http://www.users.on.net/~kuekwei/op-astra.jpg

now i need a rear opel badge, anyone got one for a dollar? :oops:

Anonymous
6th September 2004, 07:24 PM
lol i will get my grille soon as well

Anonymous
6th September 2004, 10:13 PM
Nice Coupe Grill :)
They look better than a The OPC Version.

Degen-Astra
6th September 2004, 10:22 PM
I saw one on EBay for like $10 Aus!!

blueraven
6th September 2004, 10:28 PM
got all 6 of mine off ebay for less than $5 each.

R3N
7th September 2004, 12:23 AM
got all 6 of mine off ebay for less than $5 each.

grille or badges? :lol:

i need a rear badge for cheap.. anyone wanna hook me up? i live near salter point, might go pay blueraven a visit... with some fishing line :twisted: :lol:

Rhino
7th September 2004, 09:33 AM
Nice R3N, I've been resisting Opelising for as long as possible but it's now an annoying itch I can't ignore...

I've seen either a black or blue astra (model eludes me) that had Opel badging...

Maybe it was Andy (Av8oR)

Can ya PM me some detail on where you got your grille from? And can you get me the part number for it plz? I do like it.

R3N
7th September 2004, 01:37 PM
You can have my 1.8 badge Rhino, I hear you're making your car into a sleeper... of course in trade for the turbo badge :D

I love to make ppl go "wtf"

GOZOFF
7th September 2004, 01:47 PM
Sweet looking grille you have there very unique haven't seen one like that before :D

Anonymous
7th September 2004, 02:10 PM
Sweet looking grille you have there very unique haven't seen one like that before :D

Mine :oops:

http://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=yff7wk&outx=640&oq=0

Dee
7th September 2004, 03:59 PM
i cant wait til i get all my badges on :D woohoo

R3N
7th September 2004, 04:41 PM
Samvac: lies and slander! :lol:

im driving around atm with a holden/opel combination, was gonna wait for my rear badge, but i couldnt resist, before i knew what was going on, my old grille and a screwdriver was in my hands

"wtf"

astra_city
7th September 2004, 06:14 PM
love the grill. I also love the car - silver astra...P plates...sounds familiar! :D

Anonymous
7th September 2004, 06:40 PM
same as mine!!! :P silver astra with P plates that is lol

R3N
7th September 2004, 07:28 PM
mine's a CD sedan tho astra_city :D

astra_city
7th September 2004, 09:01 PM
close enough :P you got anything more planned for it in the future?

R3N
7th September 2004, 09:54 PM
im trying to fit a remus twin tip muffler and some springs when i get a job

anyone know if fitting a muffler will void the warranty? ive got balance of new car + the extra certified vehicle warranty that'll last me 3-4 more years and i dont wanna screw that up... just had my brake switch screwed up last month and they replaced it under warranty...

astra_city
9th September 2004, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't think that a muffler would, but safest bet is to ask your dealer. There's no reason why it should, but you never know with these people...

R3N
9th September 2004, 02:37 AM
yea, them dirty holden dealers.... while we're opelising our cars, we should get opel dealers in too :twisted:

av8or
12th September 2004, 10:14 PM
Gday Ryan, yeah my Blue SRi is Opelised. Got all the gear from Ireland. Details are available if you want them, just ask us on MSN.

Mind you im sure you would remember my car, the plates are a giveaway (unfortantly sometimes)

Anonymous
13th September 2004, 08:51 AM
yo R3N wondering if you checked out the concern about the muffler voiding the warrenty? if you did could you let me know as i wanna do this as well, if not its cool i will ask myself just dont have time lately :P

R3N
13th September 2004, 02:20 PM
hey |OPEL| i just rang up the holden dealers, boy are they tight.... on a new car warranty fitting a muffler would void your engine + transmission warranty, something i dont think i want to mess with at the moment, and i also asked what if they did the install and they say they dont do installs

so oh well, im gonna stick with stock or just get a nice looking tip :P

Anonymous
13th September 2004, 02:48 PM
ohhhhh **** your joking, lol hmmmmm what the **** am i gonna do now

Rhino
13th September 2004, 04:05 PM
Oh come on!

Scare tactics...

IIIIIFFFFF, your engine were to blow up or have adverse effects, they'd have to prove without a shodow of doubt that putting the muffler on caused this damage.

Call me stoopid, but my car was just run in and I put the Electronic Boost Controller on, custom zorst (turbo back) and lowered it...

R3N
13th September 2004, 04:31 PM
actually they don't have to prove anything, because it is stated on the warranty that any accessories/parts not fitted by your holden dealer will void the warranty

i mean c'mon, common sense would state that unless you welded your exhaust tip shut it shouldn't affect the engine to an extent that it will cause damage

av8or
13th September 2004, 06:29 PM
Well acutally they do have to prove that the exact part you changed caused all of the problems.

If you fitted a new CAT back system and destroyed the CAT for what ever reason then yes you would probably find yourself with a nice little bill. However if you fitted a new mufler to the rear and a piston blew out the front.... Good luck to them not repairing it under the Manf Warranty.

Holden are a bunch of pricks, however give them enough fire and they will act on things, however it does take Holden Time. Speaking from 14 months of experience here.

Andy

R3N
13th September 2004, 06:51 PM
But in legal terms, if you do not abide by the terms contract, that contract is void... i would know, im doing it this semester :D

Rhino
14th September 2004, 10:45 AM
Just trying to put your mind at ease...

If you're that concerned about it, don't do it... But I think my car would get a harder workout than yours, and it is fine...

Yes, I stressed big time when I did it because I've never modded cars before, but I wouldn't think twice next time.

R3N
14th September 2004, 01:55 PM
I know...

I'm just saying that if they want to weasel out of a warranty repair, they'll find any chance too. For me, atm I'm shopping around for a muffler, after my tests and stuff of course :)

But then again I asked one service guy at the dealer before and he said it was fine, same again with another guy. So if anything goes wrong I'll say some guy told me its ok, my word against theirs, but still ... :twisted:

R3N
14th September 2004, 05:48 PM
Ok anyway... I just called holden customer service, the guy said that if you do any modification to your vehicle, the warranty wont necesarrily be voided, unless they can prove that whatever fault happened, happened because of the modification that you did.

Anonymous
14th September 2004, 06:10 PM
thanks!!!!

PilkyGSI
15th September 2004, 04:35 PM
can you spot me that the question black gsi ,wicked lights,16'' rims low profile, twin zorst. see how long it takes you lot. try and get pic aswell.

R3N
15th September 2004, 06:23 PM
what sorta wicked lights we looking at?