PDA

View Full Version : TGA Season 2 '09

Shay
11th May 2009, 05:35 PM
you guys mind not talking about this for at least 2 hrs after its finished.
give us a chance to watch it before the ranting and raving starts :D

then this can become the official love/hate TGA2 thread... ;)

btw its 7:30 tonight if youd forgotten...

GreyRex
11th May 2009, 05:38 PM
Almost did...

GodsKnight
11th May 2009, 05:50 PM
you guys mind not talking about this for at least 2 hrs after its finished.
give us a chance to watch it before the ranting and raving starts :D

then this can become the official love/hate TGA2 thread... ;)

btw its 7:30 tonight if youd forgotten...

is that still on SBS?

Shay
11th May 2009, 06:50 PM
is that still on SBS?

should be...

EDIT just checked, yes it def is...

Shay
11th May 2009, 06:52 PM
Almost did...

huh :confused:

GodsKnight
11th May 2009, 06:53 PM
should be...

EDIT just checked, yes it def is...

awesome thats only like 30 minutes away!!!

Shay
11th May 2009, 06:54 PM
you mean 2 hr 30 min away...
for me :(

chrissn89
11th May 2009, 06:54 PM
huh :confused:
forget to watch it ;) im guessing

Shay
11th May 2009, 06:56 PM
forget to watch it ;) im guessing

ah k i get it,

he almost forgot to watch it and i reminded him...

i guess that my good deed of the day, depending on whether the show is worth it, ill prob end up watchin everyone anyway, like i did last time :rolleyes:

GreyRex
11th May 2009, 08:31 PM
Yep, was better... i'll give it that

Shay
11th May 2009, 08:34 PM
Yep, was better... i'll give it that

grr shh...
still an hour til it starts here...

btm
11th May 2009, 08:34 PM
I rate it for sure. It was actually very entertaining. Good job boys :)

GodsKnight
11th May 2009, 08:35 PM
the guys on the jet ski must have lost the scissor paper rock for sure!!

9090GO
11th May 2009, 08:36 PM
Well, it picked up alot compare to last year, the Aussie stig looks abit.... how shoud I say it, abit big?! Just IMO :)

sooty
11th May 2009, 08:38 PM
yep, was better... I'll give it that

+1

GodsKnight
11th May 2009, 08:45 PM
Sorry Shay im sure you will enjoy it...in 1 hour :) hehe

Shay
11th May 2009, 08:47 PM
thats it not reading this thread anymore...
infact might jump off OA :yikes:

poita
11th May 2009, 08:51 PM
dammit!!

forgot all about it :(

will have to grab a copy, im sure someone i know taped it

GodsKnight
11th May 2009, 08:54 PM
dammit!!

forgot all about it :(

will have to grab a copy, im sure someone i know taped it

:( sorry to hear that mate

chrissn89
11th May 2009, 09:05 PM
i enjoyed it, well done. I liked the 135i v evo 10 thing they did :)

GodsKnight
11th May 2009, 09:08 PM
I could pay to watch just so i can see skaifey's face one more time when he thought he lost the fastest lap lol - it was pure anger lol!

ChrisMaz
11th May 2009, 09:13 PM
15 minutes 15 minutes!

Whats James Morrison like as a host?

chrissn89
11th May 2009, 09:16 PM
he's not too shabby, just needs to relax a little more and become more natural in front of the camera.

Manda88
11th May 2009, 10:22 PM
Still rubbish... morrison is a dud didn't know how to race properly when he was in evo..

Only good bit was the lancer sportback advert test ( but reminded me a bit too much of chasers advert testing :p)

Atleast it didnt have charlie cox..

still no TGuk which new season starts in july i think:D:D

Jerram
11th May 2009, 10:25 PM
Still rubbish... morrison is a dud didn't know how to race properly when he was in evo..

Only good bit was the lancer sportback advert test ( but reminded me a bit too much of chasers advert testing :p)

Atleast it didnt have charlie cox..

still no TGuk which new season starts in july i think:D:D

now come on that's hardly fair you can't make such a big judgment after one episode. Morrison may be a performer but he hasn't done much television before, furthermore it's not as though they hired him as a race driver - Just like Jeremy Clarkson's not hired as a race driver.

Manda88
11th May 2009, 10:26 PM
now come on that's hardly fair you can't make such a big judgment after one episode. Morrison may be a performer but he hasn't done much television before, furthermore it's not as though they hired him as a race driver - Just like Jeremy Clarkson's not hired as a race driver.

But atleast jeremy clarkson has driving/racing/motoring background :p

ChrisMaz
11th May 2009, 10:34 PM
Ehhh. Wasn't bad.

kabel
11th May 2009, 10:43 PM
Skaiffe !

Shay
11th May 2009, 10:53 PM
i enjoyed it, well done. I liked the 135i v evo 10 thing they did :)

but again no conclusion, not a fan of how they do that...

I could pay to watch just so i can see skaifey's face one more time when he thought he lost the fastest lap lol - it was pure anger lol!

absolute classic, i actually believe him when he said he was about to "up-end him"

But atleast jeremy clarkson has driving/racing/motoring background :p

so does morrison...

When not writing film scores, composing or being patron of several youth orchestras, James relaxes in some fairly unconventional ways for a musician - competing in triathlons, abseiling, flying his private plane or driving in a rally championship. His love of cars is well known, as he was host of the national TV program “Behind the Wheel” (1994), professes to owning 96 cars and met his wife during a celebrity car race.

btm
12th May 2009, 08:27 AM
that was fantastic wasnt it! GOLD! :D

Wraith
12th May 2009, 09:53 AM
I rate it for sure. It was actually very entertaining. Good job boys :)

Agree !

As I've always said and maintain, I much prefer viewing TGA than the original...

Great episode last night, loved the Evo 10 vs 135i comparo and loved to see the LP640 in action :)

btm
12th May 2009, 11:15 AM
and good to see that they took on board viewers feedback from last season. eg. explaining the test track in more detail

GreyRex
12th May 2009, 11:27 AM
and good to see that they took on board viewers feedback from last season. eg. explaining the test track in more detail

+1

... and getting rid of the 'What Were They Thinking' board

btm
12th May 2009, 11:54 AM
+1

hahaha, yep, that was gold :D

Shay
12th May 2009, 12:51 PM

+1

yes, yes, yes, both of those were badly neeeded...

btw 1.8 SC in a wave runnner, thing would have about as much power, if not more, than our 6m boat... and its in no way slow, would love to see that lil thing flyin along on dead flat water....

GodsKnight
12th May 2009, 01:07 PM
Tust realised the TGA - Australia Test Track is like 10 minutes away from my hometome! woot :) Camden Airport!

and also do you think they will try and remove the inbuilt Nissan GT-R speed limit for this track? I'm interested to see what time it would do if was allowed to go over 180km/s (provided the track allows it)

btm
12th May 2009, 01:30 PM
i thought it was at bankstown airport??

GodsKnight
12th May 2009, 01:41 PM
i thought it was at bankstown airport??

Thats the stupio...i looked it up the test track apparently is Camden

Shay
12th May 2009, 01:58 PM
i hope they do a test with a non jap spec one...
and would be faster, they said it was sittin on limitter all down the back straight...

you should have set up a spy camera months ago, then we'd know whats comin up :D

btm
12th May 2009, 02:02 PM
you should have set up a spy camera months ago, then we'd know whats comin up :D
not a bad idea!

Hoss
12th May 2009, 02:41 PM
I enjoyed last night's episode and will watch again. The previous presenter's loud voice annoyed me in season 1.

I bet the boys would have been saddle sore after 4 hours on the wave runner!

Shay
12th May 2009, 02:46 PM
I enjoyed last night's episode and will watch again. The previous presenter's loud voice annoyed me in season 1.

I bet the boys would have been saddle sore after 4 hours on the wave runner!

yeah agreed, especially the way james was skippering it...

how good was the bitsamissin ad remake... surprised how well it works, thought it was too CGI, but theres an element of realism to it now... the esky went hell high...

btm
12th May 2009, 02:54 PM
i cant believe the ice actually made it into the boot!

and how funny was the old holden ad :D

GodsKnight
12th May 2009, 03:24 PM
I loved the chicken!! that went flying!

though i have never seen the ad they are attempting to take off..so it didnt really have much appeal to me really

sooty
12th May 2009, 03:27 PM
although i have never seen the ad they are attempting to take off..so it didnt really have much appeal to me really
YXCacfMUa-U
It's definitely CG

Shay
12th May 2009, 03:30 PM
YXCacfMUa-U
It's definitely CG

oh yeah no doubting it, but its actually more believable than i thought, i was like... no way you could get a ball in, let alone a bag of ice down a slide...

KID_SRi
12th May 2009, 05:55 PM
Great episode last night, loved the Evo 10 vs 135i comparo and loved to see the LP640 in action :)

In that Drag Race, Theres no way Trumpet Face pushed the Evo too its limit

Shay
12th May 2009, 06:35 PM
In that Drag Race, Theres no way Trumpet Face pushed the Evo too its limit

why not?
evo
1562kg 217kw 366nm

1455kg 225kw 400nm

ok its the bimmers not 4wd but cant see any probs with the results personally

xplosv57
12th May 2009, 07:31 PM
Ohhh loved how the 135i hosed the Evo, it's what i've been telling people for ages but no one believed me!!! So glad to see AWD with tricky computer being beaten in a drag by a simple rwd turbo with a clutch!!!

The jetski vs. LP640 race, i don't see how they were on the jetski for 4 hours and still beat the Lambo, even in traffic it doesn't take 4 hours from Melb to Portsea!!

But better than season 1 for sure, Skaifey one of my favorite people in the world but that segment was kinda boring, should've given him a good car to drive!!

sooty
12th May 2009, 07:34 PM
But better than season 1 for sure, Skaifey one of my favorite people in the world but that segment was kinda boring, should've given him a good car to drive!!
He threw that thing round the track though...back end was hanging out half the track lol

xplosv57
12th May 2009, 07:37 PM
He threw that thing round the track though...back end was hanging out half the track lol

Yeah but i've seen him many a time in a 1/2 decent rwd car and that's alot more entertaining to watch than a pussbox Proton!!! There's something about the Proton that annoys me, i enjoyed the UK reasonably priced cars but that Proton is just dumb!!

Shay
12th May 2009, 07:38 PM

i was like... i shoould check if the satria is rear wheel, then i was like pfft of course its not...

lol at...

see theres a really good shortcut...

and steve +1000 with the 135. it pretty much keeps up with a M3, an evo isnt gonna worry it in a straight line...

GreyRex
12th May 2009, 09:59 PM
Ohhh loved how the 135i hosed the Evo, it's what i've been telling people for ages but no one believed me!!! So glad to see AWD with tricky computer being beaten in a drag by a simple rwd turbo with a clutch!!!

The jetski vs. LP640 race, i don't see how they were on the jetski for 4 hours and still beat the Lambo, even in traffic it doesn't take 4 hours from Melb to Portsea!!

You knew I believed you ;)

Luuuuuurve that car

My mate wasn't convinced his was that fast, until I made him compare it to mine... and absolutely destroy me

So damn smooth too

chrissn89
12th May 2009, 10:28 PM
So damn smooth too

This is what 'makes' it feel 'slower'

Mexican Cali
12th May 2009, 10:42 PM
never really got into the show but only watched it for the LAMBO :)

Jerram
12th May 2009, 11:36 PM
I reckon they should show this ad for the video next week. Check out the female's "hair" during the jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSrhnV3VsNA&feature=related

Wraith
13th May 2009, 08:32 AM
why not?
evo
1562kg 217kw 366nm

1455kg 225kw 400nm

ok its the bimmers not 4wd but cant see any probs with the results personally

Evo 10 = 217kw / 422nm unless the Aust. spec has a major amount of the torque taken away compared to every otther Country with them ???

Wraith
13th May 2009, 08:41 AM

I'm pretty sure we all knew the 135i is quicker in a straight line Steve stock vs stock, no surprises there it has a far better power to weight ratio and a dry flat surface gives the AWD of the Evo no real advantage...it has been clocked as quick as 4.7sec to 100km/h :)

However different story on a track or twisties or wet/loose surfaces, where the Evo totally outclasses the Beemer !

The story changes again too when mods are thrown into the picture, I'm sure 90-99% of owners of either one of these 2 cars will throw mods at them and the Evo will totally demolish the 135i with the same mods applied to both !!!

Quickest 135i I know of to date from the 1 series forum is 12.6sec over the 1/4...
Quickest Evo I know of so far from the Evo 10 forum is 10.8sec over the quarter, with a similar amount of mods as the 135i...add a track or slippery conditions, it's end game for the 135i...

Despite that though if I were to choose one or the other out of these 2, all things considered I'd buy the 135i :smile2:

Wraith
13th May 2009, 08:47 AM
You knew I believed you ;)

Luuuuuurve that car

My mate wasn't convinced his was that fast, until I made him compare it to mine... and absolutely destroy me

So damn smooth too

A 135i vs an AH SriT now that would've been hallarious to watch :lol:

GreyRex
13th May 2009, 08:49 AM
I'm pretty sure we all knew the 135i is quicker in a straight line Steve stock vs stock, no surprises there it has a far better power to weight ratio and a dry flat surface gives the AWD of the Evo no real advantage...it has been clocked as quick as 4.7sec to 100km/h :)

However different story on a track or twisties or wet/loose surfaces, where the Evo totally outclasses the Beemer !

The story changes again too when mods are thrown into the picture, I'm sure 90-99% of owners of either one of these 2 cars will throw mods at them and the Evo will totally demolish the 135i with the same mods applied to both !!!

Quickest 135i I know of to date from the 1 series forum is 12.6sec over the 1/4...
Quickest Evo I know of so far from the Evo 10 forum is 10.8sec over the quarter, with a similar amount of mods to the 135i...add a track or slippery conditions, it's end game for the 135i...

Despite that though if I were to choose one or the other out of these 2, all things considered I'd buy the 135i :smile2:

There are some people out there who also prefer to keep them standard, and not have to worry about Insurance companies and voiding warranties

Stock for stock... was a semi-interesting comparison

Wraith
13th May 2009, 08:49 AM
never really got into the show but only watched it for the LAMBO :)

Same here, pity he didn't get to open it up beyond 70km/h :(

Awesome seeing it on the track though :) quick time too :eek:

Wraith
13th May 2009, 08:57 AM
There are some people out there who also prefer to keep them standard, and not have to worry about Insurance companies and voiding warranties

Stock for stock... was a semi-interesting comparison

That's true, they would be a minority though a very small minority...I'd be confident in saying pretty much 100% of Evo 10 buyers will mod their car in some way (just de-restricting the factory exhaust releases up to 50+kw) who wouldn't want to at least do that for next to nothing ;)

Less so 135i Beemer buyers as I'd be confident in saying they would be a more mature, less street racer type demographic which would buy these cars :)

Still who could resist throwing a JB3 into their 135i or getting the OEM upgrade... :D

Red AH SRI T
13th May 2009, 09:56 AM
I thought this episode was much better than last year. That old man last year just annoyed the hell out of me. James Morrison is much better.

Look out for me in the audience on next weeks show ;-)

SIMid
13th May 2009, 10:06 AM
Dont forget James had his attempt back in the early 90s with his own car show which failed BT. He drove a Ferrari 456 around a test track which was like watching grass grow. Worse than the Car Show.

Hope he moulds to the TG culture.

Wraith, I think TGUK is like 300% better than TGA, unless you fancy the Magnum PI lookalike host. ;):p:yikes::D

Shay
13th May 2009, 12:06 PM
Evo 10 = 217kw / 422nm unless the Aust. spec has a major amount of the torque taken away compared to every otther Country with them ???

sorry mate i just took the figures off redbook

Wraith
13th May 2009, 12:23 PM
Dont forget James had his attempt back in the early 90s with his own car show which failed BT. He drove a Ferrari 456 around a test track which was like watching grass grow. Worse than the Car Show.

Hope he moulds to the TG culture.

Wraith, I think TGUK is like 300% better than TGA, unless you fancy the Magnum PI lookalike host. ;):p:yikes::D

Hahahaha LOL he is a crazy looking fella :lol:

Still I enjoy the car content rather than the other ratings orientated content, that's why I prefer TGA, but will be only a matter of time before it fully emulates its parent show...

That's also why I love 5th gear, it's mainly all about cars and not much of the other nonsense... :)

Wraith
13th May 2009, 12:31 PM
sorry mate i just took the figures off redbook

That's alright, it did confuse me a bit when they mentioned the power figure on Monday night...

AFAIK the output or quoted numbers anyway are supposed to be 206kw / 422nm but now it's 217kw all of a sudden ???

Will have to check and see what Mitsu. Aust. have on their site...

On the Evo 10 forum they've stated more like 240kw stock based on the many who've dynoed their cars...

That 2.0ltr MIVEC is a little monster though, it runs 22.5psi stock :eek: and has a factory restrictor in the exhaust - easy way to up the power on future models at no expense to the manufacturer, de-restricted exhaust and a few other little mods sees at or over 300kw with the better part of 550nm and transforms the Evo 10 into a real weapon, only downside is massive fuel burn, I've seen figures as high as 16ltrs/100km combined cycle stock :eek:

Manda88
13th May 2009, 05:06 PM
are we getting the other evo x variants here?? Fq360/400 guessing ours is the 300 due to smallest Kw:p mmm evo X fq400!! *drool*:cornut:

but yeh id still take the 135i... its the 'smart' buy

GodsKnight
13th May 2009, 05:26 PM
are we getting the other evo x variants here?? Fq360/400 guessing ours is the 300 due to smallest Kw:p mmm evo X fq400!! *drool*:cornut:

Sorry boys i would have to go the Evo :) id be stuffed buying upgrades for a BMW...Japanese all the way :)

----- I don't really know much and most of what i say could be taken as jabberwocky

xplosv57
13th May 2009, 07:01 PM

Quickest Evo I know of so far from the Evo 10 forum is 10.8sec over the quarter, with a similar amount of mods as the 135i...add a track or slippery conditions, it's end game for the 135i...

Well with cornering, the TGA episode really showed that both were very comparable, Evo didn't seem to pull away from the 135i and the track run, it was less than 1 second quicker, on a completely different day, i'd say the 135i would be very close to the Evo!!

As for mods, how much has the 10 sec evo owner spent?? I'd say the only reason why the quickest 135i has only done 12.6 is cos no one has spent the $$$ (unlike some evo owners) to get it into the 10s.....

hazrd
13th May 2009, 08:42 PM
Skaiffe !

Chaife...
that is all

Wraith
14th May 2009, 01:08 PM

No the 'f#*#*#g quick 'FQ' variants are specific to Mitsubishi U.K only :(

Still as mentioned, you don't have to do much with the new MIVEC engine in the Evo 10 to get montrous power and torque and once you do, the car has all the right hardware and systems to fully utilise it - it's a tuners or street hoon or track freaks wet dreams come true ;)

And yeah, I'd go the 135i for a similar initial outlay :)

Wraith
14th May 2009, 01:37 PM
Well with cornering, the TGA episode really showed that both were very comparable, Evo didn't seem to pull away from the 135i and the track run, it was less than 1 second quicker, on a completely different day, i'd say the 135i would be very close to the Evo!!

As for mods, how much has the 10 sec evo owner spent?? I'd say the only reason why the quickest 135i has only done 12.6 is cos no one has spent the $$$ (unlike some evo owners) to get it into the 10s.....

:confused:

On the track the Evo just went around the corners neatly regardless of how hard it was pushed, even on 3 wheels it was still totally composed !

The 135i was slipping and sliding all over the corners...clearly it's handling limits had been exceeded, unlike the Evo...

It kept up, because it caught up or made up ground in the straights, it does have the superior acceleration and straight line speed, despite that it could never get in front of the Evo on the track and they even mentioned that aspect - that's the way I saw it... :)

As for the 12.6sec 135i Steve, it's had quite a bit of mods, nothing over the top though, it's in the U.S and has the Dinan stage 2 software, intake and exhaust upgrades suspension upgrade and better tyres which helps alot with traction and is an auto with the 6spd step.

The 10sec Evo 10 has similar mods, ie: software, intake, exhaust, but I think retains stock suspension and wheels - it's definitely not over the top and the engine hasn't been opened up like you'd have to do with any previous Evo to get to that level of performance...

There are a couple of local guys here on the 1 series forum fitting suspension and diff upgrades to their 135i's in order to try and get better traction, that's the main limiting factor for the 135i, (I'll let you know how they go) it has plenty of power and torque, but as said many times, once you reach a certain level of power output, if you can't get it to the ground, it's wasted, this is where AWD will always have a distinct advantage and the Evo 10 has arguably one of the best AWD set ups of any car in the World ATM :)

In conclusion though as said before given a choice, I'm with you mate, between these 2 I'd rather buy and own a 135i, it's the one that would fit me best in what I'm looking for in a car :smile2:

poita
14th May 2009, 07:09 PM
still havent seen it yet :(

poita
18th May 2009, 07:30 PM
seen it, very happy :)

ep 2 about to start

poita
18th May 2009, 08:36 PM
soooo sooooo much better than last year!!

getting better with each ep

Shay
18th May 2009, 08:37 PM
im not goin to read this thread for a few hours from now :D

MatsHolden
18th May 2009, 08:40 PM
Much better already. Enjoyed watching the Lambo come through my neighbourhood last week!

rjastra
18th May 2009, 10:22 PM
I think Evos long term test sums up the Lancer Evo X. Do you think they like it? ;)

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/234544/mitsubishi_evo_x_fq360.html
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/233998/mitsubishi_evo_x_fq360.html
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/233546/mitsubishi_evo_x_fq360.html

And WRAITH, whats the point of a turbo 2L if it returns 6.2L V8 fuel consumption? Thats NOT smart engineering what so ever.

Shay
19th May 2009, 01:23 AM
go i love the sound of that supercharged clubby...

and the challenge was alright in my mind tho others (wraith) wont like it coz its to "entertaining"...

poita
19th May 2009, 01:24 AM
hahaha

yer the clubby sounds awesome!!

Shay
19th May 2009, 01:28 AM
and for 85 ish grand its a real good car...

id have the bonnet scoop tho, makes it look like a bodybuilder, but one that hasnt used steroids so still has regular sized nads...

actually more like enlarged nads...

do you ever sleep pete?

poita
19th May 2009, 01:36 AM
yer on occassions i sleep :lol:

i would have it with the 22's and big brakes, but no bonnet scoop

Shay
19th May 2009, 01:38 AM
yer on occassions i sleep :lol:

i would have it with the 22's and big brakes, but no bonnet scoop

meh i love the ROH 20's so id take them, and as he said, the brakes are already big

ChrisMaz
19th May 2009, 01:42 AM
Wasn't really a fan of the whiney sounding super clubby. Hell yes it went hard and looked great but the sound of the supercharger kind of ruined it for me... Dunno I think I just love the sound of a raw V8. :confused:

Shay
19th May 2009, 01:51 AM
they only videoed from the front, you still get a roar if you stand behind,
i love that sound and cant wait to here it on one of my cars,
sounds like a cat being strangled, and i happen to dislike cats.

if the stereo was an option in that clubby i could go without ;)

Wraith
19th May 2009, 12:15 PM
I think Evos long term test sums up the Lancer Evo X. Do you think they like it? ;)

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/234544/mitsubishi_evo_x_fq360.html
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/233998/mitsubishi_evo_x_fq360.html
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/233546/mitsubishi_evo_x_fq360.html

And WRAITH, whats the point of a turbo 2L if it returns 6.2L V8 fuel consumption? Thats NOT smart engineering what so ever.

Totally agree...

That's a comment I've always made about small 4 pot petrol turbo engines and ie: most of them have poor efficiency, even our Astras !!!

Wraith
19th May 2009, 12:20 PM
TGA episode 2 was just fantastic IMO :thumbs: loved watching it, hope they keep up the standard of content :)

They made quite a case for the new Walkie Clubbie, HSV should have alot more orders now LOL, hell even I JUST WANT ONE now too :lol:

I was left stunned and drooling on the lounge with my pants all exploded, after listening to that supercharged V8 growling along...aaarrrrrggggghhhhhh :D

Without all the options, around 80k :eek: ...I think we have a definite 09/10 BFYB winner ;)

I think it's time for me to go buy my 2nd HSV R8 :cornut:

Wraith
19th May 2009, 12:27 PM
they only videoed from the front, you still get a roar if you stand behind,
i love that sound and cant wait to here it on one of my cars,
sounds like a cat being strangled, and i happen to dislike cats.

if the stereo was an option in that clubby i could go without ;)

As said already + 1 :cornut:

Despite loving the shape, I've never been a fan of the VE because of its huge size, but geez am I tempted on one of these new S/C R8's...the ask price is a bargain all things considered and because I've owned a previous one, that was the 1st model R8 released with the newly introduced LS1 back in '99 :)

It's the closest we'll get to an LS9 but at a fraction of the cost and much better than an LS7, in terms of power anyway...:)

The mind does wonder though, if they got an LS7 and stuck a S/C or a couple of snails on that donk :eek:

Shay
19th May 2009, 12:41 PM
As said already + 1 :cornut:

Despite loving the shape, I've never been a fan of the VE because of its huge size, but geez am I tempted on one of these new S/C R8's...the ask price is a bargain all things considered and because I've owned a previous one, that was the 1st model R8 released with the newly introduced LS1 back in '99 :)

It's the closest we'll get to an LS9 but at a fraction of the cost and much better than an LS7, in terms of power anyway...:)

The mind does wonder though, if they got an LS7 and stuck a S/C or a couple of snails on that donk :eek:

has it not been done?
or only on the vettes

Wraith
19th May 2009, 01:12 PM
has it not been done?
or only on the vettes

Only the latest ZR-1 Vette has the LS9 so far...

But this new Walkie Clubbie actually has more power than the LS9 :eek: I'm sure the LS9 can be tweaked to much more though, as it features an integral intercooler and is a fully built engine similar in componentry to the LS7...

As for the LS7, it is only released in N/A form from factory, but I'm sure somewhere someones put forced induction on one, that would be truly scary :yikes:

rjastra
19th May 2009, 01:30 PM
I think the Cadillac CTS-V has a version of the LS9 under the hood....

btm
19th May 2009, 01:58 PM
shit... missed it last night

Shay
19th May 2009, 02:06 PM

oh too bad mate, im sure you could pirate bay it, not that OA condones that behaviour :cornut:

sooty
19th May 2009, 02:45 PM
finalgear...that is all....

poita
19th May 2009, 04:48 PM
ange, jsut be done with it.
put in a s/c LS9 ;)

Wraith
19th May 2009, 05:05 PM
ange, jsut be done with it.
put in a s/c LS9 ;)

Wah wah what.... :D

Get the LS9 from where ??? and put it into what exactly ???

Seriously though, would love to get my hands on an LS9 and put it into a CV8Z Munro, but I don't think you can buy these ATM ?? AFAIK you can buy the LS7, last I read it costs about 20k complete in the crate...

Or one could just buy one of these new Walkie R8's it's the best thing they've ever done :)

GodsKnight
19th May 2009, 06:36 PM
My dad is possibly getting the Super Clubby..he wants to trade in his HRT for it haha woooot

chrissn89
19th May 2009, 09:56 PM
My dad is possibly getting the Super Clubby..he wants to trade in his HRT for it haha woooot
awesome news keep us updated mate :)

Wraith
20th May 2009, 09:39 AM
awesome news keep us updated mate :)

+ 2

Definitely let us know what happens :smile2:

btm
20th May 2009, 10:28 AM
+3

we all want a test drive :p

GodsKnight
20th May 2009, 11:12 AM
haha will do :)

xplosv57
20th May 2009, 08:29 PM
Which HRT has your dad got??

btm
21st May 2009, 08:18 AM
can we test drive that too? :p

GodsKnight
21st May 2009, 09:04 AM
which hrt has your dad got??

vz hrt

btm
21st May 2009, 09:39 AM
dont sell it! keep it!

Wraith
21st May 2009, 09:46 AM
If he needs to sell/trade the VZ HRT to get a super Clubbie - DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This new S/C R8 Clubbie from factory has got to be the best Holden ever released IMO :)

As Arnie says C'monnnnn...you can do it :D

xplosv57
21st May 2009, 09:36 PM
vz hrt

LOL i meant which one as in, the Skaife, Toll or HRT clubby, i kinda assumed it'd be a VZ!!

Still haven't seen the 2nd Aussie Top Gear episode, anywhere i can watch it online??

Shay
21st May 2009, 09:47 PM
LOL i meant which one as in, the Skaife, Toll or HRT clubby, i kinda assumed it'd be a VZ!!

Still haven't seen the 2nd Aussie Top Gear episode, anywhere i can watch it online??

just tried to pm you mate, MAKE SOME ROOM :D

xplosv57
21st May 2009, 09:47 PM
just tried to pm you mate, MAKE SOME ROOM :D

Yeah i know, deleted some stuff, try again!! ;)

GodsKnight
22nd May 2009, 06:50 AM

Well I dunno its just a a VZ HRT to me :confused: its the street version of the HRT I guess its a Skaife HRT ???

poita
22nd May 2009, 09:56 PM
what colour is it?
black with orange highlights?

xplosv57
23rd May 2009, 12:17 PM
From memory, the Skaife edition was based on a Senator, then there was the red and white car and the black and orange car......

Wraith
23rd June 2009, 08:26 AM
Anyone else see/enjoy last nights episode...speed limiter removed Aust. GT-R in action was absolutely awesome, no surpirises about the result...Godzilla is back alright :)

Can't wait till when or if they get a hold of the V-Spec, should go straight to the top of the pile :thumbs:

Shay
23rd June 2009, 12:02 PM
Anyone else see/enjoy last nights episode...speed limiter removed Aust. GT-R in action was absolutely awesome, no surpirises about the result...Godzilla is back alright :)

Can't wait till when or if they get a hold of the V-Spec, should go straight to the top of the pile :thumbs:

yeah skyline was impressive as always, shaved almost 2 seconds off didnt it?

Wraith
23rd June 2009, 01:26 PM
yeah skyline was impressive as always, shaved almost 2 seconds off didnt it?

Not sure of the exact time, but it's in 2nd place up from about 5th or 6th now behind the stripped out race version of the 911, the GT2...

Stripped out race version of the GT-R is the V-Spec - if they ever get a hold of one of those, it'll go straight to the top - End Game ;)

As they said, anything capable of a sub 1min. 10sec on their track is a certified supercar and the GT-R easily beat that time :)