PDA

View Full Version : HSV Insignia still possible(???)

imay
29th April 2009, 01:27 PM
Read on and spend the rest of the day in a good mood . . .
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story/DB6CED01231ABD6BCA25759A00098E0C?OpenDocument

Could change my mind as to my next new car purchase . . .

Hoya
29th April 2009, 01:31 PM
Holden is now understood to have plans to import the Vectra-replacing Insignia, which would be sold alongside the GM Daewoo-built Epica in its medium car stable....

yea sure and im santa

this news story is more believable
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/163AD4D8E1002739CA2575A6001F0097

Manda88
29th April 2009, 02:40 PM
Holden’s potential Insignia range could comprise up to four petrol and two diesel engines, all of them Euro 5 emissions-rated, ranging between $35,000 and $50,000. They include 100kW and 120kW versions of the 2.0 CDTi turbo-diesel, plus 1.8-litre, 2.0-litre turbo, 2.8-litre V6 and the new 1.6-litre turbo petrol engines

1.6 litre turbo model for this monster..:yikes: woot!! POOWWEEERR!! lol over a 2.8 liters v6 turbo?? why bother :confused: why not just do the desiel for fuel aware people a v6 turbo for perfomance line, and a v6 with valve selection for luxury lines.. and maybe a plain sri's 2.2 for budget range... makes more sence to me..:p

GreyRex
29th April 2009, 02:41 PM
I know anything can happen, but i just don't think this will happen

Brining in a single product line, with no support through Holden themselves (parts/servicing), just doesn't seem viable

How will their mechanics know how to service them? How many stories do you hear about lack of knowledge with the Astra... yet that's their second most popular car

Bringing it in around that price may see it competing with the Passat R36, Liberty GT etc... but against Holden/HSV's own range, i don't think it'll work

Manda88
29th April 2009, 02:41 PM
I know anything can happen, but i just don't think this will happen

Brining in a single product line, with no support through Holden themselves (parts/servicing), just doesn't seem viable

How will their mechanics know how to service them? How many stories do you hear about lack of knowledge with the Astra... yet that's their second most popular car

Bringing it in around that price may see it competing with the Passat R36, Liberty GT etc... but against Holden/HSV's own range, i don't think it'll work

it's holden... the mechanics don't do anything anyway..

its trying to be luxury sport, holden arent luxury ever (even the grange is a dud) i know i'd rather a passat or liberty or even a cheap audi/saab

Nurb608
29th April 2009, 05:04 PM
Can't bag holden too much, after all, that 2.8 turbo is holden designed and built at fishermans bend.

Manda88
29th April 2009, 05:09 PM
and the block has potential to be a 4 liter engine :D. 4 liter v6 twin turbo FTW!

topgear
29th April 2009, 11:02 PM
this news story is more believable
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/163AD4D8E1002739CA2575A6001F0097
Would be so good if it happens for real, sure hope it does

JR
30th April 2009, 04:28 PM
Would be so good if it happens for real, sure hope it does

+1

if i know its coming, i'll hold off on buying a new car anytime soon and buy the insignia when it gets released.

then again, plan b always looks appealing.

Manda88
30th April 2009, 04:34 PM
+1

if i know its coming, i'll hold off on buying a new car anytime soon and buy the insignia when it gets released.

then again, plan b always looks appealing.

Plan B?? what would that be

Hoss
30th April 2009, 08:42 PM
Maybe HSV are thinking the Insignia VXR with its AWD could compete against the Evo X or the WRX market.

Manda88
30th April 2009, 08:44 PM
Good luck to them i say.. lol

But i guess it would appeal to the people with hairs on their neck who always wanted a evo/sti but didnt want to be a 'ricer' to there v8 ute driving mates... :p:p

Vectracious
1st May 2009, 11:18 PM
I doubt Holden/HSV could make a business case for bringing the car over, but I'm more than happy to eat my words if they do bring it over, and hope to be one of the first in line to get one if I haven't sold my car in the meantime.

aussie_in_london
2nd May 2009, 01:19 AM
HSV have shown interest in the Insignia VXR even if Holden dont bring in the lesser sibling. One is expected to make its way over to Aus for review.....

I know someone who was in the VXR at the ring on Wed while it was finishing its trials and his feedback to me was very promising. Its looking more like our little corsa VXR will be ditched in the new year to make way for something more grown up......... :)

dieselhead
2nd May 2009, 11:49 AM
HSV selling the Insignia makes sense. Think about it, if Holden goes bust or stops manufacturing Commodores switching to some 4 cylinder wondercrap, where is HSV going to get their large platform cars with their geriatric V8 engines from?

Shaun
2nd May 2009, 02:23 PM
Maybe HSV are thinking the Insignia VXR with its AWD could compete against the Evo X or the WRX market.

I don't think they will be aiming at the Evo or Sti market. More like the VW R36 Passat market . But hopefully we get them . Would make a nice replacement for the VXR in time

rjastra
2nd May 2009, 05:01 PM
where is HSV going to get their large platform cars with their geriatric V8 engines from?

Umm... I'd suggest they would go out of business. And that series of V8s aren't exactly geriatric. They seem to be able to propel a Corvette towards the horizon faster than Nissan and achieve in their wonder car GTR ;)

dieselhead
2nd May 2009, 05:33 PM
Well, they are old tech alright. Displacement won't cut it though as environmental regulations tighten.
I'd rather have a GTR engine under the bonnet than a 7.0 V8 :)

Seriously now, what do you think would happen with the V8 market (Holden & Ford) if the vanilla Commodore and Falcon get extinct?

JohnBu
3rd May 2009, 09:08 AM
having been in london, I've seen a couple.

even in the basic format, the car is inheritantly attractive.