PDA

View Full Version : VF Commodore - Some pics

poita
29th May 2009, 05:18 PM
Well first and second ones are an obvious photoshop, thoughts?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/holdenvfcommodore.jpg

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/pub/51638d1221034766-holden-vf-2010-vf_sslarge.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2826/2008testmuleyt8.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/3322/buicklacrossemulelu9.jpg

Nurb608
29th May 2009, 05:21 PM
The front is starting to look more and more like a falcon, but don't mind it too much. Ass end is pretty ugly though, taking a step backwards.

GreyRex
29th May 2009, 05:23 PM
Make it lighter :D

GreyRex
29th May 2009, 05:32 PM
And are they VXR rims on the red one???

Jerram
29th May 2009, 05:33 PM
rims look alright

to do well I reckon it needs to move away from the "boat" kind of image the VE base models have. To me atm they just seem really big, kinda cumbersome looking things.

Hoya
29th May 2009, 05:34 PM
And are they VXR rims on the red one???
LOL looks like it! :yikes:

the front looks more like a statesman
and the rear looks just like a ford :mad:

sooty
29th May 2009, 05:40 PM
hard to tell with all the crap on it, and i doubt it'll look much like the photoshops. from the first mule pic it looks like it's LHD too, still going to be exporting it? To saudi arabia and alike i assume.

poita
29th May 2009, 05:42 PM
afaik its the buick lacrosse the lhd version ain

MatsHolden
29th May 2009, 06:05 PM
I really wish people wouldn't do crap photoshops of future models, saying that this is what it will look like.

All they've done is take the existing VE and put some Coupe 60 items on it!

The spy photos with the camo are more interesting! If it even is a Commodore...

http://autofix.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/coupe60.jpg

cdxi
29th May 2009, 06:07 PM
Definitely the Buick, which has already been shown at several salons around the traps

Nothing Holden about the mules.

sooty
29th May 2009, 06:10 PM
Nothing Holden about the mules.

Bottom one has nothing about it saying LHD though....:confused:

MatsHolden
29th May 2009, 06:13 PM
Bottom one has nothing about it saying LHD though....:confused:

Bottom one not taken in Aus. ;)

daiflu
29th May 2009, 06:20 PM
The actual front bar looks quite different to that photoshop ;)

sooty
29th May 2009, 06:20 PM
Bottom one not taken in Aus. ;)
lol, that was what i was thinking, but thanks for the clarification :cornut:

MatsHolden
29th May 2009, 06:23 PM
Ok so it's definately only a Buick LaCrosse (Based on Opel Insignia) here in Victoria testing. Not a Holden vehicle. As Pete and CDXi pointed out.

Spy photo of the LaCrosse overseas.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/09/w_2010_lacrosse_dc_priddy6_.jpg

And the actual LaCrosse when it was released.
http://rundeautochat.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/2010-buick-lacrosse.jpg

MatsHolden
29th May 2009, 06:25 PM
afaik its the buick lacrosse the lhd version ain

WHAT HE SAID. :cornut: haha

GreyRex
29th May 2009, 08:06 PM
That Buick doesn't look that bad

But it has almost identical lower intakes to the Cruze

Nooooooooooo!!

xplosv57
29th May 2009, 08:12 PM
Please FFS Holden, bring out a turbo 6 version this time!!!

sooty
29th May 2009, 08:14 PM
Please FFS Holden, bring out a TWIN turbo 6 version this time!!!
fixed...

xplosv57
29th May 2009, 08:16 PM
fixed...

Too complicated to modify, stick with the simple idea Ford had, get a 6 and strap a big ass turbo to it, then sell it to the public!!!

USC
29th May 2009, 09:47 PM
Whats with the Grille?? :eek: looks like a hummer.

I like the rest of that car.

hazrd
29th May 2009, 09:53 PM
it took me forever to actually grow to the VE

now i gotta start again! would be interesting to see what a VF clubby looks like *drool*

Please FFS Holden, bring out a turbo 6 version this time!!!

will never happen... they always suupercharge their shit... just to be different... v6supercharged.com will very quickly find something nice to add to em if they do :D

xplosv57
29th May 2009, 09:56 PM
will never happen... they always suupercharge their shit... just to be different... v6supercharged.com will very quickly find something nice to add to em if they do :D

Well the s/c V6 was pretty crap (slow and thirsty), and when the Alloytec V6 came out, Holden did have a twin turbo version on the V6 for them to play with, was close to release in the VZ, then they pulled the pin and Ford has kicked our arses since!!

hazrd
29th May 2009, 09:57 PM
i know it sucks... they outsold holden in feb for the first time in god knows how long

rjastra
30th May 2009, 04:07 AM
Well the s/c V6 was pretty crap (slow and thirsty), and when the Alloytec V6 came out, Holden did have a twin turbo version on the V6 for them to play with, was close to release in the VZ, then they pulled the pin and Ford has kicked our arses since!!

Holden have a turbo version of the alloytec... 2.8L turbo :)

Anyone realise they make the Insignia in China (sold a a Buick). Perhaps they should ship Insignias made in China to here

xplosv57
30th May 2009, 10:22 AM
Holden have a turbo version of the alloytec... 2.8L turbo :)

I know.......... and there is also a 3.6 twin turbo motor which Holden used for testing, and also for the Torana concept.

stevedee3
30th May 2009, 12:55 PM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2826/2008testmuleyt8.jpg

This one's taken at Kununurra, originally posted here:
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=95643

AH08
30th May 2009, 05:31 PM
New Holden and Fords all look pretty much the same to me.

lee683
30th May 2009, 09:11 PM
2 years when i was down the snow at bright i saw the BF's driving round with all the cammo on. didnt know what they were at the time but guess they were fords seeing that the VE was already out.

wonder if ill see any new holdens this year??

USC
30th May 2009, 10:21 PM
New Holden and Fords all look pretty much the same to me.

R u serious?:eek:

The VE is SO much uglier than the FG falcon.

ASTRAY
30th May 2009, 10:49 PM
R u serious?:eek:

The VE is SO much uglier than the FG falcon.
some one please wash his mouth out with soap.
i dont know any ford that looks better than any holden.
thats half the reason i remain a holden man, theres never been a good looking ford to change my mind. yeah focus looks ok, but still not good.

USC
30th May 2009, 11:35 PM
some one please wash his mouth out with soap.
i dont know any ford that looks better than any holden.
thats half the reason i remain a holden man, theres never been a good looking ford to change my mind. yeah focus looks ok, but still not good.

r u for real?? U reckon ur TS SEDAN looks better than a focus?? LOL..LAUGH MY ASS OFF.

Apart from the Astra TS Hatch/covert, the german barinas and the AH range, Holdens look like shit. The HSV VE looks ok but still not that nice.

Korean Barina vs European Fiesta
korean Viva/Cruze vs European Focus - astra is now history
korean Epica vs European Mondeo
VE commodore vs FG Falcon

I think you need a new pair of glasses mate.

BEK-46P
30th May 2009, 11:58 PM
r u for real?? U reckon ur TS SEDAN looks better than a focus?? LOL..LAUGH MY ASS OFF.

Apart from the Astra TS Hatch/covert, the german barinas and the AH range, Holdens look like shit. The HSV VE looks ok but still not that nice.

I wouldn't buy a Ford because... it's a Ford.

Well, the XR5 is very decent-looking, but still hasn't completely won me over.

As for Holdens looking like shit, if you don't find the Maloo or the Clubsport or Senator or Coupe 60 sexy, then a retina transplant might be in the cards for you :p

poita
30th May 2009, 11:59 PM
are we finished yet?

USC
31st May 2009, 12:33 AM
I wouldn't buy a Ford because... it's a Ford.

Well, the XR5 is very decent-looking, but still hasn't completely won me over.

As for Holdens looking like shit, if you don't find the Maloo or the Clubsport or Senator or Coupe 60 sexy, then a retina transplant might be in the cards for you :p

I dont find the bulky look with plastic everywhere particularly sexy...But anyway, Im not biased towards Ford or Holden - that is just my taste.

ASTRAY
31st May 2009, 08:27 AM

ummm, quite frankly, yes. the reason i bought my astra is because it was the best looking car for that price at the time i bought it, dec 04 (i stupidly didnt realise we had a mazda dealership otherwise i probably would have bought a mazda 3)
as i said, yes the focus looks nice, but not nice enough to entice me to go with a ford.
i cant quite bring myself to think of the daewoo range as holdens, infact i do not class the opel range as holdens either. nor the rodeos, nissans and toyotas.

compare holden vs ford, model vs model for every design change since the beginning of holden, and the only time ford has come out on top looks wise is just recently with the fiesta focus vs daewoo barina daewoo viva.

if we compare commodore vs falcon, no there has never been a falcon that looks better than a commodore.

yes, i actually do need to go get new glasses.

are we finished yet?

sorry for the ot.

USC
31st May 2009, 06:21 PM
yes, i actually do need to go get new glasses.

:D

The AU falcon is probably one of the ugliest cars around but since then, they ve been rather sexy.

ASTRAY
31st May 2009, 06:30 PM

The AU falcon is probably one of the ugliest cars around but since then, they ve been rather sexy.
+1, the only uglier car that i know of is the ford ka.
no doubt about it, the ba was a huuuuuge improvement on the au, but in the end its just an au with its nose and arse flattened a bit. but i think id prefer a ba than a fg.

but as bek said, i wouldnt buy a ford cos its a ford.
but that is just personal preference.

mania
31st May 2009, 06:41 PM

The cruze was designed in korea? I thought that ended with the end of the first gen daewoo holdens, ie the current barina/viva/epica. Surely they're not planning on designing all future korean built holdens in korea though?

poita
31st May 2009, 06:44 PM
all this talk about the VF is great..........

ASTRAY
31st May 2009, 07:42 PM
all this talk about the VF is great..........
i cant wait to see official pics, but mainly cant wait to see it on the road. should be good.

Wraith
1st June 2009, 08:42 AM
The 1st two photochopped pics look alright, 1st thing I thought of was that bio fuel concept and someone else has already mentioned that too :)

Funny how lately concepts end up being the main design/styling cues for the mainstream Commodore range, although we won't know for sure until the covers are off...

I can't see there being too much different than the current VE other than external sheet metal changes because of the depressed state of the economy and GMH themselves, but maybe there might be an introduction to a TD powerplant ??

As for comparisons to the FG Falcon, as always it comes down to personal taste and choice, but being realistic one shouldn't let the brand put them off and not buy it just because of that...

Speaking for myself I wasn't a fan at 1st, but they've grown on me alot, I actually like the FG sport models, they look very good IMHO and are of a better o/a size, ie: not so big and bulky compared to the VE and have a very good interior and an excellent chassis and the price point on them represents excellent value for money !

As for the VF, lets all wait and see how it shapes up :)

rjastra
1st June 2009, 09:39 AM
I can't see there being too much different than the current VE other than external sheet metal changes because of the depressed state of the economy and GMH themselves, but maybe there might be an introduction to a TD powerplant ??

I think no td powerplant for the COmmodore or Falcon in the near term.

We could see the option of a smaller (3L), direct injection engine in the Commodore, probably the use of a 5 speed auto in the base models. A better LPG setup perhaps.

HappySlapper82
5th June 2009, 08:43 PM
On a more interesting note, the latest copy of TG magazine claims that HSV will re-badge and release the 2.8L twin turbo 4WD Insignia in Australia next year. In their own words, "Yum!" :cool:

glider
5th June 2009, 09:12 PM
On a more interesting note, the latest copy of TG magazine claims that HSV will re-badge and release the 2.8L twin turbo 4WD Insignia in Australia next year. In their own words, "Yum!" :cool:

that'd be nice, wonder where they're getting their info tho...

9090GO
5th June 2009, 09:19 PM

Thats good news, where did you find out about that?

chrissn89
5th June 2009, 09:33 PM
really wow thats gonna be f8king awesome :) id scrap the Xr6T idea for that any day. Of course just depends how much they want for one.

chrissn89
5th June 2009, 09:34 PM

:rolleyes:

MatsHolden
5th June 2009, 09:36 PM

It's been reported in A LOT of publications. Whether it will happen or not... well...

Vectracious
5th June 2009, 10:42 PM
It's been reported in A LOT of publications. Whether it will happen or not... well...

Exactly - with all the car makers - and especially GM in the shit - how can they justify bringing in a model that Holden will not have in their mainstream model lineup? Who will service it? Warranty claims?

Holden techs have issues servicing Astras and they were the second best selling car for ages! How are they going to go with a VXR Insignia?

I'd probably still want to buy one though... :cool:

glider
5th June 2009, 11:44 PM
really wow thats gonna be f8king awesome :) id scrap the Xr6T idea for that any day. Of course just depends how much they want for one.

I'd even consider upgrading to one...

HappySlapper82
6th June 2009, 07:39 AM
really wow thats gonna be f8king awesome :) id scrap the xr6t idea for that any day. Of course just depends how much they want for one.

$55,000

rjastra
6th June 2009, 08:07 AM
$55,000

That's rather low I think :)

rjastra
6th June 2009, 08:42 AM
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=63496

3L direct injection + 6 speed auto

In the USA this engine is specced at 200Kw/300NM on regular ULP

xplosv57
6th June 2009, 01:31 PM

I don't think it's definite yet, but if they do it'll be a great seller provided the price is right, well it'll be alot better than the XU6 from a few years back :eek:!!!

HappySlapper82
6th June 2009, 01:50 PM
$55,000

That's rather low I think :)

Me too, I'm just quoting exactly.

I don't think it's definite yet, but if they do it'll be a great seller provided the price is right, well it'll be alot better than the XU6 from a few years back :eek:!!!

I'd sell everything to own one lol :cool:

aza28
6th June 2009, 10:05 PM
aza's now thinking "buy temporary sh$t box for now... then next year buy NEW 2.8l turbo insignia" :D

poita
6th June 2009, 10:43 PM
aza's now thinking "buy temporary sh$t box for now... then next year buy NEW 2.8l turbo insignia" :D

Not the only one

rjastra
7th June 2009, 01:07 PM

Drive round in temp shitbox for 12months before realising that Insignia aint appearing :P

daiflu
25th June 2009, 01:05 PM
Saw another one of these yesterday (VF) and can confirm, it looks nothing like the photoshops on page 1 ;)

Wraith
26th June 2009, 08:45 AM
Saw another one of these yesterday (VF) and can confirm, it looks nothing like the photoshops on page 1 ;)

Please do tell more :)

xplosv57
26th June 2009, 08:47 AM

:nopics1:

daiflu
26th June 2009, 09:11 AM
^^Haha true!^^
Although pics would most likely cost me my job, so I'm gonna have to leave you hanging.

But to describe it; It's much the same as the VE, I've only seen a SS, the front airdam is larger and more sharper, the rectangles were the spotlights sit are larger and higher and the little 'wings' below these are more promanent and sharper angles. They also look like they are positioned lower, but this could be just because the holes are higher.
I only got a quick look, so not a detailed comparrison, but don't expect a big change.

ROCCO
26th June 2009, 09:29 AM
^^Haha true!^^
Although pics would most likely cost me my job, so I'm gonna have to leave you hanging.

But to describe it; It's much the same as the VE, I've only seen a SS, the front airdam is larger and more sharper, the rectangles were the spotlights sit are larger and higher and the little 'wings' below these are more promanent and sharper angles. They also look like they are positioned lower, but this could be just because the holes are higher.
I only got a quick look, so not a detailed comparrison, but don't expect a big change.

Sorry I choose not to use my imagination.......

:nopics:

Wraith
26th June 2009, 10:58 AM
^^Haha true!^^

Thanks daiflu, sounds subtle like usual changes from previous models...

Sounds about right though since the VE was a totally new ground up build, you would expect the main architecture and shape to remain the same for quite some time and at least 3 or 4 model upgrades.

xplosv57
26th June 2009, 11:00 AM
Hope the VF fixes the horrendous quality issues from the VE, the 100s of stories i've heard from VE owners makes me so disappointed to be a Holden supporter!!

goodfa
29th June 2009, 03:30 PM
^^Haha true!^^

Daiflu does the SS still have 5 spoke wheels?
Are there any dash changes?
In your opinion does the small changes to VF make it look better than VE?
Any more info would be appreciatted.

daiflu
29th June 2009, 05:41 PM
It looked better than the VE, but that could be because it's different.

rjastra
30th June 2009, 10:42 AM

I think the engineering changes will be more important than the styling changes.

stevedee3
1st July 2009, 09:19 PM
I think the engineering changes will be more important than the styling changes.Even changing the way something looks usually requires plenty of engineering work :)

Wraith
2nd July 2009, 08:41 AM
Even changing the way something looks usually requires plenty of engineering work :)

True that, even a subtle styling change means a whole new part or panel, which means complete new tooling/press forms etc. which means lots of work (for engineering and trades people) and new tooling always requires lots of $$$...

goodfa
2nd July 2009, 12:49 PM

daiflu someone over at LS1 forums that works at Holden says the VF is at least a year away and that a VE series II will be released in September this year with no external changes with the Direct Injected engines.

Are you able to confirm this?

xplosv57
2nd July 2009, 01:34 PM
From what i've heard in the past, there will be no series 2 of the VE, Holden just releases new updates at certain intervals, the VE has had 3 or 4 updates so far since it's 2006 release!!

daiflu
2nd July 2009, 02:08 PM
daiflu someone over at LS1 forums that works at Holden says the VF is at least a year away and that a VE series II will be released in September this year with no external changes with the Direct Injected engines.

Are you able to confirm this?

I really shouldn't comment.
But if it came from someone working at GM, then they'd probably know ;)

Wraith
3rd July 2009, 08:54 AM
I really shouldn't comment.
But if it came from someone working at GM, then they'd probably know ;)

I know how you feel...I've twice been involved in a HSV focus group and shown future models and had to sign a 'hush hush' form...it was hard not to devulge to people what I'd seen, but you've got to do the right thing or risk loosing everything if you get caught out because of that hush hush paper you put your signature to...

daiflu
3rd July 2009, 09:56 AM
I know how you feel...I've twice been involved in a HSV focus group and shown future models and had to sign a 'hush hush' form...it was hard not to devulge to people what I'd seen, but you've got to do the right thing or risk loosing everything if you get caught out because of that hush hush paper you put your signature to...

Exactly right. I have my name on all sorts of those forms.
I actually wish I hadn't said anything. I know for a fact that GM personal scan forums for leaks/feedback.

xplosv57
3rd July 2009, 10:01 AM
Exactly right. I have my name on all sorts of those forms.
I actually wish I hadn't said anything. I know for a fact that GM personal scan forums for leaks/feedback.

Look i wouldn't worry about it too much, you didn't reveal anything majorly significant, and if you are nervous, maybe admin can edit the quoted posts!!

But zip it next time, we want you to keep your job cos it sounds cool!! :D

daiflu
3rd July 2009, 10:29 AM
haha, cheers Steve. Yea, not too much to worry about. Just didn't want to say I saw it, but can't tell you anything.
Give me a couple of beers and it might be a different story ;)

xplosv57
3rd July 2009, 10:34 AM
haha, cheers Steve. Yea, not too much to worry about. Just didn't want to say I saw it, but can't tell you anything.
Give me a couple of beers and it might be a different story ;)

Cool, hope to see you at the social night then!!! There'll be a few brewski's waiting for ya!!!

Where do you work btw, don't have to say if you don't want, PM if preferred, just wondering if it's the same place as someone else i know!!

poita
3rd July 2009, 10:44 AM
I know there is 2 new colours coming out in October, Poison Ivy and Wildfire.
Also a new 20" wheel option.

Also 6 new features that have never been seen before in an Aussie built car.
The model is being called the E2

poita
3rd July 2009, 11:37 AM
announcment up on HSV site

http://www.hsv.com.au/news/news.asp?ID=1040

Holden Special Vehicles confirms launch of E Series 2

- Major multi-million upgrade to HSV range

- A number of Australian auto technology production ‘firsts’

- Major improvements in fuel economy

- Unveil before Bathurst

HSV confirmed today the highly successful E Series range will be given a major upgrade with new features, driver enhancements and visual changes for introduction later in 2009.

According to Managing Director Phil Harding, the multi-million dollar program includes major visual differentiation and introduces at least five firsts for Australian production cars – a huge shot in the arm for the local industry.

“We know our customers want the latest technologies, as well as distinctive luxury and performance features in their HSV,” he said.

“Our customers will be delighted with the delivery of improved economy, more power, some truly exciting driver enhancements and distinctive design themes.”

HSV will start a staged preview campaign aimed at generating customer interest and demand in the new model. Dealers, frequent buyers and loyal customers will be supplied this information ahead of general release because of the importance of this new model to HSV.

The HSV Dealer network has been briefed on the changes, and they are actively speaking with past, present and future customers about the exciting new models.

“This represents a massive change for the successful E Series range and is the culmination of three years of research and development,” Phil Harding said.

More details will be released when E Series 2 is launched.

Wraith
3rd July 2009, 12:59 PM
Look i wouldn't worry about it too much, you didn't reveal anything majorly significant, and if you are nervous, maybe admin can edit the quoted posts!!

But zip it next time, we want you to keep your job cos it sounds cool!! :D

That's true nothing to worry about as nothing's been given away...

But as said, having signed documents which will literally castrate you financially if you reveal anything, anyone else in the same boat would be nervous too ;)

I'm just wrapped to have had the opportunity twice to be involved in seeing future models and been able to make comments, have discussions and give feedback on all things concerned with the future models, it was a privelage :)

GreyRex
3rd July 2009, 01:01 PM
Also 6 new features that have never been seen before in an Aussie built car.

Is one of them quality?

goodfa
3rd July 2009, 02:24 PM
It just seems all the Media stories are saying that Holden is releasing a VF Commodore in September but the new HSV'S will be E2. Either HSV do not want to be called F Series(think Ford trucks) or Holden will not be called VF and will be a VE Series II and only have drive line updates and not the mild exterior updates as the media is reporting.

Just my thoughts as Holden & HSV have always had the SAME model identities.So either the media is wrong or Holden and HSV have decided on different tactics this time round.

Click this link to see one of the many articles suggesting this: http://www.carsguide.com.au/site/news-and-reviews/story/hsv_e_series_ii_focus_on_fuel/

daiflu
3rd July 2009, 02:37 PM
I would go by the quote you posted from the guy that works at GM

Red AH SRI T
3rd July 2009, 06:40 PM
The car coming in Septermber is VE10, or VE MY10, it IS NOT the VF. It also IS NOT VE series II.

Holden have announced they will no longer do the series II thing.

The commodore range is now like the astra and every 6-12 months it changed Model Year.

There has been VE 7, 8, 8.5, 9 and Currently 9.5 all with slight changes that most people wouldn't know about. VE10 is just another one of these model years but the big news about this new model year is the introduction of new drivetrains. There will be no exterior or interior changes, apart from a few new colours.

DirtyHarry
3rd July 2009, 08:29 PM
i too would like this improved.

off topic..dont you just love this bullshit holden campain
"holden owners grant"

its hilarious.

Is one of them quality?