PDA

View Full Version : forsale help

vanman
2nd June 2009, 08:13 PM
hi guys
who do i ask about the for sale section i put up a new post and when it showed up its already locked?

sooty
2nd June 2009, 08:14 PM
hi guys
who do i ask about the for sale section i put up a new post and when it showed up its already locked?
that's the way the for sale section works now, just to save useless discussion and fights occuring, people will PM you if they're interested :)

9090GO
2nd June 2009, 08:18 PM
that's the way the for sale section works now, just to save useless discussion and fights occuring, people will PM you if they're interested :)

Fiar enough, but how can the seller (the original poster) change the details when the item is sold?

sooty
2nd June 2009, 08:19 PM
Fiar enough, but how can the seller (the original poster) change the details when the item is sold?
Just PM admin or edit the post such that it says the item is sold;)

vanman
2nd June 2009, 08:25 PM
i was going to put pis up but ya get that i guess

who is admin?

sooty
2nd June 2009, 08:27 PM
Pete (Poita) is the one to talk to :)

vanman
2nd June 2009, 08:28 PM
thanks

9090GO
2nd June 2009, 08:31 PM

I don't like the way For Sale is running, I agree to lock the post BUT give the seller authority to change/edit details when needed.

poita
2nd June 2009, 09:05 PM
This outlines the reasons why the For Sale thread is how it is
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21955

But to summarise it.
There where cases of For Sale threads turning into a chat session, and people not wanting to acutally purchase the item.
Potential buyers would have to wade through pages of rubbish posted that hd no relation to the acutal item.

If you have a better idea please let me know.
At this stage its all can be done.

poita
2nd June 2009, 09:08 PM

Exactly.

i was going to put pis up but ya get that i guess

who is admin?

poita, kudrow, noir, vectracious, paulyj, r3n, matsholden, gman (hope i havent forgotten anyone :rolleyes:)

I don't like the way For Sale is running, I agree to lock the post BUT give the seller authority to change/edit details when needed.

Its not possible, otherwise ever single person whould have to have there own indvidual set of permissions to every single thread.
not feasible

alts
2nd June 2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah its smart and does turn it into a 'sick ride bro' or 'clean astra' or 'free bump 4 a sik ryd' thread. haha :D

DirtyHarry
3rd June 2009, 12:19 AM
personally i think locking the thread is a bad idea.
having an open thread, can benefit the seller by allowing a potential buyer, who doesnt want to necessarily find details directly from the buyer, to ask questions and have them posted openly.
this would also save double handling by the seller..eg 4 people messaging the seller with the same question eg "does it come with an engine bro?"
...i think you get my drift.

AH08
3rd June 2009, 08:35 AM
Why are some locked and others aren't? :skep:

poita
3rd June 2009, 08:46 AM
The Final Word is this
Until someone can come up with a better idea then the For Sale section will operate as it currently is.
As I have said, if you have a better idea please feel free to PM me about it.

DirtyHarry I can see the point you are raising, but that same scenario sitll happens even if the thread is left open. This happens as people don't bother actually reading the entire thread and just post.

AH08 yes there are some that are still open, these threads wehre created before teh changes where made.

If you have any problems just PM me.