave it as is, i love the standard plates in slimline and black and white, or get something suited to yourself, not the car!!

MatsHolden
7th June 2009, 06:03 PM
Doubt it'd be avail cos it would have gone with O registered cars in 1997, or taken away due to the 666 thing!!

My personal opinion is to leave it as is, i love the standard plates in slimline and black and white, or get something suited to yourself, not the car!!

OPL666 is available. But I agree with you Steve.

daiflu
7th June 2009, 06:06 PM

No prob with the 666 thing, I saw one just the other day. But yea, may be gone already.

Here's some more ideas:
http://www.funatico.com/articles/best-licence-plates-1687.html

MatsHolden
7th June 2009, 06:24 PM
But yea, may be gone already.

Nah I checked! It's available for now.

daiflu
7th June 2009, 06:29 PM
yea, you posted while I was typing ;)

Manda88
7th June 2009, 08:58 PM
bf has CMY666 :p... 666 is fine, they only dont allow swear words.. well thats WA atleast

USC
8th June 2009, 12:13 PM
just out of topic..how to you drill holes on the slim plates for the european cars without damage?

daiflu
8th June 2009, 12:52 PM
Get some Euro Plate holders. No drilling needed.

hazrd
8th June 2009, 07:33 PM
my old camry was UKP666 :p

OPL 003 is another one u could try :)

noobie
9th June 2009, 01:22 AM
Is iy an astra H.

How about

TURBOH or ASTRAT

It's available.

Manda88
9th June 2009, 01:24 AM
Get some Euro Plate holders. No drilling needed.

or pilot hole first then drill...:p

hazrd
9th June 2009, 08:25 AM
Is iy an astra H.

How about

TURBOH or ASTRAT

It's available.

i dont think its a turbo mate.....

EL BURITO
9th June 2009, 02:08 PM
Relate the plates to you not to the car

plates can move from car to car

just think about that when your pricing them up

PaulyJ
9th June 2009, 04:07 PM
Sorry, but why the hell is this in the 'How To' section?
This section is for help on doing things to cars, not choosing a number plate.

MatsHolden
9th June 2009, 04:09 PM
Sorry, but why the hell is this in the 'How To' section?
This section is for help on doing things to cars, not choosing a number plate.

Didn't even see that. haha Fixed.

opel03
9th June 2009, 08:05 PM
lol, my bad.. seeing as i have put my Holden badges back on im thinking something with "astra" in it.. hmm/.

poita
9th June 2009, 09:41 PM
im sure you could of just moved it yourself pauly instead of whinging about it?

xplosv57
9th June 2009, 09:42 PM
lol, my bad.. seeing as i have put my Holden badges back on im thinking something with "astra" in it.. hmm/.

The Opel is still an Astra too!! :D

+1 thats what i thought too, he just likes to have a whinge and feel important!! :p

DEE-80Y
10th June 2009, 08:14 AM
ASTRAH
ASTRAG
OPELAH
OPELTS
OPEL.G (lol Opel gangsta)
OPLISE
OPLIZE
OPLIZD
OPLISD
OPELAU

There's a few.
But I agree with above posts, get something you can take from car to car. It's easier to remember your plates if you've had the same ones for 10 years.

Wraith
10th June 2009, 11:57 AM
Relate the plates to you not to the car

plates can move from car to car

just think about that when your pricing them up

+ 1 on the above...

As I've mentioned before on this topic, I've made that mistake in the past and got over 1/2 a dozen plates with no use and all a waste of money in the end...:(

Relate them to yourself, then despite the cost at least you'll be able to use them on any car and for the rest of your life, wish I had of done that long ago and not just recently :)

hazrd
10th June 2009, 12:12 PM
$188 for my personalized plates back in 2002 :D and having the plate relate to myself made it the best investment, considering the ridiculous price they are nowadays!!

Wraith
10th June 2009, 01:06 PM
$188 for my personalized plates back in 2002 :D and having the plate relate to myself made it the best investment, considering the ridiculous price they are nowadays!!

Very true...normal personalised/custom plates are around the $300-400 mark (here in Vic.) these days, Euros are nearly $800 and decent custom ones are in the thousands as you know, so definitely worth thinking about the 'longevity of use' if you get some :)

A bit OT, I have a very close friend who has a set of plates that are worth $55,000 :yikes: (that's what he's been offered for them, not what he paid) although he did pay thousands himself when he acquired them, but they do relate to him and he's relunctant to part with them even at that ridiculous price...just goes to show in some cases rego plates can also be a good investment - I'd love to have been the 1st person to take out custom 'GT' plates or similar numbered plates, they can fetch tens if not hundreds of thousands of $$$ :eek:

PaulyJ
10th June 2009, 01:53 PM

I was about to, got distracted, came back and it was done.

SIMid
11th June 2009, 10:58 PM
I'd love to have been the 1st person to take out custom 'GT' plates or similar numbered plates, they can fetch tens if not hundreds of thousands of $$$ :eek:

*LOL* I think the GT plates went for a pretty penny. U know, the Gold Lettering with the suitcase, I mean briefcase and keyrings? :p

Wraith
12th June 2009, 09:11 AM
*LOL* I think the GT plates went for a pretty penny. U know, the Gold Lettering with the suitcase, I mean briefcase and keyrings? :p

Don't know about that one Simon, signature series are fairly recent I would've thought 'GT' would've been taken out by someone long ago ?? if so they're stting on a small fortune and probably relunctant to sell anyway :)

Oh BTW forgot to mention, who's been showing my stuff in other forum sections or forums......:hand: