PDA

View Full Version : SKID, *BLEEP*, BANG, *BLEEP*, GRIND, *BEEP*, BIGGER BANG!

Dregger
7th September 2004, 08:14 PM
well the other nite i decided to do some more modifications to my car.

result as follows:

Http://www.opelaus.com/Dregger/pic1a.jpg

Http://www.opelaus.com/Dregger/pic2a.jpg

dug74
7th September 2004, 08:17 PM
what an excellent mod :lol: ..how much did it cost...i like the way the panel curves upwards and inwards towards the rear.... :mrgreen:

Dregger
7th September 2004, 08:18 PM
$2500 and 2 and half weeks of being without KiTT.

(lukcy with insurance only pay $750 excess)

dug74
7th September 2004, 08:19 PM
hmmm thats way too expensive...ill keep mine stock :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dregger
7th September 2004, 08:21 PM
and you know what the worst part was....i was REALLY looking forward to washing my car last weekend!

GRRR!!!!
:bang:

Anonymous
7th September 2004, 08:22 PM
:cry: :cry: my heart goes out to you and your car may the surgery have some success :cry: so whats the story man how it happen??

ultim8DTM5
7th September 2004, 08:26 PM
I feel for ya man, *almost* had a similar incident tonight when I clipped the median on an unusual intersection.

Thankfully no damage :|

Anonymous
7th September 2004, 08:31 PM
well i got my first scuff on my left front tyre pulling in to park on the kerb :cry: i took it like a man, only shed one tear! lol

Degen-Astra
7th September 2004, 08:48 PM
OUCH!!
Well it appears your OK - Your able to type coherently. Glad your in one piece mate.

But that would have to be the most expensive rear brake duct i have ever seen. :wink:

OzzySRi
7th September 2004, 09:03 PM
*grimaces* oh i feel ur pain. :|

imay
7th September 2004, 09:25 PM
So THAT'S how you get those plastic bump strips off!

Think (hope) I'll be leaving mine on, thanks all the same.

mixmelb
7th September 2004, 09:45 PM
That's a bit weird mods u have with ur car.... :shock: :(

Anonymous
7th September 2004, 09:50 PM
Stab in the dark here....... didn't check ur blind spot when changing lanes?

Dee
8th September 2004, 09:09 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: the poor car.... i feel for you

OPC
8th September 2004, 09:12 AM
and you know what the worst part was....i was REALLY looking forward to washing my car last weekend!

GRRR!!!!
:bang:

yeah i was gunna ask ya why you didnt wash the car b4 gettin the mod and takin that pic :screwy:

Anonymous
8th September 2004, 09:32 AM
eh a little sticky tape, some glue and maybe some geso fix it right up matteeeee no problemo you see uncle pepito fix it right up :P

Vectracious
8th September 2004, 11:13 AM
Ditto what Nick said, main thing is no damage done to you, cars can be fixed.

How'd it happen?

RK
8th September 2004, 03:15 PM
Airducts! To cool the rear brakes!

Am i right, am i right?! :D

FlySri
8th September 2004, 05:06 PM
Spewing !!!! Big time !!!! :cry: :cry:
Good to hear your alright !!!!
But dosen't out do the other side ????!!
Hope you can get Kitt back before the next cruise !!!!

Anonymous
8th September 2004, 05:28 PM
Ferk :shock: Thatsa No Good Boss :(
Are ya going to get the other Damage Fixed?

Dregger
8th September 2004, 05:39 PM
Nope it wasn't a blind spot check failure.
Yes well it all happened when i was on my way home at 2am. It was raining and i was going around a corner and the rear slid out, the front tyre kept traction and the car mounted a traffic island, went sideway along the island, then wacked into a pole with a kept left sign.

Nick, yep gonna get the other side fixed aswell.....and thats gonna cost me $1100 ...soo much, but they explained to me why its soo much to fix that small scuff. to do it properly they are gonna respray the qtr panel, rear bar and door(overspray) and take out my window.

he said if they do a tape up job at teh window, that the paint will peel when water gets underneath. The guys that are doing are very good in what they do, they refuse to do half ass jobs.

they even said they wont colour code my car cause there are great chaces of it peeling (if the plastic parts have been on the car for a while - build up of containminats, grime etc). They said they will only do it, if i get all new plastic parts, ei....skirts, door handles etc) so i ahev decided not to bother about colour coding the car, as much as i would like to. i'll with it.

They said if the car is brand new and you get it done straight away then its fine.

PaulTheBall
8th September 2004, 07:23 PM
Bad luck there... yep you're right when I bumped into another car in the work carpark it cost heaps to get it repaired because the window had to be taken out + entire panels painted.

I hope you get your car back for the cruise! hey you probably won't even have to wash since the panel beater does it for you :D

Dregger
8th September 2004, 07:25 PM
yeah....basically half the car is going to be repainted....i'm happy with that!

Vectracious
9th September 2004, 09:05 AM
Yes well it all happened when i was on my way home at 2am. It was raining and i was going around a corner and the rear slid out, the front tyre kept traction and the car mounted a traffic island, went sideway along the island, then wacked into a pole with a kept left sign.

The question is, are the second hand tyres on the back wheels or the front wheels????

Tsk Tsk.. :P

Dregger
9th September 2004, 05:30 PM
well the tyres on front are new secondhand tyres.....and the back tyres are old second hand tyres....if that makes sense..... hard to explain.....

VampyrE
13th September 2004, 02:28 PM
oh you poor bas**rd...

I feel for ya mate, i really do....i wasn't so lucky when the bimmer hit me, he was uninsured and i was unrego'd (for 1 bloody day!!)...

hope ya get your baby back soon!

Dregger
13th September 2004, 06:14 PM
two more weeks to go without KiTT..... i'm lonely..... :(

Degen-Astra
13th September 2004, 06:23 PM
SON OF A *ITCH!!

I was 3 days without my lil girl Jessie (Mk 1) and i was so sad without her.