PDA

View Full Version : 2006 XC MY07 Combo Van Questions

combosb
12th May 2009, 11:00 PM
Hello guys,

im pretty interested in upgrading my 1999 sb combo to a newer xc combo model.

the one that ive looked at and sussed out, needs either a recondition or a replacement engine due to low compression in 1 cylinder. currently has the factory 1.4L twincam.

my question is, can i install a xc sri 1.8l engine in its place. will it bolt up to the exisiting 1.4L gearbox and or using the 1.4L flywheel & clutch on the 1.8l sri engine.

2nd question is: will i need to replace the complete looom and ecu etc to make this conversion run due to the xc combo being all "fly by wire" or would i able to get a aftermarket ecu wired up to make the 1.8 sri engine run.

to be honest, after driving the 1.4L twincam xc combo vs. my 1.4L singlecam multipoint injection sb combo, my combo kickass with more power suprisingly.

if im able to do this conversion and within a budget, i'll go ahead immediately with purchasing a new combo and make it happen quicksmart

cheers
pete

Jerram
12th May 2009, 11:01 PM
gday mate

Auzvectra will love this - he'll give you a good answer.

Nurb608
12th May 2009, 11:04 PM
auzvectra will be the best person to talk to you about the combo, but i thought the sb and the xc were incompatible, but as jeram said, wait for matt ;)

combosb
12th May 2009, 11:06 PM
i missed out a good price 2003 xc model combo with the single cam 1.6l opel.

if im not able to get the conversion done, as the engines complete arent much difference in price, but wanted to price up a straight swap with a good 1.4L twincam or doing a conversion which i would much prefer

combosb
12th May 2009, 11:07 PM
ive currently got a sb combo... i dont wish to do any work on that...

im talking about starting fresh with a xc combo :)

Nurb608
12th May 2009, 11:28 PM
ive currently got a sb combo... i dont wish to do any work on that...

im talking about starting fresh with a xc combo :)

ah, good move then

vectraguy01
13th May 2009, 09:06 AM
Im pretty sure you would need to change both engine and gearbox and aquire a full wiring loom aswell.

EL BURITO
13th May 2009, 12:01 PM
your best bet is going to be to find a front cut and just do a swap engine and gearbox, and if you do it that way you will also get cruise control if you can be bothered with the whole lume swap

also give Chris R a pm on here he replaced the whole lume in his Combo to get SRI features

Chris R
9th November 2012, 11:36 PM
your best bet is going to be to find a front cut and just do a swap engine and gearbox, and if you do it that way you will also get cruise control if you can be bothered with the whole lume swap

also give Chris R a pm on here he replaced the whole lume in his Combo to get SRI features

thread bump :)

given mine has 200k on it now i am looking at dropping a 1.8 into mine as well.

to correctly answer the question:
front harness needs to swap as does the drivers side axle if you are going to retain the ABS system. if you are NOT retaining it then you will have to put two jumpers in the ABS plug so the data network can see the engine computer. you will also need to recode the engine to the rest of the car.