PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Australia - Season 2 - 11th May

poita
6th May 2009, 06:25 PM
Who will be watching?
I know I will, hopefully they pick it up from last year.

7:30 on sex before soccer

DWS 92
6th May 2009, 06:26 PM
I'll watch, simply out of curiosity though..;)

sooty
6th May 2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah, i'll watch, wanna see how James Morrison does.

chrissn89
6th May 2009, 06:42 PM
Ill be watching :)

lee683
6th May 2009, 07:36 PM
ill be in the audience.

Shay
6th May 2009, 07:53 PM
ill be in the audience.

lucky bastard,

ill be watchin, they got rid of one of the annoyin ones, only one left now,
plus james morrison is awesome,

and there actually doing brot3k style challenges

Hoss
6th May 2009, 08:09 PM
Hopefully James won't be blowing his own trumpet!

Shay
6th May 2009, 08:11 PM
from reading topgear mag, hasnt been a mention of music on the set at all. cept probably when they introduce him...

Dee
7th May 2009, 06:52 AM
we'll be watching from the comfort and chaos of our new house :D

btm
7th May 2009, 08:43 AM
definitely be watching

oneightoo
7th May 2009, 09:39 AM
might as well tune in and have a look

Wraith
7th May 2009, 10:55 AM
Yep, I'll be watching :)

I'm probably one of the few who actually likes it better than watching those 3 pommy stooges, regardless of the presenters at least the Aust. version has got more to do with cars and less with all that other nonsense, although given time it'll probably go down the same track :rolleyes:

GreyRex
7th May 2009, 12:03 PM
The previous Aussie version was close to cringe material

Hopefully improvements will start to happen (ala comfortable presenters/better stories)

Calibrated
7th May 2009, 12:10 PM
Yep, I'll be watching :)

I'm probably one of the few who actually likes it better than watching those 3 pommy stooges, regardless of the presenters at least the Aust. version has got more to do with cars and less with all that other nonsense, although given time it'll probably go down the same track :rolleyes:
what?

you prefer three morons that have the presenting presence of a brick? they just always appeared uncomfortable infront of the camera and around each other.

more to do with cars?

astra review - pathetic
holden vs ford review - no conclusion? how slack

i stopped watching after then, but hadnt heard of anything improving.

down the same track of a concept that works.. and thats a bad thing?

its a lot to live up to, and i dont think they ever can, regardless of who the presenters are. TG australia does not have the facilities, the budget or the resources to compare.

i'll stick to TG UK and 5th Gear with presenters that do actually have a clue.

Shay
7th May 2009, 12:12 PM
The previous Aussie version was close to cringe material

Hopefully improvements will start to happen (ala comfortable presenters/better stories)

less burnouts more driving...

cdti
7th May 2009, 12:26 PM
I'll watch, I went to be in the audience of one of the last series, that was good fun, although there was a one hour delay from when they said it was supposed to be starting, then another hour after then when we got in...

I thought they were starting to relax in front of the cameras last time, so should be an improvement again. James Morrison has had a bit more time in front of an audience, so he may be a bit less stiff.

I love Top Gear, and love the challenges they do, just makes for some entertainment relating to cars. I'm not too much into the tests of all these ridiculously expensive cars.

When I said to friends that we bought an Astra, they all said "Don't you watch Top Gear?". Anyway, we're happy with the Astra.

JR
7th May 2009, 12:33 PM
less burnouts more driving...

+1

topgear
7th May 2009, 03:57 PM
Maybe they'll put more than two cameras on the track for the Star in a Bog Standard Car segment's lap...

Shay
7th May 2009, 03:57 PM
Maybe they'll put more than two cameras on the track for the Star in a Bog Standard Car segment's lap...

and the fast lap...
although they did the same in the early topgear uk series...

Wraith
7th May 2009, 05:41 PM
what?

you prefer three morons that have the presenting presence of a brick? they just always appeared uncomfortable infront of the camera and around each other.

more to do with cars?

astra review - pathetic
holden vs ford review - no conclusion? how slack

i stopped watching after then, but hadnt heard of anything improving.

down the same track of a concept that works.. and thats a bad thing?

its a lot to live up to, and i dont think they ever can, regardless of who the presenters are. TG australia does not have the facilities, the budget or the resources to compare.

i'll stick to TG UK and 5th Gear with presenters that do actually have a clue.

We're all entitled to our own opinions my friend, we can't all like the same flavour of tea right ??

Conclusionless comparisons of any 2 cars as you put it is far more favourable viewing for me than watching 3 idiots treck across Africa or the Sth. Pole or some lake in junk heaps LOL :lol:

It works because a great majority of their audience Worldwide 'are not' car enthusiasts, but normal viewers and that's what they find entertaining to watch ! yes it's all about ratings these days ;)

It has a lot to live up to ? it can never be as good because of the presenters ? it dosn't have the same budget or resources ? you make it sound like a competitor...it is Top Gear Australia and Top Gear in whatever other Countries they've started it in, it's all a part of the original you love so much, they are the ones who instigated it LOL they are part of the same group or organisation, I'm sure they want it to be just as successful in all other Countries as the original is from Pommyland... :)

One thing I do agree with above is I very much like 5th gear, pity it isn't on free to air viewing...

9090GO
7th May 2009, 05:56 PM
ill be watching :)

+1